PDA

View Full Version : Beilin wins race for leadership of Yahad



sharonbn
03-16-2004, 11:20 PM
Yossi Beilin was announced the winner on Tuesday night in a tight race against MK Ran Cohen for the leadership of the new Yahad Party (f.k.a Meretz, sharonbn)

A 70 percent voter turnout was recorded, with 16,000 party members out of 21,000 showing up to cast their ballot.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/405460.html

Gilgamesh
03-17-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by sharonbn
Yossi Beilin was announced the winner on Tuesday night in a tight race against MK Ran Cohen for the leadership of the new Yahad Party (f.k.a Meretz, sharonbn)

A 70 percent voter turnout was recorded, with 16,000 party members out of 21,000 showing up to cast their ballot.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/405460.html

I guess I was hard for you, Sharonbn, to vote a thousand times for Bailin... it takes forever, standing alone in hall, the endless queue. papers, voting, queue, papers, line...

Oh Jerusalem
03-17-2004, 10:39 PM
This was good news for me.

Whatever Beilin has touched has turned to lead. Goodbye Meretz! Only the EU can save you now!

KSO
04-01-2004, 10:59 AM
The Geneva Agreements made Beilin more Bareable on the ISraeli public, with the decline of the avoda party, good chance for him to become the leader of the zionist left-center.

but Im still voting BALAD...

Ahava
04-01-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by KSO
The Geneva Agreements made Beilin more Bareable on the ISraeli public, with the decline of the avoda party, good chance for him to become the leader of the zionist left-center.

but Im still voting BALAD...

an arab party...

if you prefer Arabs above Jews then why are you living in Israel of all places? The ME is a sea of Arabs.

KSO
04-01-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Ahava
an arab party...

if you prefer Arabs above Jews then why are you living in Israel of all places? The ME is a sea of Arabs.

there is no party who represents me, HADASh are communists and i cant vote commie no matter how hard I try, the only reason I support BALAD its because Azmi Beshara is the most inteligent and interesting political figures in Israel, he always puts a mirror in front of the Israeli public, sometimes his ideas are hard to digest but lets remember the great russian saying "Dont blame the mirror if your face is ugly"

Mediocrates
04-01-2004, 11:27 AM
Yes we used to hear the same things from North Korean Gualgs too - the more you hate and criticize, the better citizen you are.

Ahava
04-01-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by KSO
there is no party who represents me, HADASh are communists and i cant vote commie no matter how hard I try, the only reason I support BALAD its because Azmi Beshara is the most inteligent and interesting political figures in Israel, he always puts a mirror in front of the Israeli public, sometimes his ideas are hard to digest but lets remember the great russian saying "Dont blame the mirror if your face is ugly"

But what's wrong with the Israeli parties? There's a broad variety, there's one for everyone I'd think. Shinui for example? (having read you hope never to become religious)
Or even Meretz..

KSO
04-01-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Ahava
But what's wrong with the Israeli parties? There's a broad variety, there's one for everyone I'd think. Shinui for example? (having read you hope never to become religious)
Or even Meretz..

Cant vote Shinui the are way to far in the right in the economic side, and their war against the religious is just plain dumb, Meretz... well dont see any interesting people there, no new ideas, dont like beilin, even though it's the only politician I visited in his house...
Azmi Bashara is a brilliant man, and the goverement tries to shut him up that's why i support him, I dont agree with his idea of a One state for two nations because i dont believe it's possible.
but the rest of his program is pretty good, and i hope that his voice will be heard for a long time.

KSO
04-01-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Mediocrates
Yes we used to hear the same things from North Korean Gualgs too - the more you hate and criticize, the better citizen you are.

:confused:

Mediocrates
04-01-2004, 11:51 AM
you should start your own party - the people who suggest little and complain a lot.

Ahava
04-01-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by KSO

Azmi Bashara is a brilliant man, and the goverement tries to shut him up that's why i support him, I dont agree with his idea of a One state for two nations because i dont believe it's possible.
but the rest of his program is pretty good, and i hope that his voice will be heard for a long time.

Everyone has the right to speak out freely (within certain borders) but thats no reason to vote for an idiot!
He advocates a binational state. He undermines the very core of Israel the Jewish state! It's outrageous, Israel is THE ONLY JEWISH STATE IN THIS ENTIRE WORLD and even that is too much? The zionist dream, fulfilled after years of struggle and the shoa, and so so necessary, given the fact that the world is full of edited by moderator anti-semites and for the rest passive and uncaring peole, and he wants to destroy it? Never.

The world allowed the Holocaust to happen. The rise of Hitler and the nazis was the ultimate test for the world: what would they do when the Jews were in real danger and needed help? What if they came in such a situation where their very existence as a people was threatened and they were slaughtered by millions?

The world failed the test. They failed miserably. Even after the war they were still cold and uncaring about what happened. What happened could easily happen again if you leave it up to the world. Israel is needed to be sure it will never happen again. After the Holocaust we said Never Again. And we mean it. Never again, and never again it is.

Mediocrates
04-01-2004, 11:59 AM
Dunno, maybe the KSOs of the world just don't care either way. As long as its relatively quiet, cable TV is running and the clubs are fulla hot chicks/guys.....let em all become Israe-stinians, Canaanites? Whatever..dude you gonna eat that nacho?

KSO
04-01-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Ahava
Everyone has the right to speak out freely (within certain borders) but thats no reason to vote for an idiot!
He advocates a binational state. He undermines the very core of Israel the Jewish state! It's outrageous, Israel is THE ONLY JEWISH STATE IN THIS ENTIRE WORLD and even that is too much? The zionist dream, fulfilled after years of struggle and the shoa, and so so necessary, given the fact that the world is full of ing anti-semites and for the rest passive and uncaring people, and he wants to destroy it? Never.

The world allowed the Holocaust to happen. The rise of Hitler and the nazis was the ultimate test for the world: what would they do when the Jews were in real danger and needed help? What if they came in such a situation where their very existence as a people was threatened and they were slaughtered by millions?

The world failed the test. They failed miserably. Even after the war they were still cold and uncaring about what happened. What happened could easily happen again if you leave it up to the world. Israel is needed to be sure it will never happen again. After the Holocaust we said Never Again. And we mean it. Never again, and never again it is.

Never again to a jewish holocaust or never again to the idea of race extremination ofany nation? Ill choose the second option, I dont want to see any kind of holocaust and race discrimination, And everytime Israel Gets closer to a racist state Im glad Azmi Beshara still has the right to speak against it.

Ahava
04-01-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Mediocrates
Dunno, maybe the KSOs of the world just don't care either way. As long as its relatively quiet, cable TV is running and the clubs are fulla hot chicks/guys.....let em all become Israe-stinians, Canaanites? Whatever..dude you gonna eat that nacho?

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

KSO
04-01-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Mediocrates
Dunno, maybe the KSOs of the world just don't care either way. As long as its relatively quiet, cable TV is running and the clubs are fulla hot chicks/guys.....let em all become Israe-stinians, Canaanites? Whatever..dude you gonna eat that nacho?

Nice... Nice...
I will call my party ITAP (Internet Tigers against Peace) vote for ITAP, and go straight to heaven (with 73 virgins- one more than the islamic heaven!! and 46 of the are jewish!! so you wont have problems with your conservative Grandpa!!!)

Ahava
04-01-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by KSO
Never again to a jewish holocaust or never again to the idea of race extremination ofany nation? Ill choose the second option, I dont want to see any kind of holocaust and race discrimination, And everytime Israel Gets closer to a racist state Im glad Azmi Beshara still has the right to speak against it.

Never again an extermination like the Holocaust to any people, but if you don't mind, Jews are my no.1 priority. I have to care, cos others won't. It's as simple as that.
A holocaust and some discrimination as may exist in Israel - no way you can compare those things. I am very anti-racist in any form, but don't you think denying the Jews a state is anti-semitic? I just pointed out the importance of a Jewish state and you are voting for a man who wants to destroy Israel as Jewish state. To me that's more important than whichever economic programmes he may have and however "intelligent" he is.

Mediocrates
04-01-2004, 12:12 PM
But it goes deeper than that. If that is a real person with a real opion than what they have said here its better all the Jews are wiped out than one person suffer.

KSO
04-01-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Ahava
Never again an extermination like the Holocaust to any people, but if you don't mind, Jews are my no.1 priority. I have to care, cos others won't. It's as simple as that.
A holocaust and some discrimination as may exist in Israel - no way you can compare those things. I am very anti-racist in any form, but don't you think denying the Jews a state is anti-semitic? I just pointed out the importance of a Jewish state and you are voting for a man who wants to destroy Israel as Jewish state. To me that's more important than whichever economic programmes he may have and however "intelligent" he is.

Well again I support the idea of a jewish state, and i'm glad that that there is a country like Israel, but as a citizens we must think what kind of a jewish state it will be, I think that today Israel is on the wrong path it doesnt mean i love it any less, I just think its good there is a man in our parliament who raises issues subjects and issues that the left-centrist politicians ignore.

Ahava
04-01-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by KSO
Well again I support the idea of a jewish state, and i'm glad that that there is a country like Israel, but as a citizens we must think what kind of a jewish state it will be, I think that today Israel is on the wrong path it doesnt mean i love it any less, I just think its good there is a man in our parliament who raises issues subjects and issues that the left-centrist politicians ignore.

Fair enough, I think too that there are things that must be improved and there are problems, but there are others than someone who is against Israels very existence you can vote for who are critical too.
Im just wonderin what do you love about Israel?

KSO
04-01-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Ahava
Fair enough, I think too that there are things that must be improved and there are problems, but there are others than someone who is against Israels very existence you can vote for who are critical too.
Im just wonderin what do you love about Israel?

Well i like the people ,all of my friends and most of my family live there, I like the winter in israel because, I like some of the cities Tel Aviv is a nice place and Haifa is a great city to visit, I just like living there...
And again if i thought Azmi Bshara possesses any treat to Israel I wouldnt support him, but today some of the Generals and the ministers in the goverment are much more dangerous to Israel than him.

golani
04-01-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by KSO
Cant vote Shinui the are way to far in the right in the economic side, and their war against the religious is just plain dumb, Meretz... well dont see any interesting people there, no new ideas, dont like beilin, even though it's the only politician I visited in his house...
Azmi Bashara is a brilliant man, and the goverement tries to shut him up that's why i support him, I dont agree with his idea of a One state for two nations because i dont believe it's possible.
but the rest of his program is pretty good, and i hope that his voice will be heard for a long time.

Why is shinoui so much against alya from falasha mura or bnei esrael??

Oh Jerusalem
04-02-2004, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by KSO
the only reason I support BALAD its because Azmi Beshara is the most inteligent and interesting political figures in Israel, he always puts a mirror in front of the Israeli public, sometimes his ideas are hard to digest but lets remember the great russian saying "Dont blame the mirror if your face is ugly"
Let's clear the air about Azmi Bishara (http://www.israelforum.com/board/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=1380).

KSO
04-02-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by golani
Why is shinoui so much against alya from falasha mura or bnei esrael??

I never heard that they are so against it...
but if it is true It's only natural they are a party of middle class "ashkenazim", they don't like the oriental jews, so i guess ethiopian jews are way to much for them.

Oh Jerusalem
04-02-2004, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by KSO
I never heard that they are so against it...
but if it is true It's only natural they are a party of middle class "ashkenazim", they don't like the oriental jews, so i guess ethiopian jews are way to much for them.
Identical twins:

Tommy (http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38751000/jpg/_38751603_tommylapid_150ap.jpg)

Archie (http://espn.go.com/media/pg2/2001/0625/photo/a_oconnor_i.jpg)

KSO
04-02-2004, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Oh Jerusalem
Identical twins:

Tommy (http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38751000/jpg/_38751603_tommylapid_150ap.jpg)

Archie (http://espn.go.com/media/pg2/2001/0625/photo/a_oconnor_i.jpg)
:D

JEAN MARIE LA - PID

Mediocrates
04-02-2004, 03:40 AM
So basically for anyone to the right of Bakunin, KSO simply throws the charge of racist over his shoulder and walks away.


Good Morning Louis Farakhan.

KSO
04-02-2004, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Mediocrates
So basically for anyone to the right of Bakunin, KSO simply throws the charge of racist over his shoulder and walks away.


Good Morning Louis Farakhan.

No... not all right wing people are racist, Lapid is, it's his choise i dont approve it but hey if 1\2 million israelis support his party, who am I to speak.

Mira~
04-02-2004, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by Ahava
Never again an extermination like the Holocaust to any people, but if you don't mind, Jews are my no.1 priority. I have to care, cos others won't. It's as simple as that.
A holocaust and some discrimination as may exist in Israel - no way you can compare those things. I am very anti-racist in any form, but don't you think denying the Jews a state is anti-semitic? I just pointed out the importance of a Jewish state and you are voting for a man who wants to destroy Israel as Jewish state. To me that's more important than whichever economic programmes he may have and however "intelligent" he is.
Amen, Ahava. Last night I watched an amazing documentary on Rwanda. The images are no less shocking than the Jewish holocaust. Incredibly awful. They interviewed Clinton, asking him why he didn't go in there to stop the genocide and although apologetic, it was clear that the US didn't want to risk another Somalia at the time and underestimated the extent of what was happening (don't nations always underestimate the extent of what's happening elsewhere?). They also interviewed Kofi Annan and he said that the world lacked the will to go in there and stop it at the time. (Most military experts estimate that it would have taken around 5000 troops to save about 1/2 the people, but the UN pulled their troops before things got bad). Annan then said that he could not honestly say whether the world would lack the political will in the future to stop such genocides again. For the first time in my life, I actually screamed at the television set! "It's happening right now now in North Korea, you stupid son of a %$#&*!!!! Lesson learned is that you cannot expect the world to save you and to do what's right. There may be well intentioned people in the world who want to stop all of these kinds of horrors, but when it comes down to it, we need to cover our own butts.

There are some very interesting articles in the Economist on Rwanda in the current issue. Today, Rwanda is a quiet place, but the government tightly controls and monitors their people. They also have no trust in the UN (obviously) and the legacy of the genocide has left a very lasting impressi9on in their minds and has affected how they do things. "Never again" to them means the same thing that it means for Jews, which is never again will they look to anyone else to protect them. They won't put their lives in someone else's hands. Why can't the world understand this about people who have been almost totally annihilated by genocide?

golani
04-02-2004, 05:21 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mira
[B] . There may be well intentioned people in the world who want to stop all of these kinds of horrors, but when it comes down to it, we need to cover our own butts.

Look at what has hapenned and still hapenning in Sudan where the christian animist minority is being either slaughtered, forcibly converted to islam or sold as slaves

One can wonder why East timor was luckier and allowed to declare independance??

KSO
04-02-2004, 05:27 AM
In the same subject, I reccomend to try and get the documentary film "S21: The Khmer Rouge Death Machine "
http://imdb.com/title/tt0368954/
A chilling film about the Cambodian holocaust, told by the victims and the criminals, just shows how easy it's to make people into Killing machines, what is shocking about this film is the fact that most of the soldiers of the khmer rouge didn't knew what and who they are fighting for, and the people they massacred was theyre own people.
don't know where to get the film, but the strongest film ive seen in a long time, somehow reminds Claude Lanzmans "Shoah" (but much shorter)