Thread: Suggestion to Moderators.....

orangeblossom

Thumbs up Suggestion to Moderators.....

As you know, I am lebanese coming here to your forum. It has been an interesting one. Apparantly, when I first came on here, I had the 'Peace' saved in my favoirtes and just busily typed in my posts. After you moved some of my posts, I realized....that they were moved appropriately.

With that said, Lebanese do come here...and because our two countries are intertangled with HA and other politics...I suggest that you open a section on Lebanese politics for us, that way it doesn't get lost in Israeli politics, pal politics, etc.

I am trying to figure out the best place to put info about the Lebanese Tribunal today..and should it go into Israeli politics, or Arab-Israeli, or what? We consider ourselves, Lebanese, not Arab.

Bare in mind, that we all know this is an Israeli forum....but we read your news as well. AND, I think that this is a simple but great form of communication. It will also let ppl know more about Lebanese, in where perhaps walls can be brought down. Many here & other Lebanese, believe that Israeli and Lebanon would be a good thing together.

The section can be titled, : "News from Lebanon," or "Lebanese Opinions," or "lebanese-Israeli conflict," or whatever.

This way, it organizes it good for you & makes things easier for us to post.

Thanks for ur considersation....OB.

orangeblossom

P.s.....

Do you think we can also create avatars here as well? They are kinda coooool!

OB.

Quote Originally Posted by orangeblossom View Post
    As you know, I am lebanese coming here to your forum. It has been an interesting one. Apparantly, when I first came on here, I had the 'Peace' saved in my favoirtes and just busily typed in my posts. After you moved some of my posts, I realized....that they were moved appropriately.

With that said, Lebanese do come here...and because our two countries are intertangled with HA and other politics...I suggest that you open a section on Lebanese politics for us, that way it doesn't get lost in Israeli politics, pal politics, etc.

I am trying to figure out the best place to put info about the Lebanese Tribunal today..and should it go into Israeli politics, or Arab-Israeli, or what? We consider ourselves, Lebanese, not Arab.

Bare in mind, that we all know this is an Israeli forum....but we read your news as well. AND, I think that this is a simple but great form of communication. It will also let ppl know more about Lebanese, in where perhaps walls can be brought down. Many here & other Lebanese, believe that Israeli and Lebanon would be a good thing together.

The section can be titled, : "News from Lebanon," or "Lebanese Opinions," or "lebanese-Israeli conflict," or whatever.

This way, it organizes it good for you & makes things easier for us to post.

Thanks for ur considersation....OB.
    A few months ago, I had a discussion in a Lebanese forum, the Orange Room. I was impressed with people's candor there and I would say that considering my avatar was the Israeli flag and I voiced my usual pro-Israel opinions, the responses from the members were very civilized. It was a positive experience overall. The Lebanese forum had the highest quality discussion among the Arab/Muslim forums I've seen previously (though admittedly only a handful for lack of time).

I would be open to having a Lebanese-Israeli Issues section. I wonder if we have enough Lebanese visitors to make such a section here active?

orangeblossom

I think we dooo.

Thanks for replying....

Yes, I believe there are quite a few Lebanese, if not more - who perhaps don't post - that come here. A couple of them were from the LF forum....and one is Aounie. And, then there are those, who don't claim themselves.

Maybe there is not enough...I can't tell. Perhaps only I will be posting. But, remember I post only to let you know what is happening to the north of you, that you don't get in the papers or media - when I get the time. And....I do throw in my opinion.....I am guilty on that. But at least I'm on the side of freedom and equality for all.

Look, I know that there are Israelis that hate ME! But, I also realize that they are few. The same goes for Lebanese. Most of them are quite sick of war, etc. Look, just in the last lebanese dailies, there was a poll....most want dialogue, not war. This goes to show, that they do not want to fight anymore. As for my generation...we are done with it, even though we still have that war mentality. All we want...is to go home. And, we would like to visit Israel one day. Right now, if our passports are stamped, we are traitors in Lebanon. Can't take that chance.

Also, Miss Lebanon & Miss Israeli were/are friends....from what I hear. There have been lovers sending messages across the borders, etc. Remember the pigeon story?

But, I believe from reading the threads...we have issues on "iraq," "arab-israelis conflict," etc. These are all distinguished. But, there is nothing for Lebanese. We are not arab, we are not pals, we are the paris of the middle east. The door in where east meets west. Even our Arabic dialect is completely different from other arabs. And I don't want to posts things where they do not belong.

Remember, we are the very same type who have beautiful beaches, with bikinis, surfers, etc...just like Israel does. We both have great cities of old. Our history is intertwine with the building of Solomon's Temple to Ha's conflict with you. We are different people....but we share a lot.

Again, I appreciate the consideration. And let's try for those avatars....I like how they show a bit of the person's personality. I just love it.

orangeblossom

P.s....

You stated you went to the "Orangeroom." To be honest, I can't stand them...they are the ones who are now pro-syrian and side with Hezbollah. I am rather surprised that they treated you nicely.....but, in a way, they have no reason not to.

But, I am curious as to how the Lebanese Forces Forum room would treat you. Can you go there and post a few things for me, with your Israeli flag avatar? And, if they give you a hard time....I would like to BRING THAT to their attention.

Because one time, they brought up a petition for Israel to pay for the damages from the summer war, and I slammed them on it....after that, they stop going for the petition...

By the way....I am a LF....so I have the right to slam them. HAHHAHAH

After this one....we will drop in on the Furture room. This would be a nice experiment to actually see how people stand in lebanon. And I look forward to seeing it.

Here is the address:

http://lebforces.org/

thanks again...OB......and you can even PM me in that forum, letting me know who came there.

Stella
    Quote Originally Posted by NewsGuy View Post
    A few months ago, I had a discussion in a Lebanese forum, the Orange Room. I was impressed with people's candor there and I would say that considering my avatar was the Israeli flag and I voiced my usual pro-Israel opinions, the responses from the members were very civilized. It was a positive experience overall. The Lebanese forum had the highest quality discussion among the Arab/Muslim forums I've seen previously (though admittedly only a handful for lack of time).

I would be open to having a Lebanese-Israeli Issues section. I wonder if we have enough Lebanese visitors to make such a section here active?

NewsGuy!!!!!!! I remember you, and I always said its important to have Israeli opinions as well, many are interested in a dialogue with you.
    But you dont post too often in the Orange Room, right? Anyway you are always welcomed.

If you guys happen to open a Lebanese section, I would be interested too, if you dont mind that I am not Lebanese.

OB,

You are also welcomed in the Orange Room, take a visit, engage into dialogue maybe you change your mind about "not standing them".
    I can assure you there are many brilliant, wonderful people.
    But please spare your propaganda about FPM being pro-Syrian.

TRK

Thumbs up lebanese/israeli

HEY.... concerning the lebanese section, i would love to see it happen,,,, i am LEBANESE and i trully beleive that in order for my country to grow; war and conflicts in the region should end,,,, i truly hope to understand the israeli point of view concerning what happened this summer, i beleive in peace, war has affected the lifes of so many people, destroyed so many homes and killed so many innocent souls only to acheive more kaos and a mess that would take ages to be cleened,,, the threat of war is not over, many think that 2007 will whitness a more brutal war,,, do u (israeli's) think that it has to be done and cannot be avoided???

KettleWhistle
    Quote Originally Posted by TRK View Post
    the threat of war is not over, many think that 2007 will whitness a more brutal war,,, do u (israeli's) think that it has to be done and cannot be avoided???
    You can my answer here: http://www.israelforum.com/board/sho...938#post238938

Thread Information