Thread: Abbas says 'no' to Jewish state

Abbas says 'no' to Jewish state

Proposed compromise by Quartet turned down by Abbas as he is unwilling to recognize Israel as a Jewish state. What it all boils down to is that he is unwilling to give up his dream of destroying Israel demographically with millions of "refugees." Any peace that doesn't lead to the destruction of Israel is unacceptable to the Palestinians.

The representatives joined Ashton and Clinton in order to formulate another proposal, according to which the Palestinian Authority will hold direct negotiations with Israel based on the June 4 1967 borders with land swaps. In return, Abbas is required to recognize Israel as a Jewish state and declare the end of the conflict, while agreeing to appropriate security arrangements.

However, the meeting ended several hours later due to Abbas' refusal to recognize Israel as a Jewish State. In addition, certain disagreements between the American and European positions remained unsolved.
    source: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...124030,00.html
    "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither, let my tongue cleave to my palate if I do not remember you, if I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy." (Ps. 137: 5-7)"

"Any generation in which the Temple is not built, it is as if it had been destroyed in their times" (Yerushalmi, Yoma 1a).

Re: Abbas says 'no' to Jewish state

Abbas rejects all compromises
    http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomac...d-bid-1.385226

Official PLO website: flooding Israel with refugees separate from creation of Palestinian state
    http://www.palestinestate194.com/ind...l-campaign-qaa
    http://www.imra.org.il/story.php3?id=53774

Ron Prosor (Israeli UN Ambassador):
    Abbas' U.N. fantasy
    http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...,7053865.story

The Palestinian gambit and UN hypocrisy
    http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...,7053865.story

Trial Membership

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocrates View Post
    I do not think Palestine’s will have settled with the UN resolution. It is clearly obvious as to why they are now slanting towards Iran.

In fact there's no point is arguing with them at all about anything or pretending to impose or ask them to do anything. What Israel needs do is call their bluff. They need to proceed on their own and do whatever is in their interests and ignore what the Arabs say or claim to say. It's all nonsense and gibberish anyway. Let them kill each other to the last one standing over whether Hamas or the PLO is in control. For good measure end all blockade controls over Gaza and let them do whatever they like. And each time a rocket flies into Israel lob 5 artillery shells into Gaza city, at random. Set down a timeline whereby Israel will end all infrastructure support for all services. If Hamas wants those services, it's cash on the barrel only, up front. Otherwise they can build their own water and sewer, fuel deliveries and such. For the PLO so the same thing. Including a drop dead date where all day work permits for Israel end. Kick all Arab labor out of Jewish communities and hire Israelis. Call it a self imposed boycott. Tell them to open negotiations with Jordan and Syria. And for Hezbollah, every rocket is met 10:1 with artillery. Again, firing blindly at the biggest civilian centers they can reach. When Turkey screams, kick them out of the country.

Kick all Arab labor out of Jewish communities and hire Israelis.
    If the Jews had done this before the turn of the 19th century there wouldn't be this problem today. Under the Ottomans Jerusalem was just a small neglected hole populated by a few Jews and arabs.
    It was the wealth of the early pioneers that encouraged the arabs to come and work for them and they flocked from miles around.
    But then similarly we buy heaps of Chinese products because they're cheap and we have a job. As far as the poor suckers are concerned that can't find work now, that's their hard luck.
    Today in Israel though it's a different story and I agree 100% with your post.

This is the headline in today's Haaretz:

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomac...emium-1.490203

Why is Israel ignoring the next Palestinian president?
    Israel must talk to Marwan Barghouti, because the reality is that the alternative will be Hamas. True, he is a convicted murderer, but Israel has signed peace treaties with terrorists with blood on their hands in the past.
    By Avi Issacharoff | 22:53 26.12.12 | 0
    Great logic. They don't bother stopping for even a nano second and think about how that worked out in the past. I despair ...
    Idealism increases in direct proportion to one's distance from the problem.
    Author: John Galsworthy 1867-1933, British Novelist, Playwright

Quote Originally Posted by Reffo View Post
    This is the headline in today's Haaretz:

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomac...emium-1.490203

Why is Israel ignoring the next Palestinian president?
    Israel must talk to Marwan Barghouti, because the reality is that the alternative will be Hamas. True, he is a convicted murderer, but Israel has signed peace treaties with terrorists with blood on their hands in the past
    By Avi Issacharoff
    Great logic. They don't bother stopping for even a nano second and think about how that worked out in the past. I despair ...
    The lemmings motto. Others jumped off before me, I better do it too ...

And how would Barghouti deal with Hamas' guns? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by wat0n View Post
    And how would Barghouti deal with Hamas' guns? That doesn't make much sense to me.
    Even if he would want to. But in the past, he had his own gunmen murdering Israelis. That is why he is in jail.

Hamas are seen as freedom fighters by most arabs, with plenty of support. Most Palestinians admire their battles against what they see as the enemy. Barghouti won't stop them even if he says he would. No one can stop Hamas, their network spans beyond Gaza and the West Bank. Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by shirbluestar View Post
    Hamas are seen as freedom fighters by most arabs, with plenty of support. Most Palestinians admire their battles against what they see as the enemy. Barghouti won't stop them even if he says he would. No one can stop Hamas, their network spans beyond Gaza and the West Bank. Sad but true.
    Hamas is a fascist, totalitarian regime that represses freedom. For this reason, most Pals want to be citizens of Israel rather than any Pal state.

Thread Information