Thread: PLO bestows journalism award on Helen Thomas

PLO bestows journalism award on Helen Thomas

I'm surprised Abbas didn't make Thomas his chief negotiator with Israel given her thoughts on a just peace. Their decision to honor a raving anti-Semite speaks volumes.

NEW YORK (JTA) - Longtime White House reporter Helen Thomas received a prize in journalism from a representative of Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas.

Thomas, 91, who was forced into retirement two years ago after making controversial remarks about Jews and Israel, was recognized for her journalism career and commitment to the Palestinian cause. Hanan Ashrawi, a member of the Executive Committee of the PLO, presented Thomas with the award on behalf of Abbas, who is also head of the PLO.

According to the Washington PLO offices statement, Thomas was recognized for all of her actions supporting Palestine in the West. Ambassadors, journalists, human rights activists and American Arab leaders were among those who attended the ceremony at the home of Maen Rashid Ereikat, president of the Commission General of the PLO in Washington.

Considered the dean of the White House press corps, Thomas became embroiled in controversy when she said in a 2010 interview with the blog RabbiLive.com that Jews should get the hell out of Palestine. Go home, Poland, Germany and America and everywhere else. ...
    source: http://www.jpost.com/International/A...aspx?id=264561
    "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither, let my tongue cleave to my palate if I do not remember you, if I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy." (Ps. 137: 5-7)"

"Any generation in which the Temple is not built, it is as if it had been destroyed in their times" (Yerushalmi, Yoma 1a).

Re: PLO bestows journalism award on Helen Thomas

Thanks for posting this Dayag. You beat me to it, I was about to post this thread because we need to remind those who delude themselves (or pretend) that the PLO is a a genuine peace partner. I wonder how they can continue to claim that with a straight face? What did Helen Thomas say?

In May 2010, Thomas, a senior White House writer, was asked for her opinion of Israel. “Tell them that they need to get out of Palestine, and return home to Germany, Poland, and America,” Thomas responded on camera
    She advocated that all Israeli Jews, including those who are 6th generation Israeli born (or much longer) be "returned" to places where Jews were systematically exterminated (I don't include America of course).

That's the type of person the PLO chose to honour. I invite all reasonable (non biased) people to draw their own conclusions.
    Idealism increases in direct proportion to one's distance from the problem.
    Author: John Galsworthy 1867-1933, British Novelist, Playwright

Old mishugener ..., does anyone listen to her?
    Last edited by dayag; 04-02-2012 at 11:57 PM. Reason: profanity removed

Quote Originally Posted by Kachah View Post
    Old mishugener ..., does anyone listen to her?
    Yes, obviously the PLO does and they endorse what the old meshugener ..... advocates.
    Last edited by Reffo; 04-03-2012 at 11:36 AM.

The question is will she even remember she received it the next day?
    "Study astronomy and physics if you desire to comprehend the relation between the world and G-d's management of it." - RaMBaM (Maimonides), Guide For The Perplexed

Helen, of course, would get a journalism award from the PLO... the woman is shameless in her loathing of Israel and Jews in general. There's a special place for the likes of Helen... the dust bin or Gaza. What really grinds my onions is the way the White House panders to this old hag, as if she is some journalistic goddess.

Helen Thomas is not the issue. She is what she is but whatever she is, she does not count. What counts is that the PLO lauds her and what she stands for. Yet according to some people, the PLO wants peace with Israel. Personally, I can't reconcile the two ideas. If they would really be looking for peace, they would not be endorsing the Helen Thomases of this world ...

Thread Information