Thread: Bibi Has Massive Lead Over Rivals: Poll

Bibi Has Massive Lead Over Rivals: Poll

Does anyone think the poor showing by Yacimovich, Lieberman, and Mofaz will entice Tzipi Livni to form her own party?

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu can rest easy after reading the results of the latest Haaretz-Dialog poll: Not only does he trounce all his rivals on the question of who is most fit to lead the country, but an absolute majority of Israelis reject the aspersions cast on him last week by former Shin Bet security service chief Yuval Diskin.

Judging by this poll, Netanyahu is the only candidate with a realistic slot of becoming prime minister after the election slated to take place in another four months.

Asked which candidate is most suited to hold the job, 48 percent of respondents said Netanyahu. That is considerably more support than the other three candidates received put together.

His closest rival, Shelly Yacimovich (Labor ), got only 15 percent support. Next came Avigdor Lieberman (Yisrael Beiteinu ) with nine percent, and finally Shaul Mofaz (Kadima ) with six percent. That is a blow to Mofaz, who has been presenting himself as Netanyahu’s only realistic rival...
    source: http://forward.com/articles/155699/b...icks_feed=true
    "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither, let my tongue cleave to my palate if I do not remember you, if I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy." (Ps. 137: 5-7)"

"Any generation in which the Temple is not built, it is as if it had been destroyed in their times" (Yerushalmi, Yoma 1a).

Re: Bibi Has Massive Lead Over Rivals: Poll

The last thing we need is another party. And Tsipi has shown herself to be incompetent anyway. There is also Yayir Lapid's party and despite his denials, he has announced the color of his campaign today in a diatribe against the Haredim. Right in his father's footsteps.

Personally, I think Tsipi fits neither in Likud nor in Labor. I am the only one saying this so far, but in my opinion, she fits well with the old Shinui (she hates Shas with a passion) an I don't exclude therefore that she would go with Lapid.
    There is also Barak's new party. Yehimovitch and Lapid will try to enlist the leftist social protest.

Thread Information