Thread: Hafiz Saeed Bounty: U.S. Offers $10 Million For Pakistani Militant Chief

Hafiz Saeed Bounty: U.S. Offers $10 Million For Pakistani Militant Chief

Pakistani government provides financial support to supposedly banned terrorist group:

ISLAMABAD A Pakistani militant accused of directing deadly attacks in neighboring India on Tuesday dismissed a U.S. decision to put a bounty of $10 million on his head as misdirected.

The reward is for "information leading to the arrest and conviction" of Hafiz Mohammad Saeed, who founded the militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba with alleged Pakistani support in the 1980s to pressure archenemy India over the disputed territory of Kashmir. The U.S. also offered up to $2 million for Lashkar-e-Taiba's deputy leader, Hafiz Abdul Rahman Makki, who is Saeed's brother-in-law...

Pakistan banned the group in 2002 under U.S. pressure, but it operates with relative freedom under the name of its social welfare wing Jamaat-ud-Dawwa even doing charity work using government money.

The U.S. has designated both groups foreign terrorist organizations. Intelligence officials and terrorism experts say Lashkar-e-Taiba has expanded its focus beyond India in recent years and has plotted attacks in Europe and Australia. Some have called it "the next al-Qaida" and fear it could set its sights on the U.S.

The reward marks a shift in the long standing U.S. calculation that going after the leadership of an organization used as a proxy by the Pakistani military would cause too much friction with the Pakistani government...
    source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1398693.html
    "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither, let my tongue cleave to my palate if I do not remember you, if I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy." (Ps. 137: 5-7)"

"Any generation in which the Temple is not built, it is as if it had been destroyed in their times" (Yerushalmi, Yoma 1a).

Re: Hafiz Saeed Bounty: U.S. Offers $10 Million For Pakistani Militant Chief

Im happy to see that the US has finally seen light and put up the bounty
    "Almost every wise saying has an opposite one, no less wise, to balance it."

Thread Information