PDA

View Full Version : No Arabs, no terror = racism?

NewsGuy
01-31-2002, 11:45 AM
From Haaretz:

Attorney General Elyakim Rubinstein ruled Thursday that the slogan publicized by far-right activists, "No Arabs, no terror," constitutes incitement to racism. Rubinstein handed his ruling to the police, who have been investigating the issue of bumper stickers carrying this message.

"The attorney general made clear that the slogan 'No Arabs, no terror" constitutes incitement to racism," a Justice Ministry spokesman said.

He said anyone who used the slogan in public would face up to five years in jail if convicted. "Instructions to this effect have been passed to the Israel Police, so it might conduct itself accordingly," the spokesman said.

Rubinstein's ruling comes on the heels of a letter sent by a right-wing activist, Aviad Vissuli, to a senior prosecutor in the State Prosecutor's office, Talia Sasson. Vissuli claimed that the slogan was legitimate and acceptable under the terms of free speech, and asked that Rubinstein rule on the matter.

Waddaya think?

McSceptic
02-01-2002, 02:15 AM
I'd disagree with the premises of the argument. There are no races, we're all just expatriate Africans.

raven
02-01-2002, 05:41 AM
Would the term, "Islamists" be more politically correct? Gee, did I MISS who has been doing this on a regular basis for oh...about 30 years? G-d forbid we finally say it.

This shows over reaction to other's opinions and fear. Do we want to survive or NOT? This is woosy behavior which will translate into "they are too afraid to defend themselves". Not good.

This is rediculous!!

McSceptic
02-01-2002, 06:30 AM
Yup, Arabs as a political, lingustic and cultural group. But not genetic. Genes don't equal character or destiny. You know where that leads.

But the Israelis aren't nearly strong enough to exterminate all the Arabs (it is Arabs you mean, not Muslims? There's quite a difference. More of them for a start). Even in our heyday, we Europeans would have balked at the task, and much of our land clearance was done for us through disease. But don't expect our help. Arabs = people = consumers = money!

takeo
02-01-2002, 07:07 AM
I bet that judge was bought by the Arabs, isn't it Raven?

NewsGuy
02-01-2002, 07:40 PM
Here's some food for tought:

The leftists who brought up the issue argued what if the slogan was 'no Jews, no terrorism' (meaning if there were no Jews living in Israel, there would be no need for Arab terrorism).

takeo
02-02-2002, 07:15 AM
it would be anti-semitism

takeo
02-02-2002, 07:16 AM
however that doesn't mean that Jews have the right to controll the Arabs
no jewish oppression= no terrorism would be right

aid
02-02-2002, 08:13 AM
It's not racism.

It's plain truth.

L@mplighterM
02-02-2002, 08:34 PM
Here's a slogan frequently used by the Arabs/Muslims:

First the Saturdays then the Sundays.

I supposed that would be allowed as a bumper sticker.

NewsGuy
02-03-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by L@mplighterM
First the Saturdays then the Sundays.

In Arab countries, the prevailing slogan is "Itbach alYaud," meaning "Butcher the Jews." This ia a favorite of the Palestinians, as well, which is ironic that Israel is protecting these very same Palestinians.

Negev
02-03-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by NewsGuy
ironic that Israel is protecting these very same Palestinians.

ironic and also a big mistake.

let the truth be known. palis breed violence. they need to be separated from regular people. nothing racist about that. it's survival in the islamic mideast jungle.

NewsGuy
02-04-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Negev
... palis breed violence.

Some Palestinians, yes. Maybe even many Palestinians but, in all fairness, not all of them.

Mediocrates
06-01-2005, 12:28 PM
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1117594047087

They were serious about this:

The Jerusalem Magistrate's court on Wednesday sentenced Israeli far-right activist David Ha'Ivri to four months of community service for distributing t-shirts reading "No Arabs No Terror" with the picture of the late Rabbi Meir Kahane on them.

Freedom of speech has a very peculiar meaning in Israel.

water
06-01-2005, 12:55 PM
wow give the man a hand
can i buy one

Ariksan
06-01-2005, 08:15 PM
it would be anti-semitism

Glad we agree that "No Jews in Gush Katif - No terror" would be racist.

Leon
06-02-2005, 04:17 AM
From Haaretz:

Attorney General Elyakim Rubinstein ruled Thursday that the slogan publicized by far-right activists, "No Arabs, no terror," constitutes incitement to racism. Rubinstein handed his ruling to the police, who have been investigating the issue of bumper stickers carrying this message.

"The attorney general made clear that the slogan 'No Arabs, no terror" constitutes incitement to racism," a Justice Ministry spokesman said.

He said anyone who used the slogan in public would face up to five years in jail if convicted. "Instructions to this effect have been passed to the Israel Police, so it might conduct itself accordingly," the spokesman said.

Ok, so wat about all those Arab/Palestinian Sheiks, muftis, Fatah, Hamas leaders and other senior PA officials who preach "death to the Jews" 247/7 on their state television, radio and via educational institutions? You know the ones who inspire terror attacks against innocent and defensless Jewish men, women and children? Has any action been taken against them in the past 10 years (since Oslo) for voilating key peace agreements and preaching incitment to murder/ehtnic cleanising/all out genocide and least of all racial hatred??

Helllo Attorney General, is anyone home upstairs or have you got ure head buried in Haaretz (buried much like an ostrich)??

Mediocrates
06-02-2005, 09:41 AM
Oh I don't even care about that since freedom of speech isn't predicated on what other people do. It just seems very mamby-pamby all on its own. By American standards - and we by no means are at the vanguard of free expression, this is pretty tame stuff and suppressing it is overkill.

Ruth05
06-02-2005, 10:16 PM
It's an interesting thing, this slogan. Aside from the fact that many innocent Arabs would die (because the TRUTH is, the news makes it seem like every Arab is an enemy of Israel, but I bet amonth those loud pieces of junk are just normal people who just want to live their lives) the slogan certainly does have some real truth in it. It would seem to be self-evident logic: If all terrorists are Arabs, then kill all Arabs and there would be no more terrorism.

However, then you'd get some of the crazier far-left progressively freakier and freakier leftover hippies that so inhabit the area where I live (Los Angeles) translating their violent peace incitations into....rocks at temples, rocks thrown at the government and...basically, the terrorist chain would probably not end with the Arabs; because the Arabs have WAY too many supporters in the far left. Even Jews! It's disgusting!

Anyway, I searched out this forum because there's this new pub online I've been following, called Earthblog, www.earthblog.net (http://www.earthblog.net) , which I've been enjoying for the most part. It's kind of like a Drudge Report, but easier to look at. Seems like it's trying to stay centrist, but the headlines often scream LEFT. Anyway, I finally got the stomach up tonight to check out something in the Opinion section, "Why Do They Hate Us?"---and it's the BIGGEST crock of junk I've come across since the rahrahblueghrah from the left during the US's last presidential campaign. I could email them and raise a stink...but I'm just one person. And besides, it is in the opinion column, so there's really not much I can say. I beseech every one of you who does love Israel and who had/have relatives who settled the land (like my boyfriend's mom), who really knows the truth, who was in the '67 war (like my boyfriend)---especially any news writers among you, to submit your own opinion article on the subject, a counter, even to this garbage. Why Do They Hate Us? I'll tell you why; because they're jealous. Because the land was nothing, a wasteland, before the Jews moved in, irrigated it, made something out of it more than a desert! Ugh, I can go on and on. Help, please, set the readers of this new pub straight. Last thing the internet needs is more leftist junk, if even "just" in the opinion section. Thanks.

NewsGuy
06-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Ok, so wat about all those Arab/Palestinian Sheiks, muftis, Fatah, Hamas leaders and other senior PA officials who preach "death to the Jews" 247/7 on their state television, radio and via educational institutions?

They get the respect and admiration of their of their fellow anti-Semitic terrorism supporters.

Ruth05
06-03-2005, 04:21 PM
if you mean the arabs, yeah, that, too.

KettleWhistle
06-03-2005, 04:31 PM
Let's not sink to their level....

Talking to them in their language isn't sinking to their level. It is simply the only way to communicate with them.

Toga
06-04-2005, 05:22 PM
It's an interesting thing, this slogan.

This is a sickening phraise "Let's not sink to their level....". That is why they define the Jews as elitist. How do you want them to understand the Jews if we don't speak their language.

Our "Let's not sink to their level...." approach does not work. First, we will never sink to their level because even if we wanted we could not. However, on occasion it is necessarily to come down to their level so that they can also feel the pain. It easy to give the pain but not that easy to receive it and in the Middle East they understand the notion of fighting the fire with fire.

Mediocrates
06-04-2005, 06:26 PM
I have no problem at all with a dirty alleyfight. The only thing a moral highground is good for is provide a better target to shoot at.

Toga
06-05-2005, 05:02 PM
I have no problem at all with a dirty alleyfight. The only thing a moral highground is good for is provide a better target to shoot at.

Yeah! Perhaps!

Unfortunately, in the Middle East if you don't display revenge and inflict the pain the adversary inflicted on you then you are perceived as weak and weak opponents get attacked and eradicated.