Thread: Liberman: Our obligation to the coalition is over

Liberman: Our obligation to the coalition is over

It looks like Israel may be headed to early elections.

Yisrael Beytenu chairman Avigdor Liberman said on Saturday that his party was no longer obligated to the coalition, as heads of opposition parties called for early elections.

“Our obligation to the coalition has ended, and we are also obligated to voters, so we are going to make decisions,” Liberman told Channel 2’s Meet the Press...

Meanwhile, Kadima chairman Shaul Mofaz called for his party to prepare for a vote on October 16, the earliest possible date for elections after the High Holy Days and Succot.

“This government’s days are numbered,” Mofaz warned on his Facebook page. “[Prime Minister Binyamin] Netanyahu has failed in his job, and the time has come to bring hope back to Israel.”

Mofaz wrote that Netanyahu must start discussing elections openly and reach an agreement with other parties on the date. If he does not do so, Kadima will propose a bill to dissolve the Knesset as soon as next week...

Other opposition party leaders were not waiting for answers from Netanyahu, as Labor leader Shelly Yacimovich and Meretz head Zehava Gal-On both proposed bills to dissolve the Knesset...
    source: http://www.jpost.com/DiplomacyAndPol...aspx?id=267856
    "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither, let my tongue cleave to my palate if I do not remember you, if I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy." (Ps. 137: 5-7)"

"Any generation in which the Temple is not built, it is as if it had been destroyed in their times" (Yerushalmi, Yoma 1a).

Re: Liberman: Our obligation to the coalition is over

Seems like the opposition love to mudsling Netanyahu, but the bottom line is that, both his terms as PM, he has lasted longer than just about any other PM. At any rate, I HONESTLY have no idea who I want to vote for for the first time in the seventeen years I have been living here. I do hope that if they are going to call elections that they do it before August, so I can at least have an extra vacation day to use for my summer vacation or, if not, then at least before the High Holidays, so I can have an extra vacation day to go towards an Erev Chag
    "Study astronomy and physics if you desire to comprehend the relation between the world and G-d's management of it." - RaMBaM (Maimonides), Guide For The Perplexed

Quote Originally Posted by Aliyah1995 View Post
    ...I do hope that if they are going to call elections that they do it before August, so I can at least have an extra vacation day to use for my summer vacation or, if not, then at least before the High Holidays, so I can have an extra vacation day to go towards an Erev Chag
    Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has asked his advisors to explore the possibility of holding August elections and is leaning towards this option, Ynet has learned.

Senior Likud officials said that August elections were highly likely, based on recent talks between coalition elements. Others mentioned September as a possible date for the next national elections. This would mean that Likud primaries will take place in June.
    source: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...222240,00.html
    "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither, let my tongue cleave to my palate if I do not remember you, if I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy." (Ps. 137: 5-7)"

"Any generation in which the Temple is not built, it is as if it had been destroyed in their times" (Yerushalmi, Yoma 1a).

Just not the first half of August....Otherwise, I will protest because my family and I will be overseas and it is VERY important to the fate of Israel that my wife and I vote
    "Study astronomy and physics if you desire to comprehend the relation between the world and G-d's management of it." - RaMBaM (Maimonides), Guide For The Perplexed

Israelis are nice people i don't like their government

Thread Information