Thread: 'Israel considering freezing PA tax transfers over UN move'

'Israel considering freezing PA tax transfers over UN move'

The Palestinians are still attempting to use the UN as a club against Israel. They need to be taught that there is a severe price to such acts. They are very short on money at the moment since Arab governments are not fulfilling their pledges. This will definitely get their attention.

Israel is considering punitive measures against the Palestinian Authority over the UN Human Right’s Council decision to establish a fact-finding mission to probe the effects of settlements on Palestinian human rights, Israel Radio reported Sunday.

Part of these measures may include delaying the transfer of tax revenues to the PA, or freezing joint economic ventures between Jerusalem and the PA, a diplomatic source told Israel Radio.

Israel wants to send the PA a message that it cannot enjoy Israel's cooperation while at the same time "acting against it in international bodies," the source said, referring the UN Human Rights Council approval last week of a plan to send observers to document the effect Jewish settlements have on Palestinian human rights.

Eight senior cabinet ministers will convene Sunday to discuss possible sanctions on the PA.

Israel froze tax transfers to the Palestinian Authority last year, following UNESCO's decision to admit the PA as a member state in October. While Jerusalem released the funds in November, the government warned it would freeze them again were the PA to continue to pursue statehood unilaterally at the UN...
    "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither, let my tongue cleave to my palate if I do not remember you, if I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy." (Ps. 137: 5-7)"

"Any generation in which the Temple is not built, it is as if it had been destroyed in their times" (Yerushalmi, Yoma 1a).

Re: 'Israel considering freezing PA tax transfers over UN move'

And then it goes back on it again?
    http://articles.cnn.com/2011-11-28/m...=PM:MIDDLEEAST
    Israel will release tax money that it was withholding from the Palestinian Authority, Israel's defense minister said Monday.

The Israeli government was holding onto the money as punishment for Palestinian efforts to gain statehood recognition at the United Nations.

Palestinian Authority spokesman Ghassan Khatib said the tax funds total about $100 million a month, and have been withheld for two months.
    This article was dated November 28, 2011 but I'm sure we will see the exact same article with a 2012 date in the near future.

Israel loses its credibility and shows an immense weakness when it says one thing and then goes back on it.
    They send arabs the message that it is fickle and will eventually buckle to pressure.
    Prisoner swaps and land for peace were signals of desperation that the Palarabs picked up on, so it's no wonder that they are playing their stupid games in the UN.

Israel should withold the taxes regardless during any month that there is a rocket attack. Only when deductions for the expenses incurred are debited, should the cash be released.
    When Iron dome looses off a few rounds that cost well over a few mills in total and the PA only recieve half their income, will they start to get the message?

Quote Originally Posted by farmboy View Post

This article was dated November 28, 2011 but I'm sure we will see the exact same article with a 2012 date in the near future.

Israel loses its credibility and shows an immense weakness when it says one thing and then goes back on it.
    They send arabs the message that it is fickle and will eventually buckle to pressure.
    Prisoner swaps and land for peace were signals of desperation that the Palarabs picked up on, so it's no wonder that they are playing their stupid games in the UN.

Israel should withold the taxes regardless during any month that there is a rocket attack. Only when deductions for the expenses incurred are debited, should the cash be released.
    When Iron dome looses off a few rounds that cost well over a few mills in total and the PA only recieve half their income, will they start to get the message?
    You'd punish the PA over what happens in territory they don't control?

The only way to stop the attacks from Gaza is to reoccupy it and destroy Hamas and the other terrorist groups there. That way also Iran won't be able to resupply the inhabitants via Egypt after the Muslim Brotherhood takes over that country in a few months.

That would also send a message concerning Israel's perceived "weakness".
    "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither, let my tongue cleave to my palate if I do not remember you, if I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy." (Ps. 137: 5-7)"

"Any generation in which the Temple is not built, it is as if it had been destroyed in their times" (Yerushalmi, Yoma 1a).

Quote Originally Posted by dayag View Post
    The only way to stop the attacks from Gaza is to reoccupy it and destroy Hamas and the other terrorist groups there. That way also Iran won't be able to resupply the inhabitants via Egypt after the Muslim Brotherhood takes over that country in a few months.

Not only concerning weakness, but also resolve.
    Israel is being encircled by wolves, and who knows how many, in sheep's clothing, are within.

You'd punish the PA over what happens in territory they don't control?
    Well yes I most certainly would.
    Are we talking 2 states or 3?
    The arabs are united in their common goal to destroy Israel and it makes me want to become an Israeli citizen just so I could complain justifiably, how much the defence against Palarab aggression is costing. Why should Israeli taxpayers not only suffer missile bombardment but have to pay for the defence too? Abbas wants to glorify these killers, then let him and his Hamas mates pick up the bill.

I couldn't agree more and would be overjoyed if it came to pass. But, the middle east is the only other place on earth similar to the Bermuda Triangle. It's not ships and planes that go missing when they enter, it's logic and common sense instead.

Well yes I most certainly would.
    Are we talking 2 states or 3?
    The arabs are united in their common goal to destroy Israel and it makes me want to become an Israeli citizen just so I could complain justifiably, how much the defence against Palarab aggression is costing. Why should Israeli taxpayers not only suffer missile bombardment but have to pay for the defence too? Abbas wants to glorify these killers, then let him and his Hamas mates pick up the bill.

I couldn't agree more and would be overjoyed if it came to pass. But, the middle east is the only other place on earth similar to the Bermuda Triangle. It's not ships and planes that go missing when they enter, it's logic and common sense instead.
    If your goal is to stop the rocket attacks, your strategy would fail. Cutting off money to the P.A. would not give Hamas any reason to curtail attacks from the territory it controls. Hamas and Fatah hate each other.

Wacking Hamas hard for any rocket attacks (especially their leadership) on the other hand would send a clear message to the P.A. not to go down the same path as Hamas.

Hamas people and Fatah people need to be united and the only way to do this is by the destruction of one or the other. Fatah and their suits need to be taken out of the game, mainly because the naieve liberals are conned into believing that they are civilised and desire peace. While Fatah and the PA play their games in the UN, Hamas continues to lob missiles into Israel and are completely ignored by the rest of the world. When there is one enemy then everyone knows where they stand. The situation now is duplicitous and the Palarabs are getting away with it.
    In a way I agree with Dayag about retaking Gaza but only so that the arabs of Judea and Samaria can be relocated there. They want a contiguous state? Problem solved

Thread Information