Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 50 Responses to criticisms of Israel

Re: 50 Responses to criticisms of Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Fotismos View Post
    It seemed to me like a joke, but I`m not sure I understand it correctly.

But coming back to the topic.
    Are there in US similar demonstrations, like this in Poland, in support of Israel?

Here in Poland, we have both in favour and against.
    Yes, we have had very large pro-Israel rallies in every major city. NY and LA had 10k+. The media doesn't cover these much.

Posted by hope:

i have decided to write after watching 17 days go by without a hope in sight for the people in gaza....it is a shame a disgrace to be a human being in this time and era....i am a mother of two and the image of the 8 year old boy that has lost his sight has not left my mind

There are parents on this forum as well.

i still dont understand how a country can be based on a religion...

? You mean Saudi Arabia? I also don't understand how such countries can exist.

a religion written hundreds of years ago that promised a land to a sect of people...

If you are talking about the Jews then it was thousands of years ago. But it's very nice calling my people a sect. I am personally an ethnic Jew.
    I think you are sect - there...

so should all the christians from all around the world bundle up and live in the usa...would that ever be allowed??

Why not Australia or Tanzania? Or lets force all Christians to Sweden where they'll build their churches among the beautiful fjords.

judiasm is a religion ...jews already had nationalities to begin with...they had homes and lives

Jews and Judaism are TWO different things. I, personally, know little about Judaism. You Christians and Muslims know more then I do about my supposed religion.
    There are Jews, for example, who believe in Jesus-the-Great, Bhudda and even Allah-the-Green.

If you are questioning my existence then I then should be able to question yours. Fair?

but were all called to come and live on the promised land

Not really. After 2000 of racism, violence, pogroms and ethnic prosecution, including the Holocaust (when half of my ethnic group was killed for belonging to a specific ethnic group ) sort of forced us into this. Not fair? Of course I agree the world should have given us Australia or Switzerland but unfortunately they gave us a cr**p-hole which does not even have any oil.

on top of a demolished palestinian home and life

Feel so bad about refugees? Poles and Russians cleansed 12,000,000 Germans in a matter of a year 60 years ago. You should take on a different cause. I can give you millions of similar causes including quite a few in Africa.

it is bewildering to see the world act so different to the same acts made by different countries...

Doesn't it make you mad!!!!

isreal goes insane over 1 hostage when she has 11,000 hostages....destroys lebanon and kills hundreds for the kidnapping of 3...massacres 900 people and injurs 4000 in gaza for a couple of rockets that have injured a few at their end.

Israel fought FIVE Conventional Wars and innumerous low-intensity fighting with the Arabs for the last 60 years. The amount of firepower was involved in 1973 alone was bigger then in all the days at Stalingrad - all 180 month of it (if you know what it is). You do the math. But I guess, in your mind, Israel should be okay with small losses when there are much bigger things involved.... quite a mother you are.

is a very proud palestinian....i truly can say that the world has created a new generation of palestinians and arabs that have no interest in peace....palestine should be solely for the palestinian people that have endured years of injustice and should be ethnically cleansed of isrealis that have for years punished us for the holocaust....just a reminder...hitler did it not us....long live palestine

Ah - you are a Palestinian!!! Cool!!!! If you want to do some cleansing you can go practice to Sudan and then with all the experience you can go visit Israel.
    Mil - stands for the countless MILlions of reasons not to work.

I guess it always rains trolls this time of year.

Bheeshma

Yes how can countries be based on religion. Pakistan, Iran, Saudi...etc etc...IF only some one had wisdom to stop them.

We got ourselves a Palestinian. That's cool.
    Mil - stands for the countless MILlions of reasons not to work.

Brody15

Quote Originally Posted by Bheeshma View Post
    Yes how can countries be based on religion. Pakistan, Iran, Saudi...etc etc...IF only some one had wisdom to stop them.
    Stalin's Russia wasn't based on religion. Hilter wasn't really a Christian, so you could argue that Nazi Germany wasn't based on a religion. Mao's China wasn't based on a religion. Why can't all countries be like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brody15 View Post
    Stalin's Russia wasn't based on religion. Hilter wasn't really a Christian, so you could argue that Nazi Germany wasn't based on a religion. Mao's China wasn't based on a religion. Why can't all countries be like this.
    Communism and Fascism, minus the eschatology, worked very much like religious sects though.

Brody15

Quote Originally Posted by bararallu View Post
    Communism and Fascism, minus the eschatology, worked very much like religious sects though.
    True. I suppose that's the irony in it all.

Toadstool46

i still dont understand how a country can be based on a religion...

I read this and can't beleive how someone could actually write this....On top of this the person is an Arab who calls themself a "palastinien".

Think about this these people are based on the mulim religion and the only reason they want Israel gone is because of a difference in their religions and the traditional beliefs that go with them.

Which is more rediculus. A group of people of a certain religion forming a peaceful country that contributes to the society of the planet. or.....A group of people of a particular religion who want to form a terrorist, violent and hateful country and bring terror to the world and at the same time oblitorata a group of people just cause they have different beliefs.

Indeed... you cannot form a country based on your religion but we can wipe you out based on the same fact.

HYPROCRITs

jrpfeffer

The roots of Muslim rage is being told by clerics that Islam the one true religion, that that one true religion must be spread with violence, that Islam is better than all the others, that their land is sacred, that their virtue is above all others, and then they observe the real world.

They are told the story of the talking Islamic rocks at the end of time who tell true believers that a Jew is hiding behind me and the believer virtuously kills the Jews hiding behind the rock. Then they realize that they have little power over the Jews. That the Jews are neither intimidated, nor tremble with fear. That the Jews build a richer and freer nation than them on land they thought was assigned by Allah to Islam.

It is a shock that leads to rage.

Quote Originally Posted by jrpfeffer View Post
    The roots of Muslim rage is being told by clerics that Islam the one true religion, that that one true religion must be spread with violence, that Islam is better than all the others, that their land is sacred, that their virtue is above all others, and then they observe the real world.
    Ditto for Christianity but the violence level is pretty low but its there.
    Mountain look very spectacular from distance. Prostitutes look very beautiful when they make-up. War stories are very interesting. All these three things are interesting from distance.

andak01

Quote Originally Posted by jrpfeffer View Post
    I grew up being told that Christianity, or rather the branch of Protestantism that I was raised in was the one true religion. They still teach that, as does almost every monotheist religion. I was not taught then, nor have I yet been taught that Islam must be spread with violence. The Quran does teach that Muslims are permitted to defend themselves from violence. Historically, in the early days of Islam, that violence would have lead to their extinction.

They are told the story of the talking Islamic rocks at the end of time who tell true believers that a Jew is hiding behind me and the believer virtuously kills the Jews hiding behind the rock.
    That is a prophecy about an unknown time and an unknown place under unknown circumstances. It bears the same weight as passages in the New Testament that proclaim the Jews as the killers of Jesus. Both have been used to incite hatred of Jews, but I wouldn't characterize either of those religions solely on the basis of such a passage.

Brody15

Quote Originally Posted by andak01 View Post
    I grew up being told that Christianity, or rather the branch of Protestantism that I was raised in was the one true religion. They still teach that, as does almost every monotheist religion. I was not taught then, nor have I yet been taught that Islam must be spread with violence. The Quran does teach that Muslims are permitted to defend themselves from violence. Historically, in the early days of Islam, that violence would have lead to their extinction.
    The idea that a religion is the one true religion is less important that what those religious people do in their everyday lives. Like Muslims who believe Islam should be spread by violence. They call it "defending" themselves, because their religion and their leaders put them in a defensive position, and use rhetoric that suggests that Islam is under assault. That is not unknown news there. Muslims can easily justify violence because they believe they are under attack by infidels. So, I'm calling bullshit on your response.

That is a prophecy about an unknown time and an unknown place under unknown circumstances. It bears the same weight as passages in the New Testament that proclaim the Jews as the killers of Jesus. Both have been used to incite hatred of Jews, but I wouldn't characterize either of those religions solely on the basis of such a passage.
    Notice this prophecy asks the Muslim to kill the Jew. Very direct, very specific. And I could easily defend the Christians who have largely gotten over their Jew hatred, not to mention dispensationalism. As a Jew, I find that idea very nice, and I appreciate it. I'd say Christianity has come a long way.

I wish Muslims would stop apologizing and spinning and simply go through a reformation like everyone else.

andak01

Quote Originally Posted by Brody15 View Post
    The idea that a religion is the one true religion is less important that what those religious people do in their everyday lives. Like Muslims who believe Islam should be spread by violence.
    Well just how effective is violence as a means of spreading anything? After all, Indonesia is the largest Muslim country in the world by population and Islam wasn't spread by violence there. Furthermore, of the 10 million or so slaves that were shipped to America, not one of them was able to carry a Quran, and their religions was so thoroughly stripped from them that most descendants of slaves completely forgot them.

They call it "defending" themselves, because their religion and their leaders put them in a defensive position, and use rhetoric that suggests that Islam is under assault.
    I grant you that does happen, but it also happened in many instances with Christianity.

That is not unknown news there. Muslims can easily justify violence because they believe they are under attack by infidels. So, I'm calling bullshit on your response.
    It probably wasn't a effective plan to convince them otherwise by dropping tons of bombs on them.

scattergood

Quote Originally Posted by andak01 View Post
    Well just how effective is violence as a means of spreading anything? After all, Indonesia is the largest Muslim country in the world by population and Islam wasn't spread by violence there. Furthermore, of the 10 million or so slaves that were shipped to America, not one of them was able to carry a Quran, and their religions was so thoroughly stripped from them that most descendants of slaves completely forgot them.
    Again, totally false analogies. Violence is a perfectly effective way of spreading a religion, as you constantly point out vis a vis Christianity and the Indians.

Go ask the populations of the Balkans, North Africa, Turkey, the Levant, the Caucuses, the Indus River Valley, the Hindu Kush, etc. about violence and the spread of Islam. Islamic colonization and replacement of the Christian, Hindu, Zororastrian and anamist religions of the Islamic empire is drenched in blood.

Just as Christian expansion has included massive amounts of force as well.

I grant you that does happen, but it also happened in many instances with Christianity.
    And therein lies the big difference. It DOES happen with Islamic expansion today, it DID happen with Christian expansion. Thanks for making the most important point.

Thread Information