Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Russia, China join UN in backing Syria plan

Re: Russia, China join UN in backing Syria plan

Quote Originally Posted by Pleepleus View Post
    The fact that Israel and Iraq were still legally at war and Saddam's threats against Israel were reason enough for Israel not to sell weapons to Iraq.
    Good point, though I find it hard to believe such a sale wouldn't be kept as a secret (as the Israelis tried to do with Iran).

Israel (?specifically, Israeli arms dealers, like Nimrodi) had connections with Iranians from the days of the Shah. Back then, Israel was a major supplier to the Iranian army. All they did was continue making deals.

They didn't have these connections in Iraq.

hasent this thread been derailed again? isnt this about SYRIA only, why all this chatter about iraq and iran?
    "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time"
    Abraham Lincoln

God laughs at the judgment of the wicked
    Psalms 37:13

Quote Originally Posted by JerichoMissile View Post
    hasent this thread been derailed again? isnt this about SYRIA only, why all this chatter about iraq and iran?
    You are absolutely correct, Jericho Missile. This thread is supposed to be about UN efforts to rein in the massacres in Syria.
    "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither, let my tongue cleave to my palate if I do not remember you, if I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy." (Ps. 137: 5-7)"

"Any generation in which the Temple is not built, it is as if it had been destroyed in their times" (Yerushalmi, Yoma 1a).

Hopefully the Russians and Chinese will stop impeding action on Syria.

The Arab League was set Friday to approach the United Nations Security Council to take immediate action to protect the civilians in Syria.

“The Arab League will assign its Arab representatives in the UN Security Council in the meeting set to take place May 5 to ask the Security Council to protect Syrian civilians immediately,” a final statement said after an Arab League meeting.

The statement reportedly dropped a reference included in an earlier draft to Chapter 7 of the Security Council charter, which allows it to authorize actions ranging from diplomatic and economic sanctions to military intervention...
    source: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Ne...2#.T5yO5lCiYfw
    "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither, let my tongue cleave to my palate if I do not remember you, if I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy." (Ps. 137: 5-7)"

"Any generation in which the Temple is not built, it is as if it had been destroyed in their times" (Yerushalmi, Yoma 1a).

Thread Information