Thread: No need for another Cast Lead

No need for another Cast Lead

The Palestinian Authority (PA) and Israel are holding economic talks despite frozen peace negotiations in a bid to relieve the PA's deepening debt crisis.
    The PA is reeling from a sharp drop in foreign aid following its unilateral bid for statehood at the United Nations last year. Even Arab nations that supported the bid have failed to deliver on their pledges amid the upheaval of the Arab Spring.
    http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Ne...5#.T2txQ9n8-vU
    With the PA so financially restrained any reconcilliation with Hamas will allow Israel to tighten the purse strings even further accellerating their eventual ruin.

This factor among others, will contribute to leaving Hamas in the dark, impotent, to effectively wage aggression against Israel. In a few weeks we may witness them begin to eat each other, metaphorically if not literally.
    Gaza's Hamas rulers are caught between their rage at Israel and their distaste for having to cooperate with Egypt. The result has been a wintry region without electricity and, within the next few days, the situation will reach crisis proportions if the leadership does not come up with a solution.
    Fuel supplies to the terrorist-controlled region's power plant ended in early February, sending Gaza into freezing cold darkness.

Fuel for hospital generators is nearly at an end; when it runs out, premature and sick babies in incubators could die. People with failing kidneys who need dialysis will be unable to clean their blood and they will die too. Intensive care units will be without the life-saving equipment they need.

Many ambulances are without gasoline, and the rest will shortly be off the streets. Sewage treatment facilities will be unable to operate, and water supplies will drop because pumps won't operate. With no sign the flow will resume any time soon, the storage tanks are nearly dry.
    http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Ne...3#.T2t0Ddn8-vU
    The Hamas plague may soon have run its course, as darkness will kill any economic growth Gaza may have made. Businesses will start to fail, crisis and collapse will follow.

Re: No need for another Cast Lead

But that's exactly what Hamas seems to want. Non functioning power plants so that they would be able to continue to vilify Israel for it. Of course they won't mention the fact that Israel offered to supply oil for the generators but Hamas rejected the offer because they don't want to be seen to be dealing with Israel.
    Idealism increases in direct proportion to one's distance from the problem.
    Author: John Galsworthy 1867-1933, British Novelist, Playwright

No fuel would cause them quite a problem I'm sure. How many quassams can you fit on a ralleigh 3 speed? or what is the largest AA launcher you can install on a donkey cart?
    Somehow I don't think that they really thought this one through. The people may be a dumb as dog doo but they are not going to stand for inconveniences in the name of you know who.
    Even we agnostics are praying for the collapse of Hamas but that's rather like an each way bet on Black Caviar.
    It's coming but I'm wondering when. Several times a day I check INN just to be there when it starts.

Quote Originally Posted by farmboy
    Somehow I don't think that they really thought this one through
    Thinking does not come into it. They are driven by hatred and a compulsive need to blame every misfortune on Israel. They make the saying "He cut his nose off to spite his face", a truism.
    Idealism increases in direct proportion to one's distance from the problem.
    Author: John Galsworthy 1867-1933, British Novelist, Playwright

Secure a path? Hopefully for many more troops later.

Israeli aircraft opened fire Thursday evening towards open areas in the Khan Younis area in south Gaza as part of the IDF's efforts to curb terrorist activities in the Hamas-ruled territory...

Earlier, Palestinian sources in Gaza said five heavy IDF vehicles, accompanied by choppers, entered the Strip to secure a path.
    source: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...210059,00.html
    "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither, let my tongue cleave to my palate if I do not remember you, if I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy." (Ps. 137: 5-7)"

"Any generation in which the Temple is not built, it is as if it had been destroyed in their times" (Yerushalmi, Yoma 1a).

Yeah, this all does not encourage any kind of optimism. How can we beat the masters of terrorism in their own game? Israel is trying to pick and smash poisoned fruits from the tree instead of uprooting the tree once and for all. Sure, you need some big-handed men with axes and shovels and even some C4 to dispose of the trunk after the tree is cut down.
    Let's become truly multi-cultural and speak to the other side the language it understands best - re-occupy and clean up Gaza amidst mud, blood and tears and the UN resolution No XXXXXX adopted at the initiative of Norway and Sudan.

Thread Information