Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Olmert calls on Siniora to make peace

sharonbn

Olmert calls on Siniora to make peace

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert opened the Knesset winter session Monday evening by calling on Lebanese Prime Minister Fouad Siniora to meet with him and negotiate for peace. He also said that Israel wanted to make peace with Syria, but that the country would not be able to talk with a pro-terror leader like President Bashar Assad. Olmert stated that he intends to utilize every possible opportunity for real negotiations with the Palestinians.

Commenting on the Lebanese issue, Olmert said: "I wish to take this opportunity and call on the Lebanese prime minister to meet with me directly in order to make peace between Israel and Lebanon. I know that he is under a lot of pressure from home and from the outside. Israel can be a natural, serious partner for a peace-seeking country like Lebanon."

According to the prime minister, "the campaign in Lebanon has ended and its consequences have influenced the entire region. We are drawing lessons and facing the shortcomings that have been revealed during the war. It's important to make clear that this has been a vital campaign. We have gained some significant achievements in this campaign."

The PM called on the Palestinians to resume negotiations, saying: "We have no intention to govern over another people," he said. Olmert also stated his intentions to change the governmental system and establish a constitution for Israel.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...315675,00.html

KettleWhistle
    A big WHATEVER.

Olmert will say anything to save his a$$. It is futile, however. He is finished.
    "It is cheap to attack Israel. I am certainly not going to make a cheap attack on Israel by howling in the woods with the rest of the wolves." - Geert Wilders

KettleWhistle
    What he said didn't need to be said. It is well known that Israel wants a peace treaty with Lebanon. It is well known that Lebanese can't/don't want/disinterested. So he's just mouthing off. Who cares?

Of course everyone knows it but he is playing up to the so-called "peaceniks" b/c the right has woken up to his game ages ago. Look Sharon was so excited about this speech she posted a new thread about it. Don't forget he is all over this Lieberman plan too. Anything to get the public's mind off his incompetence during the war.
    "It is cheap to attack Israel. I am certainly not going to make a cheap attack on Israel by howling in the woods with the rest of the wolves." - Geert Wilders

HaTzEl
    Quote Originally Posted by Yala View Post
    Of course everyone knows it
    Exept europeans...

Hassan_Pal
    I hate Olmert. He kills thousands Lebanese people for nothing... PEACE? never?

There is nothing too talk about.

HaTzEl
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassan_Pal View Post
    I hate Olmert. He kills thousands Lebanese people for nothing... PEACE? never?

There is nothing too talk about.
    It's all guilt of hezbollah.

Hassan_Pal
    Yes of course. It´s always the others fault...thats typical jewish. Always blame the others. Israel is a perverted structure and i´m happy too see it go down.

Yes of course. It´s always the others fault...thats typical jewish. Always blame the others.
    Consider yourself officially warned for this anti-Semitic remark. If it turns into a repeating pattern, I will have no choice but to request that you be banned.

Israel is a perverted structure and i´m happy too see it go down.
    Poor Hassan, you will never be happy...
    “This is a reality but I won’t deal with it in terms of recognizing or admitting it.”

Khaled Mashaal, Hamas leader

HaTzEl
    Yes of course. It´s always the others fault...
    Didn't hezbollah kidnapped and killed israeli soldiers?

thats typical jewish.
    Not worthy of answer...

Hassan_Pal
    hezbollah had evry right too take that 2 terroristic occupiers in prison.

HaTzEl
    hezbollah had evry right too take that 2 terroristic occupiers in prison.
    They have committed an action of war, and I agree with the Israeli answer. (but obviously I'm afraid for all innocent Lebanese victims of the war)

Hezbollah have no one right to attack Israel.

Hassan_Pal
    If you say so...it must be true...

I´m happy of the result of the "war". israel lost, is depressed. Both terrorists are still away and hezbollah is stronger than before. If i wouldnt know better, i would think, Olmert is member of hezbollah

Lebanese are living in rubble and Palestinians are all going hungry. Good luck with that. Now go burn a flag or something.

Thread Information