Thread: The Video of Stoning: 17 year old Kurdish girl stoned to death in Kurdistan of Iraq

Hybrid View

Elin

The Video of Stoning: 17 year old Kurdish girl stoned to death in Kurdistan of Iraq

Elin
    According to this link, the girl DOA was Yezidi and she wanted to marry a sunni muslim boy.

http://scenews.blog.com/1725240/

Sunday, April 29, 2007

17 year old Kurdish girl stoned to death in Kurdistan of Iraq

According to report by Human Rights Organization of Kurdistan a 17 year old Kurdish girl named DOA (name translation: prayer) was publicly stoned to death in the Kurdistan province of Iraq . Doa was born to a Yazidi sect which is a religious minority of the Kurds. Doa was in a relationship with a Sunni Muslim boy that she wanted to marry.

At a tribal court, Doa was sentenced to death by stoning. This gruesome act was filmed but due to the extremely graphic nature of this film it is not being posted.

Stop Child Execution Campaign strongly condemn such inhumane practices and requests Government of Iraq, United States, United Nations, other governments, human rights organizations and media to demand an international inquiry to this crime against a young child and to hold those responsible accountable for this crime.

Petition Regarding DOA
    Last edited by Elin; 06-24-2007 at 06:23 AM.

Elin
    Some try to get their mobile phones in that poor girl's face to film her wounds.

Out of respect to her,i will only say may she rest in peace.

andak01
    First of all, may she rest in peace. People wronged in this life have an easier time in the next one. She committed no sin.

Second, I watched the film and it wasn't a stoning. She was beaten, possibly to death before she was killed by a rock. In a Sharia stoning, she would have been buried to her neck and probably knocked unconcious relatively soon. This was in fact much more brutal than a stoning. Shame on those people. I hope there are arrests and hanging for the guilty ones.

Chemical Ali to hang! Yayy!

Justcurious
    Barbaric and uncivilized. Anyone carrying out this deed, filming and showing the film has to consider the "benefits", if any.

Parsi

Real Islam in action

There is absolutely no dispute over the authenticity of stoning in Islam. This act alone would be enough for me to reject the entire ideology of Islam.

While many Muslims including our friend Andak condemn such actions, one mustn't forget that, these action are the result of Mohammed's teachings. With all the due respect, I'd say shame on whoever brought this religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Parsi View Post
    There is absolutely no dispute over the authenticity of stoning in Islam. This act alone would be enough for me to reject the entire ideology of Islam.

While many Muslims including our friend Andak condemn such actions, one mustn't forget that, these action are the result of Mohammed's teachings. With all the due respect, I'd say shame on whoever brought this religion.
    Were you raised Muslim?
    "It is cheap to attack Israel. I am certainly not going to make a cheap attack on Israel by howling in the woods with the rest of the wolves." - Geert Wilders

This is very disturbing.

Elin
    If you want to learn the true islam read Mevlana,Yunus Emre,Asik Veysel,Pir Sultan Abdal...

andak01
    As I say, it doesn't matter that this girl was killed for consorting WITH a Muslim, that this was an anti-Muslim hate crime of the most brutal variety. That simply doesn't matter on this forum.

So, not only does the girl get beaten to death for daring to want to marry a Muslim, in what can only be described as an honor killing, but Islam gets blamed as the cause by a crowd here that is only a heartbeat away from justifying public beatings for any Muslim.

Vitnir
    ^^^ Problem is, in Islamic law it's all "Guilty until found innocent" and we all know how easy that is to prove. All these pseudo-courts have interest in finding people guilty, usually the weak and defenseless. Their interest must be sheer blood lust.

Quote Originally Posted by Justcurious View Post
    Barbaric and uncivilized.
    And brutal, inhumane and dumb. This is what happens when you choose to shut yourself out on western civilization. Heck, 2000 years ago Europeans might have done it themselves, but westerners have evolved while these folks only seem to go backwards and insisting on it so badly.
    A caveman with a cellphone is still a caveman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitnir View Post
    And brutal, inhumane and dumb. This is what happens when you choose to shut yourself out on western civilization. Heck, 2000 years ago Europeans might have done it themselves,
    LoL, try 60 or 70.

andak01
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitnir View Post
    ^^^ Problem is, in Islamic law it's all "Guilty until found innocent" and we all know how easy that is to prove. All these pseudo-courts have interest in finding people guilty, usually the weak and defenseless. Their interest must be sheer blood lust.
    I agree that is the problem with Islamic courts, not Islamic law. Many of the people punished with extreme punishments would not be if the letter of Sharia law was actually applied. I have yet to find a single case of someone sentenced to be stoned where the requisite witnesses were found, and I have almost never seen men or the wealthy punished anywhere near as severely as women and the impoverished. I would say then that the motive is not blood lust, but political terrorism. It certainly isn't Sharia itself. And you'd have the same issue if it was a Christian like Savanarola running things as with these Zealots.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girolamo_Savonarola

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zealots

Thread Information