OK - This thread is about solutions. Let's all dream a little bit. Once we get past the violence, I'd like to hear what your personal visions are for the future of the land. Plain statements please. No rhetoric. Let's have some dreams of what the political landscape could look like in 50 years on the land we call Israel, Gaza, and the West Bank.
Please offer your support for one or more options with a rational framework on how the social and political relations between ethnic groups might be managed. Or offer other options.
Let me start with a few options on the table, without bias.
A JEWISH STATE IN ALL THE LAND
This could open a number of options. How to guarrantee a Jewish majority?:
1. Transfer sufficient Palestinians to maintain demographics.
2. Create 2 (or more) classes of citizenship
3. Create Palestinian autonomy areas
4. massive Jewish immigration
5. Have an all out war and kill sufficient Palestinians to guarantee a Jewish majority
TWO VIABLE SOVEREIGN STATES
1. Withdraw Israeli citizens from the land that will comprise the second state
2. Allow the second state all the rights normally accorded to sovereign states
3. Allow mutual rights of residency between the states
MULTIPLE STATES IN A FEDERATION
1. Two or more states, allowing those that prefer a religious state in part of the land, and those that prefer a secular state in part of the land
2. Federal government under a constitution protecting individual and group rights.
3. Economic common market
OK - that's a start. There are multiple options among these three, and more.