11. The Lord spoke to Moses, saying:
12. "When you take the sum of the children of Israel according to their numbers, let each one give to the Lord an atonement for his soul when they are counted; then there will be no plague among them when they are counted.
13. This they shall give, everyone who goes through the counting: half a shekel according to the holy shekel. Twenty gerahs equal one shekel; half of [such] a shekel shall be an offering to the Lord.
14. Everyone who goes through the counting, from the age of twenty and upward, shall give an offering to the Lord.
15. The rich shall give no more, and the poor shall give no less than half a shekel, with which to give the offering to the Lord, to atone for your souls.
16. You shall take the silver of the atonements from the children of Israel and use it for the work of the Tent of Meeting; it shall be a remembrance for the children of Israel before the Lord, to atone for your souls." 17. The Lord spoke to Moses, saying:
18. "You shall make a washstand of copper and its base of copper for washing, and you shall place it between the Tent of Meeting and the altar, and you shall put water therein.
19. Aaron and his sons shall wash their hands and feet from it.
20. When they enter the Tent of Meeting, they shall wash with water so that they will not die; or when they approach the altar to serve, to make a fire offering rise up in smoke to the Lord,
21. they shall wash their hands and feet so that they will not die; this shall be for them a perpetual statute, for him and for his descendants, for their generations." 22. The Lord spoke to Moses, saying:
23. "And you, take for yourself spices of the finest sort: of pure myrrh five hundred [shekel weights]; of fragrant cinnamon half of it two hundred and fifty [shekel weights]; of fragrant cane two hundred and fifty [shekel weights],
24. and of cassia five hundred [shekel weights] according to the holy shekel, and one hin of olive oil.
25. You shall make this into an oil of holy anoinment, a perfumed compound according to the art of a perfumer; it shall be an oil of holy anointment.
26. And you shall anoint with it the Tent of Meeting and the Ark of Testimony, 27. the table and all its implements, the menorah and its implements, the altar of incense, 28. the altar of the burnt offering and all its implements, the washstand and its base.
29. And you shall sanctify them so that they become a holy of holies; whatever touches them shall become holy. 30. And with it you shall anoint Aaron and his sons and sanctify them to serve Me [as kohanim].
31. And to the children of Israel you shall speak, saying: 'This shall be oil of holy anointment to Me for your generations.
32. It shall not be poured upon human flesh, and according to its formula you shall not make anything like it. It is holy; it shall be holy to you.
33. Any person who compounds anything like it or puts any of it on an alien shall be cut off from his people.' "
34. And the Lord said to Moses: "Take for yourself aromatics, [namely] balsam sap, onycha and galbanum, aromatics and pure frankincense; they shall be of equal weight.
35. And you shall make it into incense, a compound according to the art of the perfumer, well blended, pure, holy.
36. And you shall crush some of it very finely, and you shall set some of it before the testimony in the Tent of Meeting, where I will arrange meetings with you; it shall be to you a holy of holies.
37. And the incense that you make, you shall not make for yourselves according to its formula; it shall be holy to you for the Lord.
38. Any person who makes anything like it, to smell it[s fragrance], shall be cut off from his people.
1. The Lord spoke to Moses, saying:
2. "See, I have called by name Bezalel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah,
3. and I have imbued him with the spirit of God, with wisdom, with insight, with knowledge, and with [talent for] all manner of craftsmanship
4. to do master weaving, to work with gold, with silver, and with copper,
5. with the craft of stones for setting and with the craft of wood, to do every [manner of] work.
6. And, behold, with him I have placed Oholiab the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan, and all the wise hearted into whose hearts I have instilled wisdom, and they shall make everything I have commanded you:
7. The Tent of Meeting and the ark for the testimony, as well as the cover that [shall be] upon it, all the implements of the tent,
8. the table and its implements, the pure menorah and all its implements, the altar of incense, 9. the altar for the burnt offering and all its implements, the washstand and its base,
10. the meshwork garments, the holy garments for Aaron the kohen, the garments of his sons [in which] to serve [as kohanim],
11. the anointing oil and the incense for the Holy; in complete accordance with everything I have commanded you they shall do." 12. The Lord spoke to Moses, saying:
13. "And you, speak to the children of Israel and say: 'Only keep My Sabbaths! For it is a sign between Me and you for your generations, to know that I, the Lord, make you holy.
14. Therefore, keep the Sabbath, for it is a sacred thing for you. Those who desecrate it shall be put to death, for whoever performs work on it, that soul will be cut off from the midst of its people.
15. Six days work may be done, but on the seventh day is a Sabbath of complete rest, holy to the Lord; whoever performs work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.' 16. Thus shall the children of Israel observe the Sabbath, to make the Sabbath throughout their generations as an everlasting covenant.
17. Between Me and the children of Israel, it is forever a sign that [in] six days The Lord created the heaven and the earth, and on the seventh day He ceased and rested."