This is my blog, sorry is in spanish, http://elcomandante.wordpress.com/

paul222
02-21-2007, 09:13 AM
East Europe online
http://www.easteurope.org.uk

house21
05-05-2007, 09:23 AM
Hello guys
I hope this year people would vote for the favorite song rather than favorite country.Let the best sing be the best song.

house21
05-05-2007, 09:26 AM
btw who do you think is going to win?

Kenneth
05-05-2007, 09:38 AM
btw who do you think is going to win?

The eternal battle for the soul of man?
Satan probably.

The euro vision, probably Sweden.

house21
05-05-2007, 10:38 AM
sweden? there are few other songs a lot better.
as for the soul -Microsoft

Justcurious
05-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Hello brothers from all the world
This is my blog, sorry is in spanish, http://elcomandante.wordpress.com/

Hi, how do you plan to advertize it? I'm afraid many good blogs remain totally unnoticed. Comprendo espanol un poco.

RonPrice
07-06-2012, 05:22 PM
This is the url to my website: http://www.ronpriceepoch.com/
-Ron Price, Australia

Sylvia
07-07-2012, 08:31 AM
Great writing, Ron.

RonPrice
07-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Thank you, Sylvia.-Ron in Tasmania

sharonbn
07-09-2012, 12:35 AM
I always wanted to ask a resident of Tasmania how they feel about the history of that region, specifically what their ancestors did to the natives.

RonPrice
07-09-2012, 01:03 AM
I always wanted to ask a resident of Tasmania how they feel about the history of that region, specifically what their ancestors did to the natives.
------------------------
The history of Tasmania, sharonbn, insofar as its relationship with the Aboriginal people has a tragic side. Go to this link for an excellent overview of that tragedy and the history of that people. The author of this statement accurately reflects my own understanding of the Aboriginal experience on this island-state of Australia: http://www.tasmania-attractions.com/aboriginal-history.html

sharonbn
07-09-2012, 01:26 AM
from your link, this is what the author has to say:

"I feel very sad when I think of those 30 years. In fact it upsets me when I think of any time people die as a result of persecution or neglect."

is that what you feel? sadness?

PS
please don't send me to another blog/webpage. we are conversing here, make the effort to express yourself....

RonPrice
07-09-2012, 02:59 AM
Indeed, sharonbn, I feel very sad when I think of those 30 years. In fact it upsets me when I think of any time people die as a result of persecution or neglect, but there are sad and tragic things happening all the time in the world, both now and in all the historical periods of history. One would feel upset and sad all the time, for there is always some tragedy present in the world.

And so it is that one must work out some basis for action in this world, in the society in which one lives, a global society. One would not be very useful to oneself or to others if one felt sad, upset and despondent over the events of life. One has to work out some value and belief system as a basis for one's action in the world to deal with the tragic side of things. We each make our own response in life; we choose some value and belief system as our basis for action.

My basis of response has to do with my membership in the Baha'i Faith for over 50 years---since my teens. I was a teacher for 32 years and a student for 18. In that half century I have had to deal with the harsh realities of the world, the post WW2 world in which i have lived and grown into late adulthood. I have also been a writer and editor, publisher and author for 13 years. I channel and have channelled my concerns through these roles and activities in my life. If you want to read about how I do it you can go to my website, but I won't send you yet another link.

I wish you well, sharonbn, and I hope I have given you an answer which you find satisfying. If not, I trust I will hear from you again. Best wishes in your own dealing with the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune in your own life and the lives of millions of others.-Ron

sharonbn
07-09-2012, 05:00 AM
thanks for the honest reply, RonPrice. I can see you are a man of conscience.
now I want to ask - do you in any way feel any personal responsibility for the actions of your ancestors?
I assume you were born an aussie and have lived there most of your life (correct me if i'm wrong)
do you feel like a native aussie? I mean, to an outsiders like me, you seem to be closer to the british in terms of culture and genetics.

btw, i lived for 6 months in Melbourne (back in the 90s) and loved it very much :)

Sylvia
07-09-2012, 08:29 AM
thanks for the honest reply, RonPrice. I can see do you in any way feel any personal responsibility for the actions of your ancestors?
I assume you were born an aussie and have lived there most of your life (correct me if i'm wrong)
do you feel like a native aussie? I

Sharon, you'll find out that he wasn't born an aussie as soon as you click on his site. So why not take a stroll there? Unless your feet hurt?

RonPrice
07-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Yes, Sylvia, my site is filled with autobiographical material. Thanks for mentioning it. I leave that to Sharon to do with as she pleases. That question of personal responsibility for what my ancestors did or did not do has been a big issue in Australia. Eventually, there was a formal apology from the federal government, the Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd, several years ago for the treatment of Aboriginals by the white colonists.

We all live on the shoulders of our ancestors in so many ways; we are where we are to a significant extent because of them. But I honestly do not feel guilty for what my great grandfather did back in the first half of the 19th century. Over and out for now.-Ron