Thread: Hamas says it's holding talks with 5 EU countries

Hamas says it's holding talks with 5 EU countries

It would not surprise me in the least if Sweden was involved in talks with Hamas.

A senior Hamas official said Wednesday that the Islamic militant group has been holding secret political talks with five European Union member-states in recent months.

The EU officially maintains that it will not deal with Hamas unless the group renounces violence and recognizes Israel.

Osama Hamdan, who handles foreign relations for Hamas, told The Associated Press that talks with European government officials focus on the Hamas positions toward Israel and paralyzed Mideast peace efforts...

Officials in Britain, France and Austria denied their governments are conducting talks with Hamas, while officials in Sweden and the Netherlands could not immediately be reached for comment...

Hamdan would not name the countries. Three Hamas officials in Hamas-ruled Gaza said Britain, France and Holland are among them...
    source: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...223948,00.html
    "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither, let my tongue cleave to my palate if I do not remember you, if I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy." (Ps. 137: 5-7)"

"Any generation in which the Temple is not built, it is as if it had been destroyed in their times" (Yerushalmi, Yoma 1a).

Re: Hamas says it's holding talks with 5 EU countries

I wouldn't be shocked, in the least, if Britain is at the top of the list; they are gutless panderers to Gaza, in particular Hamas... albeit under the table, sort-to speak. Not that I don't lump others in the same category.

Thread Information