Not sure where this will go, but it is possible that we are now witnessing one of the most dangerous developments in Israel's history -- the uprising against Israel's military and political policies staged by Israel's left-wing activists.
It all started with 50 IDF leftist officers who took it upon themselves to decide that they will refuse military orders to serve in the Palestinian-occupied territories.
Theses officers wrote a letter that was published in the press by Israel's professional leftists. Later, 150 more IDF soldiers added their signatures to the letter.
Within a week, a large crowd gathered in Tel Aviv to protest Israel's self-defense policies, urging others serving in the IDF to disobey the orders of their military commanders.
At the gathering, arch-leftist Shulamit Aloni spoke, and then left-winger Uri Avneri read a letter from Arafat to the audience, also urging IDF soldiers to disobey orders.
1. When soldiers disobey direct orders of their commanders, this is called insubordination and they should be immediately court marshalled.
2. There cannot exist a situation where soldiers decide that they will no longer follow the commands of their superiors, because the military would fail if there is no command structure that has authority.
3. The leftist political activists who are inciting IDF soldiers to disobey orders are guilty of treason. It is one thing to hold different political views, but meddling with military operations and sabotaging the military command chain at wartime is nothing less than treason, IMHO.
4. This is further proof that Israeli leftists are trying to tear down the Israeli democracy. These leftists still have not fully undestood that there was a democratic election in Israel, in which the leftist candidates were defeated by the will of the Israeli nation.
5. If this movement towards treason and anarchy persists, there will be grave consequences to Israel's military capacity to defend against Arab military threats. There will be morale problems and social divisions that will waeken Israel's military establishment, which is the only thing preventing the Arabs from destroying Israel.
6. By reading the words of Arafat, who has publicly called for the complete annihilation of Israel, to the cheering leftist Israeli audience, there is a strong statement that there is an equivalency between Arafat's goals and the goals of the extreme Israeli leftists.
7. The Israeli supreme court must rule immediately on the legality of the leftists' actions to determine whether the left-wing uprising is valid political expression, or an illegal incitement to treason.
Otherwise, a catastrophy might happen in Israel, brought about by this situation, one that might devastate Israeli society.