Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Four Years of Captivity for Gilad Shalit

Hybrid View

Four Years of Captivity for Gilad Shalit

Four Years. No contact with the Red Cross. Thousands of Palestinian murderers released from prison. Four Years:

http://elderofziyon.blogspot.com/201...for-gilad.html

nemesis

Re: Four Years of Captivity for Gilad Shalit

Our prayers for his family and for his safe return.

N

Haifa

This is a situation where it would be very well justified for the US military to forcefully intervene and free Gilad Shalit. In the interest of human rights and freedom, this must be done.

I dont think the US should do anything but back Israel in the UN. Let the Israelis get their own man out.

Haifa

Quote Originally Posted by bararallu View Post
    I dont think the US should do anything but back Israel in the UN. Let the Israelis get their own man out.
    Then perhaps just moral and financial support.

Quote Originally Posted by bararallu View Post
    Agreed. Besides, no one (not even the best of the best of the American Military) knows the Gaza turf like the IDF, which is another reason, BTW, I am against any foreign "peacekeeping force" taking the IDF's place (aside from trusting just about nobody to be objective).
    "Study astronomy and physics if you desire to comprehend the relation between the world and G-d's management of it." - RaMBaM (Maimonides), Guide For The Perplexed

Frankly, I wouldnt even want any financial support. Moral support is great, but when money changes hands the Buchanan-Carter Axis.

If Shalit could be freed militarily surely an attempt would already have been made over these past 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by curlyg View Post
    If Shalit could be freed militarily surely an attempt would already have been made over these past 4 years.
    You don't think there are any political implications involved? The IDF could have done a lot more in Cast Lead (IDF soldiers who were interviewed themselves when the operation was called off admitted as such), but guess why the IDF cut the operation short before completely toppling Hamas
    "Study astronomy and physics if you desire to comprehend the relation between the world and G-d's management of it." - RaMBaM (Maimonides), Guide For The Perplexed

Quote Originally Posted by Aliyah1995 View Post
    You don't think there are any political implications involved? The IDF could have done a lot more in Cast Lead (IDF soldiers who were interviewed themselves when the operation was called off admitted as such), but guess why the IDF cut the operation short before completely toppling Hamas
    Of course there are political considerations involved. The decision on whether to launch the operation rests with the political leadership.

But the fact of the matter is that either Israel doesn't know where Shalit is being held, or they know but the military's appraisal of the situation makes a rescue unlikely to succeed from an operational standpoint. Those are the only two rational options. If they knew where he was, and the IDF thought there was a good chance they could get him out by military means, what rational reason is there for not approving the operation? None.

Quote Originally Posted by curlyg View Post
    Of course there are political considerations involved. The decision on whether to launch the operation rests with the political leadership.

But the fact of the matter is that either Israel doesn't know where Shalit is being held, or they know but the military's appraisal of the situation makes a rescue unlikely to succeed from an operational standpoint. Those are the only two rational options. If they knew where he was, and the IDF thought there was a good chance they could get him out by military means, what rational reason is there for not approving the operation? None.
    Because every time even one non-Israeli is killed in an IDF operation the whole world wants an investigation. Naturally, our leaders who are afraid of what the rest of the world thinks are taking this into consideration.

Because every time even one non-Israeli is killed in an IDF operation the whole world wants an investigation. Naturally, our leaders who are afraid of what the rest of the world thinks are taking this into consideration.
    You can't honestly believe that. Israel was willing to launch Operation Cast Lead and kill several hundred civilians - but isn't willing to launch an operation killing several dozen (at most) to free a captured soldier? I think not.

Either they don't know where he is, or the military doesn't think they can get him out alive.

That decision was a major catastrophe for both Israel and the Palestinians.
    "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither, let my tongue cleave to my palate if I do not remember you, if I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy." (Ps. 137: 5-7)"

"Any generation in which the Temple is not built, it is as if it had been destroyed in their times" (Yerushalmi, Yoma 1a).

The way to free shalit is to terminate Maashal. They certainly know where he is. Kill him and issue a statement that Israel will liquidate the top leadership ongoing. I suspect a few months later there will be a prisoner swap.

Is Gilad even still alive? When Arabs start all these games it always turns out they have something to hide.
    Mil - stands for the countless MILlions of reasons not to work.

Thread Information