Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Bin Laden Dead?

ItsMyJewty

Is Bin Laden Dead?

Video: http://edition.cnn.com/video/player/....condition.cnn

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/eu...den/index.html

PARIS, France (CNN) -- Osama bin Laden has a water-borne illness, a Saudi intelligence source told CNN on Saturday, a report that conflicts with an article in a French newspaper saying that the al Qaeda leader is dead.

The Saudi intelligence source told CNN's Nic Robertson that there have been credible reports for the past several weeks that bin Laden is ill, but there has been no word of his death.

The questions came in response to the publication of a report in the French regional newspaper L'Est Republicain on Saturday. (Watch CNN's Nic Robertson reveal the latest intelligence on bin Laden's health -- 1:54)

The article cited a confidential French foreign intelligence document dated September 21 in which a source said the Saudis had received confirmation that bin Laden died of typhoid in Pakistan on August 23.

French President Jacques Chirac said on Saturday he would investigate the leak of the confidential documents, adding that the information in the documents has not been confirmed.

"I was rather surprised to see that a confidential note from the DGSE [General Directorate for External Security] was published and I have asked the minister of defense to start an investigation immediately and to reach whatever conclusions are necessary," Chirac said after meetings on trade with Russian President Vladimir Putin and German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Compiegne, France.

"Secondly, speaking of the source of the information itself, this information is in no way confirmed."

CNN terrorism analyst Peter Bergen said he was told bin Laden's immediate family had had no reports that the al Qaeda leader was dead.

Bergen said Jamal Khalifa, bin Laden's brother-in-law and best friend when they were students at the King Abdul Aziz University in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, told him he had heard nothing to confirm the report.

Batarfi remains in touch with bin Laden's immediate family in Jeddah, and said he spoke to some of them about the report but they said they have heard nothing to confirm it, said Bergen who noted that rumors of bin Laden's death circulate every few months.

Bergen, who once interviewed bin Laden, said he was skeptical of the suggestion that bin Laden might be dead, saying it was not something the Islamist Web sites would keep quiet about.

U.S. intelligence officials said Saturday they could not confirm the report suggesting that bin Laden might be dead, and White House spokesman Blair Jones added: "We have no confirmation of that report."

A senior administration official told CNN's John King that nobody he spoke to had any independent information on the report.

"The official stressed that they certainly have not developed any intelligence worthy of putting it on the president's desk," King said.

Journalist: Burial site hunted
    Laid Sammari, the journalist who wrote the article, told CNN in a telephone interview he was confident of the authenticity of the confidential document cited in his report.

He said the only thing the Saudis were trying to confirm was the burial place of the al Qaeda leader, before making an official announcement.

The report in L'Est Republicain said the Saudi secret service first got the reports of bin Laden's death on September 4.

Pakistani officials also said Saturday they have no information that confirms bin Laden's death. Friday, U.S. President George Bush and Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf said in a joint news conference that the hunt is still on for the leaders of al Qaeda.

The terror group was behind the September 11, 2001 attacks on the United States that killed nearly 3,000 people in New York, Pennsylvania and Washington.

The last message from bin Laden was an audiotaped post on an Islamic Web site on June 30. The CIA confirmed the voice giving the message was that of the al Qaeda leader.

In the message, bin Laden names Abu Hamza al-Mujaher as Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's successor as leader of al Qaeda in Iraq.

The last videotaped statement from bin Laden was aired on October 29, 2004 on Al Jazeera.

CNN Producers Katie Turner in London and Pam Benson in Washington D.C. contributed to this report

MrRight
    I seriously doubt he is dead

AnotherAlly
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRight View Post
    I seriously hope he is dead
    Fixed!

Ariksan
    Surely the French will be very interested to know if Bin Laden is ill. I'm positive they will be very forthcoming in offering him medical assistance in a nice hospital in Paris.

CanDo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariksan View Post
    Surely the French will be very interested to know if Bin Laden is ill. I'm positive they will be very forthcoming in offering him medical assistance in a nice hospital in Paris.
    Is it true that Jacques Chirac has been courting Suha Arafat?

There are also rumors that Jacques Chirac stood over Yasser Arafat's dying body with tears in his eyes. Jacques Chirac's last words to Yasser were: "You still haven't given me a kickback for October! You owe me for October! You can't die, sob, sob, sob!"

Muslima
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDo View Post
    Is it true that Jacques Chirac has been courting Suha Arafat?

There are also rumors that Jacques Chirac stood over Yasser Arafat's dying body with tears in his eyes. Jacques Chirac's last words to Yasser were: "You still haven't given me a kickback for October! You owe me for October! You can't die, sob, sob, sob!"
    I heard that Suha Arafat had got married???

As for Bin Laden, the latest Saudi intelligence reports say that, he is ill, and has no confirmation of death.

This was supposed to be a leaked report. It may even turn out to a false report.......time will tell.

CanDo
    Quote Originally Posted by Muslima View Post
    As for Bin Laden, the latest Saudi intelligence reports say that, he is ill, and has no confirmation of death.

This was supposed to be a leaked report. It may even turn out to a false report.......time will tell.
    I hope that Bin Laden's body slowly and painfully rots, for many months, while he hides in a dirty, rat infested cave.

I wonder if Bin Laden is trying to convert to Judaism so he can get the world's best medical care, which is in Israel?

Muslima
    I hope that Bin Laden's body slowly and painfully rots, for many months, while he hides in a dirty, rat infested cave.

I wonder if Bin Laden is trying to convert to Judaism so he can get the world's best medical care, which is in Israel?
    Well to be honest, we can't be sure if he is alive or not. There have been rumours of his death before. One shortly after 9.11, it turns out that he then needed dialysis regularly, and this cant be done without a proper clinic.

I find it hard to believe that elements within the CIA don't know where he is. It is impossible, and i dont for a minute believe that Pakistan's ISI dont know where he is either assuming he is alive.

CanDo
    Bin Laden probably gets plenty of help, in hiding, from radical locals throughout the mountainous region, and he has a lot of money, if he can get his hands on it.

Bin Laden's death would probably not have a big effect upon the war against terrorism. The sadistic, deranged violence that is being conducted in Iraq prove that there are plenty of other dangerous human monsters roaming this earth on two legs instead of four.

Muslima
    Bin Laden probably gets plenty of help, in hiding, from radical locals throughout the mountainous region, and he has a lot of money, if he can get his hands on it.

Bin Laden's death would probably not have a big effect upon the war against terrorism. The sadistic, deranged violence that is being conducted in Iraq prove that there are plenty of other dangerous human monsters roaming this earth on two legs instead of four.

Of course,

Whether he is dead or alive is irrelevant, just like Zarqawi dying didn't affect what is going on in Iraq one iota.

Illuminatus
    Bin Laden's death would probably not have a big effect upon the war against terrorism.
    I agree.

The Pentagon has long estimated a 2, maybe a three generation long war against the Salifism movement.

When the Islamic Ummah begin to glorify Muslim passenger jet designers, manufacturers, engineers and pilots instead of those who fly passenger jets into buildings filled with working moms and dads -- that's when the war will be over.

The death of some lonely, rich, mass-murderer hiding in caves - who was terrorized and running from Special Forces is a non-event.

^_^

Ariksan
    Did Arafat's death as a "martyr" have an effect on his terrorist followers? Of course it did. Why was the fact hidden that he died of Aids? There can't be a gay Arab leader. The whole Arafat mythos would have died. Same difference with Bin Laden - killed in a rat hole or Bin Laden killed by US special forces would make a huge difference. Rat hole = happens, small martyr - killed by the US = big martyr. Of course there will always be a succesor, no question about that. But surely it will make a difference.

It's a Zionist Conspiracy!!!!!
    Mil - stands for the countless MILlions of reasons not to work.

So the news said the French intelligence service said that the Saudi intelligence service had a tip from an unconfirmed source that he died. Ok.

Muslima
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocrates View Post
    So the news said the French intelligence service said that the Saudi intelligence service had a tip from an unconfirmed source that he died. Ok.

lol

Exactly,

how the hell did this get to be "news" in the first place? sheeeeeeeesh

Thread Information