Thread: 'Baku grants Israel use of its air bases'

'Baku grants Israel use of its air bases'

If Israel is forced to attack Iran, having airbases in Azerbaijan could make all the difference.

Azerbaijan has granted Israel access to airbases in its territory along Iran's northern border for potential use in a military strike against Iranian nuclear facilities, a report published Wednesday in Foreign Policy magazine quoted senior US officials as saying.
    source: http://www.jpost.com/IranianThreat/N...aspx?id=263894
    "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither, let my tongue cleave to my palate if I do not remember you, if I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy." (Ps. 137: 5-7)"

"Any generation in which the Temple is not built, it is as if it had been destroyed in their times" (Yerushalmi, Yoma 1a).

Re: 'Baku grants Israel use of its air bases'

Interesting. There is more Azerbaijanis in Iran than in Azerbaijan - I wonder how they will be seen and treated.

Sadly, it may have been disinformation. Or the denial could be disinformation. Time will tell.

The bit at the end about the plot by the Iranian Revolutionary Guards was interesting.

Azerbaijan denied claims in a U.S. magazine report on Thursday that it granted Israel access to air bases on the border it shares with Iran, in the event of a future attack on Iran....

"This information is absurd and groundless," the AFP reported a defense ministry spokesman, Teymur Abdullayev, as saying, while citing a senior official at Azerbaijan's presidential administration as saying that the allegations were "aimed at damaging relations between Azerbaijan and Iran."

Ali Hasanov, a presidential official, also told reporters in Baku, "We have stated on numerous occasions and we reiterate that there will be no actions against Iran... from the territory of Azerbaijan," according to the AFP report.

Earlier this month, Azerbaijan authorities arrested 22 people suspected of plotting to attack the Israeli and American embassies in the capital Baku. Iran's Revolutionary Guards was reportedly behind the plan to attack Israeli and U.S. targets in the country, according to Azerbaijan's national security ministry.
    source: http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomac...order-1.421562
    "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither, let my tongue cleave to my palate if I do not remember you, if I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy." (Ps. 137: 5-7)"

"Any generation in which the Temple is not built, it is as if it had been destroyed in their times" (Yerushalmi, Yoma 1a).

Azerbaijan totally denies the reports.
    It looks like some people in Washington or elsewhere are just fishing. I would be curious to know if the Foreign policy author of the article isn't also working for Press TV.

I thought it was improbable... This would expose the Iranian Azeris as a 5th column, it can be dangerous.

update on Azerbaijan:

Foreign Minister Avigdor Liberman is expected to visit Azerbaijan by the end of the month, in a trip indicating the flourishing of ties with the strategically important country on Iran’s northern border.

According to the Vestnik Kavkaza website, which covers the Caucasus region, Liberman is expected to visit Baku on April 23 to discuss all aspects of bilateral relations...
    source: http://www.jpost.com/DiplomacyAndPol...aspx?id=266803

Thread Information