Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why won't the Guardian publish something like this?

Why won't the Guardian publish something like this?

More than 70 journalists from major international media outlets toured Samaria on Thursday, as guests of the Head of the Shomron Regional Council Gershon Mesika and the Minister of Information and Diaspora Yuli Edelstein.

“I’ve been in the news business for 37 years. I’ve never seen a story about that factory we visited today. 6,000 workers, half of them Palestinians, all treated the same. The fact is that people in the States don’t hear those stories. What they hear is: something’s blown up, somebody’s been shot, something’s been bombed and there’s a conflict going on. They don’t hear the good news.”
    http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/151927
    Why would you not find this kind of article in the Guardian?
    perhaps because.
    “I think there’s a sense that they want to side with the Palestinians because they perceive the Palestinians as the underdog. I think that’s a flawed perception, because when you look at the Arab states that are allied against Israel, their history of wars against Israel, their public statements that they’ll only be happy when all the Jews are gone and Israel is erased from the map, and then you perceive the Israelis as the powerful entity and the Palestinians as the underdog? It’s just the opposite, as a matter of fact.”

Re: Why won't the Guardian publish something like this?

To tell you the truth farmboy, I am not that surprised or scandalised about leftie publications like the Guardian lining up in a biased way against Israel. After all, they take their lead from idiot leftie Jews such as the folk in +972 who show them how it should be done. The journos of the Guardian can honestly put their hand on their heart and say with a solemn face, "why blame us for bias? After all, some idiot Jews lead the way and point out what we should be saying ..."
    Idealism increases in direct proportion to one's distance from the problem.
    Author: John Galsworthy 1867-1933, British Novelist, Playwright

Because it's not antisemitic, that's why.

And why do some Jews do it? Because they were good students of the antisemites. They assimilated and absorbed the attitudes of the antisemites that whenever there is a dispute in which Jews are involved, then the Jews are automatically wrong. They are good little Jewish Uncle Toms.

I've never stopped laughing at the "As-A-Jew" reasoning. As if there are no women who are antifeminists, black people who hate black people, Americans who loathe and despise the US. OF COURSE there are antisemitic Jews. It's obvious on its face. They aren't 'self loathing' they're straight up Jew haters. Nothing more nothing less. Years ago I spoke with a Rabbi who noted in passing that "Jews will flock to any ism except Judaism". They're not stupid or deluded. They're antisemites.

That's true too. Even though they were born as Jews, they consider themselves as honorary non Jews.

... and they came up with a novel solution of proving that they are not Jewish, or so they think! ... Just vilify and demonize anything and anyone which is or who is closely or even remotely Jewish or anything that other Jews do or don't do. The problem is that in the eyes of antisemites they will always be Jewish and that just infuriates them even more so they try even harder.

What about people like me? I am not at all religious but I am proudly Jewish because I was born Jewish and I will die Jewish. And I know that while we are no better than anyone else, we are not worse either. So I don't have to prove anything to anyone.

It's pretty sad when people can't come to terms with who they are. I suppose once they start on that track of identity denial everything else based on fact becomes easy to deny too.

That is why organizations like the "American Council For Judaism", that reject the concept of a Jewish people-hood, come to be. Since, from their perspective, Judaism is only a "faith" or "religion", then they can just jump ship by rejecting the Jewish religion. To be sure, some members of the ACFJ will claim to be "American citizens of the Mosaic faith", yet when digging deeper you will discover an allergy to the Jewish religion as well (the Talmud is a "racist, chauvinistic piece of filth", Judaism is a "parochial, supremacist" religion, TOTALLY uncomfortable with the "Chosen People" concept, accept when it suits them - we need to prove we are more moral than everyone else and commit suicide, etc.). So, even the ones who claim to still adhere to the Jewish faith (while rejecting Jewish people-hood) will really adhere to a doctrine that mimics the more liberal sects of Christianity and the Democratic party. Nary a sign of Judaism to be found in their dogma (i.e. every -ism except for Judaism, like mentioned in an above post).
    "Study astronomy and physics if you desire to comprehend the relation between the world and G-d's management of it." - RaMBaM (Maimonides), Guide For The Perplexed

The problem is that they do not have the tools necessary to appreciate the richness of Judaism and the powerful philosophy behind it. "Chosenness" for example is not at all what they think it is. The problem is when those small minds started playing cello at the synagogue they did it at the expense of the study of Jewish thought. Their Rabbis are responsible for this.

Those who are incapable to comprehend the most basic of references, are paradoxically the very ones who want to impose their twisted opinion.

I'd really like to see a forum dedicated to Jewish thought and the discussion of those concepts.

The response to our accusations against Jews who turn on their own kind is that we are 'Israel-firsters'. This is what Yossi Gurwitz writes in his blog at +972 ...

Saturday, January 21 2012
    Saturday, January 21 2012|Yossi Gurvitz
    U.S. publisher who called for Obama assassination proves ‘Israel-firsters’ exist
    Andrew Adler, a Chabadnik newspaper publisher, urged Israel to consider assassinating President Obama. In doing so, he resolved a silly debate
    Really Mr Gurwitz? Then listen carefully ...

Andrew Adler is a lone nutter just as Yigal Amir who assassinated Rabin was a lone nutter. All people have nutters amongst them, not just Israel and not just Jews.

As for the term 'Israel-firsters', if you mean those of us who want to see Israel survive and thrive, then you are right, there are lots of us. Does that mean that there is a conflict of interest between what we want and the countries that we live in? Of course not. Unless you consider that it is in the interest of the western countries to see the only democracy in the Middle East, Israel, destroyed and replaced by Arab theocracies or dictatorships.

And you know what, Mr Gurwitz? Seeing that you coined the term (or at least see fit to want to perpetrate it), let me coin a term about you and people like you, that is people like you who are supposedly Israeli citizens: you are 'Israel-lasters' because you actively seek the destruction of the country that you live in. And that is much more of a conflict of interest than what you accuse us, who don't support our countrie's enemies, because unlike Israel which is under constant and real threat from it's neighbours yet you side with Israel's enemies. Israel is not our countrie's enemy.

Who they are is not Jews. There are people who have Jewish ancestors. They're no more Jewish than I'm Polish. If you don't identify with being Jewish, don't go to shul don't keep kosher or use the mikvah, don't pray, don't expand your Jewish education, don't b'nai mitzvah your children, don't brit millah your sons, don't expand your children's Jewish education, don't work for Jewish causes, don't worry about any of te 613 commandments, what do you think is left for you to say you're "Jewish"?

Guess what, Felix Mendelssohn wasn't Jewish, Benjamin Disraeli wasnt' Jewish, John Kerry isn't Jewish, Madeline Albright isn't Jewish. Lots of people aren't Jewish, they're people who have Jewish ancestry in part or whole.

Reffo, yeah I saw that piece of garbage by Yossi Gurwitz. I don't post on 972 anymore, but I still lurk. The only thing I agree with YG on is that Jeff Goldberg is lying. I also served in the IDF and YG is right about swearing allegiance to the IDF (granted as a religious Jew I "declared" allegiance by yelling אני מצהיר). However, this doesn't mean I still don't care about the land of my birth and childhood (America). And there are other precedents for American citizens serving in other armies (the Flying Tigers during WWII, the foreign legion, the French army, the Canadian armed forced, the British armed forces, and the list goes on). Why is the IDF singled out? I guess for the same reason dual Israeli/American citizens are singled out.

Sure, there is always the theoretical question "what if America and Israel went to war, who would you fight for?" I would be lying if I said this ? never came to my mind. I suppose my answer would be that I would sit that war out and bare the consequences (just like those soldiers who refused to evict Jews from their homes bared the consequences).

Also, the difference between someone like Jeff Goldberg and myself is that I actually stayed in Israel and am raising my family HERE.

Anyhoo, more vile poison from 972 that makes me only able to take so much of that site.
    "Study astronomy and physics if you desire to comprehend the relation between the world and G-d's management of it." - RaMBaM (Maimonides), Guide For The Perplexed

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocrates View Post
    Who they are is not Jews. There are people who have Jewish ancestors. They're no more Jewish than I'm Polish. If you don't identify with being Jewish, don't go to shul don't keep kosher or use the mikvah, don't pray, don't expand your Jewish education, don't b'nai mitzvah your children, don't brit millah your sons, don't expand your children's Jewish education, don't work for Jewish causes, don't worry about any of te 613 commandments, what do you think is left for you to say you're "Jewish"?

Guess what, Felix Mendelssohn wasn't Jewish, Benjamin Disraeli wasnt' Jewish, John Kerry isn't Jewish, Madeline Albright isn't Jewish. Lots of people aren't Jewish, they're people who have Jewish ancestry in part or whole.
    Mediocrates, with all due respect, as a Torah observant Jew I have to disagree with you. Emotionally, I can understand where you are coming from and this is one of the halachot I have to hold my nose on, but halacha it is: once a Jew, always a Jew. Once you are born of a Jewish mother or convert to Judaism (i.e. a genuine conversion according to halacha, not a factory conversion) you are a Jew for all time. Would Felix Mendelssohn and Benjamin Disraeli be considered "Jew of the Year"? Nope. Should they be gabbais in the shul? Nope. But, Jews they are according to Jewish Law.

Like I said in my earlier post, people like Yossi Gurwitz want to prove themselves as non Jews. So what do they do? They point the finger at people like me and call us 'Israel-firsters'. As if to say to the antisemites, see? "I am like you too, I tell Jews off for being 'Israel-firsters'."

But I will proudly compare myself to the likes of Yossi Gurwitz. Yes, I'll say it again, I support Israel. And I ask those who view that as an indictment against my loyalty to Australia, the onus is on them to prove that my support of Israel is somehow disloyal to Australia. I say why? Both Israel and Australia are western democracies. Both fight the same war against the same enemies. Both countries are on the same side. And not only that but I am not the only immigrant in Australia who has a soft spot to his country of origin. Greek immigrants, Italian immigrants, Serb immigrants, Irish immigrants, Vietnamese immigrants and countless other immigrants too feel the same way about their country of origin. Heck, even Arab immigrants to Australia have a soft spot in their heart towards their country of origin. So why single only us Jews out?

Now, let's apply Yossi Gurwitz's own standard on himself. How come he is more loyal to the enemies of Israel and the Jewish people, yet he chooses to live in Israel? How come he conducts the vilest propaganda against Israel and the Jewish people? Couldn't that be called disloyalty?

To me the answer has to be yes. Yossi and others like him, have the temerity to accuse Israel of not being a democracy. Yet he/they are allowed to continue their vile anti Israel propaganda even though Israel is still at war. They should look at how Britain and America dealt with the likes of Lord Haw Haw and Tokyo Rose who broadcast pro German/Japanese propaganda on German Radio during the war. And they should also look at how do the Palestinian Arabs have been dealing with any Palestinian whom they deem as too cooperative with Israel. Hint: they call them 'collaborators' and what they do to them is a matter of public record. They literally get lynched by kangaroo courts.

Enough said. I don't advocate the same fate for the Gurwitzes but I just want to put things in their proper perspective.

Thread Information