Thread: well Israeli forces will be reducing their presence in Palestininas cities

alexbmn

well Israeli forces will be reducing their presence in Palestininas cities

and there's no doubt in my mind that the Palestinians will thank them with a new deadly campaign of suicide bombings.Israel was finally implementing a campaign that seemed to virtually halt terror but no, they have to "reduce the strain on the average Palestinian" who supports suicide bombings.I guess the army prefers exposions in Israeli cities rather then in Palestinian.

ibrodsky

Re: well Israeli forces will be reducing their presence in Palestininas cities

Originally posted by alexbmn
    and there's no doubt in my mind that the Palestinians will thank them with a new deadly campaign of suicide bombings.Israel was finally implementing a campaign that seemed to virtually halt terror but no, they have to "reduce the strain on the average Palestinian" who supports suicide bombings.I guess the army prefers exposions in Israeli cities rather then in Palestinian.
    I understand your feelings, but consider the following:

1. Israel needs to show the average Palestinian that their suffering is the result of the terrorists in their own culture. This helps Israel recruit Palestinian spies and contributes to the development of a democratic (or at least some kind of ) opposition.

2. Military actions have to be justified to the Israeli public and rest of the world. Let the Palestinian terrorists be the ones to provide the excuse for the next step. Ultimately, Israel is going to have to either expel them or root out every armed Palestinian. That will take more aggressive action.

Personally, I think Israel should expel Palestinians from all major West Bank cities into either Gaza or Lebanon. Let the Arabs and world complain. It looks like very little terrorism is coming from Gaza, because it is fenced and easier to patrol.

If the US is going to have any hope of winning the War On Terrorism, the US or Israel (or both) will need to crush Hezbollah. This Iranian-sponsored group is as Islamist-Nazi as they get.

Moon

Re: Re: well Israeli forces will be reducing their presence in Palestininas cities

Originally posted by ibrodsky

2. Military actions have to be justified to the Israeli public and rest of the world. Let the Palestinian terrorists be the ones to provide the excuse for the next step. Ultimately, Israel is going to have to either expel them or root out every armed Palestinian. That will take more aggressive action.
    How many excuses have they provided to this date? 500 nearly 600 Israeli dead and thousands mentally and physically traumatised, fearing to step out of the door. Sure, the IDF would have to get out some day, but Sharon's "as long as necessary" seems too damn short for me. If Israel needs an excuse for something, the Palestinians will provide it as usual. But if the IDF's presence is having a good effect, let it be longer so that the Israeli population "take a break", rest for a while or at least recover psychologicaly from the weekly terror attacks.

Is there a psychiatrist in the house?
    Last edited by Moon; 07-14-2002 at 04:38 AM.

Philip
    The main reason that Israel is removing its armed forces is that the economic cost is too high.

ibrodsky
    Originally posted by Philip
    The main reason that Israel is removing its armed forces is that the economic cost is too high.
    No economic cost is too high to save Israeli children from savage murderers.

Originally posted by Philip
    supposition?

Thread Information