PDA

View Full Version : Israeli-Chinese relations, the cure to the America China conflict?

Cato
08-19-2005, 07:14 PM
America and China have been in a state of cold war ever since Moa Tse Tung took over power from the democratic government of China.

However a relatively recent development in China has drastically changed the situation.

The end of state controll of all economical and social things in China, and a recent rise in Chinese Capitalism, following a Chinese saying "To get riches is glorious".

American Businessess have been getting strong ties to China, and China is an important exporter to the United States and Importer to the United States.

Under those circumstances relationship between the two giants has gotten better but is still at a pathetic low.

I think that Israeli Chinese relations may be the answer to ending the conflict between America and China.

Third Parties often are very useful in dealing with conflicts, especially if the third party has important ties to both sides.

Israeli Chinese Relations have been pretty good in recent days, and the Chinese have shown nothing but signs that they want it to improve.

Israel should improve relations with China by increasing high tech exports (Naturally that ARE NOT weapons) to China.

That would get the Chinese to trust Israel as well as the United States which already trusts Israel (As much as anyone does).

So with both sides trusting Israel Israel can act as the perfect mediator, little so neither side feels threatened, stakes in keeping things nice for both sides, trusted by both sides, and able to be the bridge were the US could send grivences to China through and vice versa.

Naturally both sides need to want to end the standoff, and I think both the US and China both want to end it.

So what do you think is Israeli Chinese ties the secret sollution to the conflict between the United States and China?

Or do you think it is like everything else in the world, not as it seems?

Sihvyl
08-21-2005, 08:41 PM
I think it would be best for Israel to not pick up the U.S's bad habit of meddling in other people's affairs. I'd say that without affiliation to America, Israel will long outlast it, but it may be too late for that.

Just my $0.02 though, I could very well be wrong.

Truthful Mind
11-24-2005, 05:12 AM
I think when It gomes to dealing with China

there's always more going on than meets the eye.

Backwards
09-07-2010, 04:14 PM
I would have made a new thread on this but can't, so I'll just post it here in this semi-appropriate thread. I'm not even Jewish I just find this all interesting:

The Jewish People Policy Planning Institute has an article written about Chinese-Jewish relations, even if it's more about improving relations with Jews as a whole instead of just with Israel.

It's titled 'China and the Jewish People - Old Civilizations in a New Era' and you can download it here:
http://www.jpppi.org.il/JPPPI/Templates/showpage.asp?DBID=1&LNGID=1&TMID=84&FID=346

Direct link to PDF: http://www.jpppi.org.il/JPPPI/SendFile.asp?DBID=1&LNGID=1&GID=442
(if it doesn't open then rename it from 'China-ENG.pdf.zip' to 'China-ENG.pdf')

The foreword notes:

... this JPPPI paper is not simply about China’s emerging interest in the Middle East. It calls attention to the history of Jewish-Chinese relations. It observes that the Chinese reflect little or none of the traditional forms of anti-Semitism.

Ironically, it is Wald’s contention that as China opens more to the world and as trade tensions potentially increase, there is a risk that a resurgence of “the old canard of a Jewish world conspiracy” could seep into China. To date, it has not.
On the contrary, Wald notes that many Chinese often tend to see the Jews as a mirror of their own history, they admire Jewish wealth and successes, they respect the great contributions that Jews have made to Western civilization (citing most often Marx, Einstein, and Freud), and they perceive themselves and the Jews as representing the “two oldest living civilizations.”

What do Chinese people think of Jews?
The word 'Jews' in Chinese Traditional is "猶太人" and in Chinese Simplified it is: "犹太人".

If you run a Google search or even a Baidu.com (Chinese search engine) search for either of those terms, and translate the found pages to English, the results are interesting.

Plenty of websites come up with titles like "Why are Jews so smart?" "Jewish IQ high as Chinese IQ?" and even some websites selling books about Jewish learning and business success etc. whilst I couldn't find any "Jews killed Jesus" or any other religious nonsense. This all runs in contrast to the results you get if you Google for the Arabic word for 'Jews', no?

If the Chinese already have positive views of Jews and they remain untainted of the new and old forms of anti-Semitism couldn't this be a massive opportunity for Israel?

Backwards
09-13-2010, 01:39 PM
Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon and the governor of the Heilongjiang province in China signed an agreement to cooperate in the fields of technology and agriculture.

"Our countries' economies compliment one another. Israel has advanced technologies suited for China's budding market," Ayalon said. (Ronen Medzini)

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3953567,00.html