Thread: Qurei calls for reconsidering one-state solution

Qurei calls for reconsidering one-state solution

This idea wasn't any better when daffy Ghaddafi was calling for a state of "Isratine".

The Palestinians will NEVER get Israel to agree to commit demographic suicide by either a one-state solution nor the so-called Right of Return. This is a non-starter.

Former Palestinian Authority prime minister Ahmed Qurei, who was one of the architects of the Oslo Accords, Saturday called on Palestinians to consider a one-state solution for Palestinians and Israelis instead of a two-state solution.

Voicing frustration and disappointment with the peace process, Qurei, who played a major role in secret and public negotiations with Israel over the past two decades, said that the "one-state solution, despite the endless problems it embraces, is one of the solutions that we should be contemplating through an internal dialogue."

He said that the Palestinians should be talking publicly about the one-state solution, putting it on the table as an option and throwing in the face of Israel as "burning embers."

Qurei's call for a one-state solution came in an article he published Saturday in the pan-Arab London-based Al-Quds Al-Arabi newspaper....

Some Palestinians and political factions have begun talking seriously about the one-state solution, Qurei added.

PA President Mahmoud Abbas has come out against the one-state solution, emphasizing over and again that the two-state solution remains the first and last option for the Palestinians.
    source: http://www.jpost.com/MiddleEast/Article.aspx?id=262231
    "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither, let my tongue cleave to my palate if I do not remember you, if I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy." (Ps. 137: 5-7)"

"Any generation in which the Temple is not built, it is as if it had been destroyed in their times" (Yerushalmi, Yoma 1a).

Re: Qurei calls for reconsidering one-state solution

The one state solution has always been the position of the Arabs. To have another Arab state which would either get rid of the Jews or dominate the Jews. The bottom line is that a one state solution would become just another Arab/Muslim state where any non Arabs non Muslims would be happy if they would just be tolerated and certainly they would have no say about anything.

How do I know? I just look around in the Middle East and North Africa where the Arabs are the majorities. How do non Arabs non Muslims fare in those countries? I don't have to answer that question. Let's just ask the Kurds, the Copts, the Assyrians and the Berbers. The Arab Muslims do everything in their power to hold back their culture, their language and to inhibit their religious freedom (of the minorities who are non Muslim). And woe to them if they try to protest because if they do then they'll have to worry about their very lives.
    Idealism increases in direct proportion to one's distance from the problem.
    Author: John Galsworthy 1867-1933, British Novelist, Playwright

Another thing to keep in mind is if the Arabs consider the Jews in "Palestine" to be colonialists or, at the very best, descendants of colonialists why would we be naive enough to believe they would let us stay, let alone have equal rights, if the nightmare of the "one-state solution" came to be.

I think I am being over generous by calling this "wishful thinking" by those who either have no stake in this conflict (i.e. the so-called "liberals" and "progressives" thousands of miles away who will never live here or raise kids here) or by pockets of Israelis who would just as soon get a foreign passport and emigrate to Europe or North America.
    "Study astronomy and physics if you desire to comprehend the relation between the world and G-d's management of it." - RaMBaM (Maimonides), Guide For The Perplexed

Aliyah

It's the same old story. The agenda of extreme lefties (I stress the word extreme) is to destroy everything totally. Have TOTAL revolution. Then they hope to build a new society to their liking, off scratch.

The only problem with their approach is that it NEVER works out well for humanity. It always ends up in Gulags, concentration camps, mass murder and suffering. And the ends are certainly not worthwhile, let alone the means. That's what they plan for Israel. They think they use the Arabs but it is the Arabs who use them instead. And their plans for the Jews, whether leftie Jews or right wingers, are well known to anyone who cares to listen to what the Arabs have been promising for nearly 100 years now.
    Idealism increases in direct proportion to one's distance from the problem.
    Author: John Galsworthy 1867-1933, British Novelist, Playwright

Thread Information