Thread: An easy way to publish a book

An easy way to publish a book

Publishing a Kindle Book

1) Inspired by The New York Times article about Kindle publishing (October 24, 2011), I prepared the third edition of my "Tyranny to Freedom ..." book, submitted the manuscript and the book was on the market in less than 24 hours. It costs only $0.99, the lowest permissible price. By the way, there are no shipping charges for Kindle books, delivered via Wi-Fi.

2) Those who want to learn from my limited technical experience producing a Kindle book are invited to visit this website:

http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/kindle/toc1.html
    3) Will kindle devices replace traditional books? I do not think so. But many people say that I am wrong.
    Ludwik Kowalski (see Wikopedia)
    Ludwik Kowalski, author of a free ON-LINE book entitled “Diary of a Former Communist: Thoughts, Feelings, Reality.”

http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/life/intro.html

It is a testimony based on a diary kept between 1946 and 2004 (in the USSR, Poland, France and the USA).

The more people know about proletarian dictatorship the less likely will we experience is. Please share the link with those who might be interested, especially with young people, and with potential reviewers.

Re: An easy way to publish a book

I'm a big fan of the Kindle - I avoid paper books as much as I can nowadays.

I put my book on Kindle for free myself. All you need is an account and some skill with HTML. I published my book on Amazon with Createspace. By far, the easiest and least expensive method anywhere. I paid a friend in the English department to proof the book before publication. Total investment was $150. So far, it has sold 3000+ copies and is selling very well on Kindle. The Superior Educator on Amazon to search.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorEd View Post
    I put my book on Kindle for free myself. All you need is an account and some skill with HTML. I published my book on Amazon with Createspace. By far, the easiest and least expensive method anywhere. I paid a friend in the English department to proof the book before publication. Total investment was $150. So far, it has sold 3000+ copies and is selling very well on Kindle. The Superior Educator on Amazon to search.
    Are active links in the table of contents are always working, when the table is creating with Createspace? If so then I will try that tool next time. Three out of above twenty links, in a book I created with Word, did not work

Ludwik Kowalski
    Ludwik Kowalski, author of a free ON-LINE book entitled “Diary of a Former Communist: Thoughts, Feelings, Reality.”

It is a testimony based on a diary kept between 1946 and 2004 (in the USSR, Poland, France and the USA).

The more people know about proletarian dictatorship the less likely will we experience is. Please share the link with those who might be interested, especially with young people, and with potential reviewers.

Trial Membership

I was able to seamlessly put my book into Kindle. It was a matter of sizing and using Word for the html.

But I skipped the request for links in the table of contents. I used Claris Home Page for years to set up web pages employing anchors and hyperlinks galore. Unfortunately when I started down the road with Word I couldn’t seem to get them to work. Rather than waste a lot of time fiddling around I just sent it to Kindle and it went through. The readers will just have to go old school although I may take another run at it in the future when I have the patience for it.

Kowalskil I surprised you went with Times New Roman rather than a darker font named Caecilia which they recommend.

There is also a Mobipocket Creator freely available which I used to get orientated to the task but I completed it in Word.

I write on Jewish history or alternate history as the case may be. My book is called Prolegomena To The Space Exile Of The Jews and it is explained here. https://sites.google.com/site/2inimeg/

Times New Romans was recommended by KDP. Perhaps they now recommend Caecillia. Thank you for sharing.

Trial Membership StrudelBeiteinu's Avatar

Very interesting since I'm working on several projects myself and I don't want to resort to books on demand. The question is, what are the chances of success of self-published Kindle content?
    Life ain't politically correct. I won't bother trying to be.

Quote Originally Posted by StrudelBeiteinu View Post
    Very interesting since I'm working on several projects myself and I don't want to resort to books on demand. The question is, what are the chances of success of self-published Kindle content?
    It depends on how the term "success" is defined.

Thread Information