Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PM: Schalit will be on his way home in the coming days

PM: Schalit will be on his way home in the coming days

If anyone with blood on their hands is released, this deal is a mistake.

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu vowed on Tuesday to bring kidnapped soldier Gilad Schalit home within the coming days.

Speaking at a press conference ahead of an urgent cabinet meeting over the prisoner-swap deal that free Schalit - which sources said was approved by Hamas - Netanyahu said he would stand true to his promise to bring Schalit home to his parents and grandparents...

In Gaza, a source involved in Egyptian-mediated talks between Israel and the Islamist group told Reuters agreement had been reached for a swap to take place possibly as soon as in the coming days.

The deal was signed by both sides in Cairo last Thursday.

Government sources said that in recent days there have been a number of high level meetings in the Prime Minister's Office dealing with Schalit. The Egyptian press has also reported in recent days visits by Israeli officials to Cairo.

Channel 2 said that Hamas's diplomatic bureau chief Haled Mashaal was expected to make comments on the issue on Hamas's TV station Tuesday evening, adding that both sides had shown flexibility as of late on a final deal...
    source: http://www.jpost.com/DiplomacyAndPol...aspx?id=241387
    "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither, let my tongue cleave to my palate if I do not remember you, if I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy." (Ps. 137: 5-7)"

"Any generation in which the Temple is not built, it is as if it had been destroyed in their times" (Yerushalmi, Yoma 1a).

Re: PM: Schalit will be on his way home in the coming days

It sounds like many bloody terrorists will gain their freedom in this deal (i.e. surrender).

...According to reports, the deal will include the release of the most notorious Palestinian terrorists, including former head of the Fatah Tanzim Marwan Barghouti, who is serving five life sentences for his role in the murder of Israelis during the al-Aksa intifada...

The exchange would include Amina Mona, a young woman who lured a lovestruck Israeli teenage boy to a Palestinian city over the Internet, only to have him killed by waiting militants, according to Mohammed al-Barem, a leader of the Popular Resistance Committees, one of the groups that captured Shalit. He gave no other names, but said it included 300 prisoners serving life sentences...
    source: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...134307,00.html
    "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither, let my tongue cleave to my palate if I do not remember you, if I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy." (Ps. 137: 5-7)"

"Any generation in which the Temple is not built, it is as if it had been destroyed in their times" (Yerushalmi, Yoma 1a).

No other country would do such a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellis View Post
    No other country would do such a deal.
    Exactly. Unfortunately, Israel is one of the weakest countries in the world when it comes to its willingness to release terrorists. There is no doubt that innocent Israelis are destined to die at the hands of the released Islamic terrorists. In essence, the Israeli government traded the life of Schalit for the lives of many innocents who will now have to die. And while so many Jews around the world have given Schalit publicity, not too many people will be concerned with those future victims.
    "All we are saying is give peace a chance." - John Lennon

A study published in 2008 by the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs concluded that since 1985, Israel had “freed over 10,000 Palestinians who were serving prison sentences for hostile activity or terror actions.” Some were let go in massive deals with groups such as Hezbollah wherein a few Israeli hostages — or, in some cases, nothing more than Israeli corpses — were exchanged for hundreds of imprisoned militants. Others were freed as a “goodwill” gesture to Israel’s negotiating partners in the Palestinian Authority.

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/20...ostage-taking/

So the deal now becomes clearer, including understanding why Hamas has declared that Israel has surrendered to "99%" of their demands.

1,000 Palestinian prisoners will be released. Among those, 300 are considered "heavyweights," who include the planners of several suicide attacks and having Israeli blood on their hands. Hamas has announced that these prisoners would immediately resume their "resistance" activities.

In other words, Israelis can expect a new wave of terror and most likely many casualties. There is no doubt that to save the life of one Israeli soldier, many more Israelis will die.
    "All we are saying is give peace a chance." - John Lennon

OK guys, look on the bright side. When this excrement hits the streets it becomes fair game for a bullet between the eyes. These 'Heros" are going to be just as big a pain in the ass for their adoring fans as they will be for Israel.

What if they kidnap another Schalit?

Quote Originally Posted by Cellis View Post
    What if they kidnap another Schalit?
    Scorched earth policy?
    If this exchange does happen then Israel absolutely needs to bring in the death penalty for terrorists.

Nonsense. They've made them all heroes to the Arabs, the UN, the EU and the "Quartet". A few of them will be treated as 'heroes' and will be given state visits to the UK and elsewhere let alone to every Arab capital. And in the end, Israel has strengthened Hamas and weakened the PA.

"Between the eyes"? Please. How? By shooting Desmond Tutu shielding them?

Perhaps it's time to revisit the death penalty for mass murderers.
    http://www.commentarymagazine.com/20...for-terrorism/
    From news article:

Unlike even the worst criminals such as serial killers, terrorists remain dangerous to societies at large even after they’ve been locked up with life sentences because innocents outside the prison walls are frequently kidnapped to secure their release.

Trial Membership

The price tag for 1 IDF soldier is 1000 Palestinians?

If there's a next time, will the price tag for 1 IDF soldier be 2500 Palestinians? 4000?

No other nation would do this.

Good for Shalit to finally go home.
    Politically, its an absurd move. It shows weakness, not good will.
    One thousand more enemies of Israel running amok. No good.

Yes, these faeces will hit the streets and probably cause some trouble again, there is no denial. Again, it might so happen that they will attempt more kidnappings knowing that the rate is now has been set as 1000 of these animals for 1 Jew. But we don't know for sure.
    But I know for sure that if Shalit was my son I would be happy and relieved. To return a son to his family is worth tons of rotten Arab meat.

Would I be correct in assuming that these terrorists will be released into Gaza and not Israel?

Thread Information