A list of things Israel needs to Emphasize in the media (in shorthand, I hope you all get em):
On Israel's right to exist:
1. The area was known as Judea to the Romans. They changed the name to "Palestine" After great Revolt.
2. Never was a "Palestinian" State on all the Judea...a mixed history of rulers...most of them NOT Arab.
3. Balfour Declaration and UN Plan...Israel was attacked, and not helped much, either.
4. While some displacement of Judean Arabs did occur, the bottom line is that there are 22 Arab Countries, occupying 99% of the middle east...but only ONE Jewish State.
5. Given everything that has happened to the Jews, they deserve ONE LITTLE state in light of the Arabs 22 HUGE states.
On the Palestinian's "Right to Resist Occupation."
1. First, What about Jordan's "occupation" between 48 and 67.
2. Second, no divine right to land.
3. Not "generational land." Population numbers show that the area was sparsely populated (and remember, by more than Arabs, too) until the Zionist movement when growth occurs.
4. The idea of a Palestinian "Ethnicity" is a lie. Just Arabs of a certain region. NO historic ethnicity, various tribes, many closer to arabs in Jordan, Syria and Lebanon than to others in West Bank. This has been admitted by PLO members.
On Arafat and the PA's trustworthiness etc.
1. How many last chances does this guy get?
2. Oslo WAS an interim state...blew money for education, infrastructure on corruption and terror. They HAD "hope," heck, Clinton visited them and they were offered almost everything they wanted. Didn't keep any of their promises.
3. PA groups have "Palestine" encompassing ALL OF ISRAEL -- ON THEIR SYMBOLS. Also Arafat's Kafiye, PA schoolbooks, etc. Even the flag (that triangle - hmm... what does that kinda look like...)
4. Have been shown to by lying many times...trojan horse statement...plan of phases...massacres that didn't happen, staged funerals, Karine A etc. One thing in Arabic, opposite in English.
5. Arafat's terrorist history, including murdering US diplomat.
6. Arafat siding with Sadaam.
7. Revolving door prisons.
8. Martyr culture. Arafat's payments to "martyr" families.
On Israeli self defense:
1. Is screening at an airport "collective punishment" - Checkpoints are just airpoint screen on a bigger scale, NECESSITATED BY ARAB TERRORISM.
2. Killing people who blow up civilians isn't "assasination."
3. Stones can kill, knives can kill, Israelis fire rubber bullets to defend themselves...rubber bullets can kill, too.