Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: falsification of history by kurds

Quote Originally Posted by bararallu View Post
    I dint mean to imply that you are not aware of it, just that your answer was ironic, historically speaking.
    Well I suppose my point was just to try and distinguish the United States from Europe as they are constantly grouped together when IMO there are just too many fundamental differences. That is not to say that what happened to Jews historically could not happen in the US, just that it is that much more likely that it would happen over in Europe. Again.
    "It is cheap to attack Israel. I am certainly not going to make a cheap attack on Israel by howling in the woods with the rest of the wolves." - Geert Wilders

Quote Originally Posted by Yala View Post
    Well I suppose my point was just to try and distinguish the United States from Europe as they are constantly grouped together when IMO there are just too many fundamental differences. That is not to say that what happened to Jews historically could not happen in the US, just that it is that much more likely that it would happen over in Europe. Again.
    I would agree with you, well let me preface that: Today that would seem highly unlikely. Who knows about 20, 50, 80 years from now. The climate in the US is not the same, regarding Jews certainly, as it was but 10 years ago, and certainly in the 70s, 80's... is it? Conspiracy theories seem to come closer to mainstream acceptance week to week. Serious presidential candidates in the last few elections (Buchanan, Paul) are specifically targeting "Zionists" to rally their troops, and this is more than echoed on the left, and these days I would say close to mainstream left, not even the far left anymore. The immigration debate, and the rest of the ethnic polarities, while at the moment does not involve Jews, as always I would say that inevitably it will involve Jews. But I dont mean to sound like some cassandra, you know all this already.

Trial Membership

Assyrian and Jewish DNA

I encourage all the Assyrians to do genetic genealogy. The testing is cheap and relatively easy, and says at least as much as standard archeology. You are liable to find that both your friends and enemies are your own ethnic cousins! Knowledge is power.
    Old thread, yes. But, just registered, and thought you might still have an interest in the subject. Here are some results:The Assyrians and Jews: 3,000 years of common history There is a lot of data referred in the comments section of the article as well.

Re: falsification of history by kurds

Thanks DNA. I'm familiar with the post and Razib as always is pretty thorough. The studies have been coming fast given the interest in Hapmap and other initiatives. There are some doubters on this forum about the genetic underpinnings of nearly all Jewish populations and the Levant. That should be in the past tense at this point.

It seems to be more or less universally accepted now that most major Jewish populations, including very isolated and far flung communities like the Bukharim, are ancestrally more closely related to each other than to host populations. There are notable exceptions mentioned in that article, especially Yemenis, some Indians and all Ethiopians. I think I might also recall having read, a long time ago (so I may be wrong) that the mitochondrial DNA of about half of Ashkenazi Jews indicates descent from European women.

The largest single Ashkenazi MT DNA cluster is the K Haplotype which is Mediterranean/Middle Eastern.

Taimanim are also not a close match with any Arab population, and are intermediate between the Jordanians and Mizrahi population- being very different from native Yemenites. We also do not have decent testing of Indian Jewish populations, most of whom will be close to the Mizrahi cluster but some no doubt closer to the Indian population. Also it's worth noting that most Jews mentioned are closer to Samaritans and Lebanese than either are to "Palestinians" and Jordanians.

BTW, I distinctly remember you poo-pooing all this evidence in some thread Curly.

The largest single Ashkenazi MT DNA cluster is the K Haplotype which is Mediterranean/Middle Eastern.

Taimanim are also not a close match with any Arab population, and are intermediate between the Jordanians and Mizrahi population- being very different from native Yemenites. We also do not have decent testing of Indian Jewish populations, most of whom will be close to the Mizrahi cluster but some no doubt closer to the Indian population. Also it's worth noting that most Jews mentioned are closer to Samaritans and Lebanese than either are to "Palestinians" and Jordanians.

BTW, I distinctly remember you poo-pooing all this evidence in some thread Curly.
    No.

You're likely referring to our discussion of the conversion issue. There I said that defining Judaism exclusively as an ethnicity or ancestral connection was clearly unsatisfactory given the large numbers of people whom we accept as Jews who are almost certainly local converts or heavily intermarried (e.g. the populations we just noted).

Thread Information