Thread: First Muslim Senator

andak01

First Muslim Senator

Keith Ellison of Minn. I'm not clear if he is Muslim or Nation of Islam. If he's NOI, I wouldn't claim him and hope he comes to his senses. The only thing they share with us is the Quran.

That's a good example of democracy (partly) in America.
    So, what about first black president?

minusthejihad
    Quote Originally Posted by andak01 View Post
    Keith Ellison of Minn. I'm not clear if he is Muslim or Nation of Islam. If he's NOI, I wouldn't claim him and hope he comes to his senses. The only thing they share with us is the Quran.
    Funny that he beat a Republican Jew for office. LOL! There's tons of those running around. Not!

But actually, so far he seems pretty level headed:

http://njdc.typepad.com/njdcs_blog/2...alls_on_a.html

"Keith Ellison on Issues of Importance to the Jewish Community

Keith Ellison has received the endorsement of the American Jewish World, Minneapolis' largest Jewish newspaper, as well as the endorsements of countless Jewish activists and Jewish elected officials from around the country.

In it's endorsement of Ellison, the AJW wrote:

“… Ellison acted as the lawyer for the House DFL caucus in an ethics proceeding against former representative Arlon Lindner, who contended that gays were not victims of Nazi oppression in the Holocaust. Ellison understands the importance of guarding against Holocaust denial and revisionism, and links the lessons of the Shoah to more recent cases of genocide in Rwanda and Darfur. Further, he supports the State of Israel and the continuation of U.S. aid to Israel. He holds to the mainstream position of a negotiated two-state solution regarding the long-standing Israeli-Palestinian conflict.”

“We all know that nobody is perfect and no political candidate is without shortcomings. We are now in Elul, the last month of the Hebrew year and the month preceding Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur… During this period of heightened spirituality, we find ourselves considering the choices before us as citizens of a free nation. We cannot take our civil liberties for granted, especially in the face of well-reported government actions to curb our constitutional rights and consolidate political power. In the trying times ahead, we will need courageous political leadership and we must hold our elected representatives accountable.

“We think that Keith Ellison has the attributes to be a dynamic and effective representative in Congress. In Ellison, we have a moderate Muslim who extends his hand in friendship to the Jewish community and supports the security of the State of Israel. He is a person with a vision of a more humane and equitable society and he is the candidate we favor in the Fifth District DFL election.” (September 1, 2006)

Ellison on Hamas and Terrorism: "… Hamas represents the greatest obstacle to [peace between Israel and in the Middle East], and… [U]ntil Hamas denounces terrorism, recognizes the absolute right of Israel to exist peacefully and honors past agreements, it cannot be considered legitimate partners in this process… Terrorism is the greatest impediment to peace. At this point the Palestinian Authority (PA) has yet to dismantle the terrorist infrastructure in Gaza and the West Bank. The United States cannot support any government that condones or embraces terrorism." (http://www.keithellison.org/issues-israel.htm)

Ellison on Iran: "The other serious threat to the security of the region is Iran's pursuit of nuclear weapons. This must be stopped. A nuclear-armed Iran would upset the strategic balance in the region and pose a clear threat to world peace. Iran's sponsorship of international terrorism as well as financial aid to terrorist organizations endangers peace around the globe." (http://www.keithellison.org/issues-israel.htm)

Ellison on Peace in the Middle East: "The United States should encourage dialogue with peaceful Palestinian leaders that recognize Israel, condemn terrorism, and honor past accords… Only with a democratic Palestinian state alongside a secure Israel can the safety of the entire region be assured." (http://www.keithellison.org/issues-israel.htm)

Ellison on the Nation of Islam and anti-Semitism: "I reject and condemn the anti-Semitic statements and actions of the Nation of Islam, Louis Farrakhan, and Khalid Muhammed." (Letter to Minnesota and the Dakotas JCRC Executive Director Steven Silberfarb, May 28, 2006)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by serdar View Post

That was Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocrates View Post
    That was Clinton.
    i tought he is ladino; isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by serdar View Post
    There'll be no peace until a one legged lesbian inuit wiccan dwarf sits in the oval office.
    As a youth I used to weep in butcher's shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    There'll be no peace until a one legged lesbian inuit wiccan dwarf sits in the oval office.
    black president is more realistic

spike
    Quote Originally Posted by andak01 View Post
    Ellison is a former NOI spokesman: http://www.corruptionchronicles.com/...ts_muslim.html

November 08, 2006
    Congress Gets Muslim

The first Muslim elected to the United States Congress is a Democrat from Minneapolis with ties to an Islamic group that supports terrorism and a radical cult whose leader says God will destroy the entire white race and establish a paradise nation ruled by blacks.

Minnesota’s new Representative in the House, Keith Ellison, was endorsed and partly financed by the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), a massive U.S.-based organization that avidly defends Osama bin Laden and other militant Islamic terrorists and considers U.S. action against terrorists anti-Islamic. In fact, the group demanded the removal of a Los Angeles billboard describing bin Laden as “the sworn enemy” because it was “offensive to Muslims.”

Ellison, who converted to Islam as a 19-year-old college student, also has strong ties to the Nation of Islam, the black cult led by renowned anti-Christian and anti-Semite Louis Farrakhan. The group’s doctrine states that black people created white people in a genetic experiment 6,000 years ago and that “Judgment Day” means that the Gods will destroy the entire white race (devils) and establish a paradise nation ruled forever by blacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post

I once had a boss who was

Female
    Black
    Gay
    Veteran
    Handicapped

We often wondered why she came to work as there was nothing anyone could do to her.

Awwww wada combination.
    Are there:
    -black asian
    -blue japanese eyed
    -blond hair
    women in the states?

Illuminatus
    House Representative Keith Ellison serving the 5th District of the state of Minnesota has proven alot of people wrong.

http://ellison.house.gov/

He was born and raised a Roman Catholic. At age 19 and while attending Wayne State University in Detroit, Ellison converted to Sunni Islam.

I consider his time with the racist organization called the Nation of Islam as a foolish youthful indiscretion that most can and should forgive.

While I disagree with his "tax and spend" philosophy when he was a state representative (that's something for his constituents of his district to content with) I do however agree with his social and moral policies that are pretty much at odds with his fellow democrats.

Where I agree:

1) Rep. Ellison in clear and in unambiguous language, supports of the sovereign right of the State of Israel to exist, succeed and prosper.

2) He blames the mass-murders at the Twin Towers in New York City, not on "your policies" but on the terrorist. He also does not blame Bush for the 300 year old cultural, poverty and economic decline of Islam (a notion that has become very popular with today's Arabists) "the problem lies within" .

3) He identifies the Islamic Republic of Iran as a leading sponsor of international terrorism.

Interesting enough, Rep. Ellison took his oath of office using a two volume Quran published in London in 1764 that was once owned by Thomas Jefferson and loaned to Ellison by "the rare book and special collections division at the Library of Congress".

The reason why Thomas Jefferson owned a Quran was the same reason why the Quran became a best seller in the days after 9/11.

Jefferson had sent a naval fleet loaded with marines to hunt down, engage and destroy the ships and ports of the Barbary States of North Africa. Jefferson believed he could best understand the enemy by understanding the Holy Quran. How ironic that Rep. Ellison would use that very same Quran.

Defeat of Islamo-terrorism in our current times will definitely take 2 or 3 generations and, it will take one Muslim (like Rep. Ellison) at a time to realize that terrorism will never prevail over liberal and representative democracies.

Overall I think we can consider the Honorable Rep. Keith Ellison (D), "with us" and not "against us".

^_^

Gunther
    We often wondered why she came to work as there was nothing anyone could do to her.
    If I was her I would want to get fired so I could sue.

Thread Information