Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Will A Second Obama Term Mean for the US and Israel?

What Will A Second Obama Term Mean for the US and Israel?

Well, we all know of the tragic results of the US presidential election. The U.S. is now a country broken in half, with a failed, lame-duck president who has no clear mandate to govern (but still will).

From a practical point of view, nothing much has changed. The House of Representatives is still controlled by Republicans, while the Senate is controlled by the Obama regime, which also occupies the White House. That means another four years of gridlock, unless there is a profound and unexpected change in Obama's ability to work well with all Americans. But that is doubtful, because Obama doesn't even pretend to represent all Americans.

But what has changed as of now, is that with such a narrow "victory," half of all Americans despise Obama and/or his policies, and deeply resent their fellow citizens who reelected him.

For all intents and purposes, America is now a broken country, weaker than ever before in history. And the pace of America's decline will accelerate as Obama drags us deeper and deeper into national debt, while alienating those who provide jobs in the private sector and pay the vast majority of the taxes.

As for America, there is a fair chance that the economy will improve despite Obama's efforts to torpedo it. I'm actually much more optimistic about the economy improving than I am about the social divide improving. After all, setting one group of Americans against the other is at the very core of Obama's policies.

As for Israel, Obama has a terrible relationship with Israel's leadership, like no other American president has ever had. He has humiliated Netanyahu, Israel, and all American Jews, for that matter. But he has always wanted to get his hands on the money of Jewish donors, so he kept his mouth shut as the elections approached. But now that Obama is a lame-duck president, he's no longer beholden to the misguided Jews who worked to reelect him. In fact, he's much more beholden to the Democrat party, which is increasingly publicly anti-Semitic, as we've seen first hand during the Democratic convention of 2012.

But enough about what I think. If you had to pull out your crystal ball and made predictions, what would they be?
    "All we are saying is give peace a chance." - John Lennon

Re: What Will A Second Obama Term Mean for the US and Israel?

I think he will lean on Israel heavily and expect the Israeli government to make concessions. And if that won't bring a peace deal, he will lean on Israel even more ...
    Idealism increases in direct proportion to one's distance from the problem.
    Author: John Galsworthy 1867-1933, British Novelist, Playwright

I was/am not exactly Obama's biggest fan (granted I don't think Romney would have been a knight in shining armor either), but for better or for worse, America has spoken. I am not as up on American politics as I am on Israel, so I will let those who live in America comment on that.

As far as Israel, we have elections here coming up on January 22. It is up to our leaders to grow a spine and then everyone else (including the American President, Obama or whoever is president in the future) will respect us. I am happy to learn that Naphtali Bennett has been chosen as leader of Mafdal (the National Religious Party), so I will probably go with them.

Yesterday, the American people made their choice; In another 2.5 months the Israeli people will make theirs.
    "Study astronomy and physics if you desire to comprehend the relation between the world and G-d's management of it." - RaMBaM (Maimonides), Guide For The Perplexed

Quote Originally Posted by Aliyah1995 View Post
    for better or for worse, America has spoken.
    Yes. And what they said is that fully half of all Americans don't consider Obama worthy of reelection.

I guess I am not familiar with the intricacies enough to know if the electorate system is fairer than the populist system or not. I guess that would be a separate thread.
    "Study astronomy and physics if you desire to comprehend the relation between the world and G-d's management of it." - RaMBaM (Maimonides), Guide For The Perplexed

We have elected more career politicians, and, instead of seeking guidance from above, we looked at our bank account and who will fill it the fastest and the fullest.
    American people have become too complacent, too self absorbed and too superficial to think ahead. So basically, we got what we deserved, and others may have to suffer for it, i.e. Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsGuy View Post
    Yes. And what they said is that fully half of all Americans don't consider Obama worthy of reelection.
    Almost half. And even more Americans thought Romney would have been disastrous for the country, including approximately 70% of American Jews, myself included.
    "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither, let my tongue cleave to my palate if I do not remember you, if I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy." (Ps. 137: 5-7)"

"Any generation in which the Temple is not built, it is as if it had been destroyed in their times" (Yerushalmi, Yoma 1a).

Quote Originally Posted by dayag View Post
    Almost half. And even more Americans thought Romney would have been disastrous for the country, including approximately 70% of American Jews, myself included.
    Actually, we do have a very clear picture of who voted for Obama. Even the Leftist publications are reporting it: The vast majority of Whites voted for Romney. And an even larger majority of Blacks and Hispanics voted for Obama. This is purely a racist matter, nothing to do with Romney, other than he happens to be the wrong color to be elected president. The Jewish vote is even less relevant than ever in comparison with the "new face of America."

The fact that my fellow Jews support a party that is openly anti-Semitic isn't a huge surprise, because we Jews are well known throughout history to commit political suicide.

Actually, we do have a very clear picture of who voted for Obama. Even the Leftist publications are reporting it: The vast majority of Whites voted for Romney. And an even larger majority of Blacks and Hispanics voted for Obama. This is purely a racist matter, nothing to do with Romney, other than he happens to be the wrong color to be elected president. The Jewish vote is even less relevant than ever in comparison with the "new face of America."

The fact that my fellow Jews support a party that is openly anti-Semitic isn't a huge surprise, because we Jews are well known throughout history to commit political suicide.
    Romney lost because of racism against whites? Blacks and Hispanics had very good reasons to vote for President Obama. They would have voted for any Democratic candidate running against Romney. I think many more people voted against Obama for racist reasons.

The Democratic party is openly anti-Semitic? What because in a half-empty convention hall some people shouted against changes to the platform? A platform that was already pro-Israel.
    "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither, let my tongue cleave to my palate if I do not remember you, if I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy." (Ps. 137: 5-7)"

"Any generation in which the Temple is not built, it is as if it had been destroyed in their times" (Yerushalmi, Yoma 1a).

How in the world would Romney have disastrous for the country?

I have been through five recessions in my lifetime. The recession that Reagan inherited from carter had 18 percent mortgage rates and stagflation. In each case we were out of them in a couple of years. In each case the economy bounced back as much as it decreased during the worst of the recession. We are going on four years with no bounce back and with Obama care you will not see a recovery next year.

Blacks and Hispanics had very good reasons to vote for President Obama. They would have voted for any Democratic candidate running against Romney. I think many more people voted against Obama for racist reasons.
    [...]
    The Democratic party is openly anti-Semitic?
    As much as you'd like to deny it, the numbers published today by every news outlet show that the vast majority of whites voted for Romney, and an even bigger majority of Blacks and Hispanics voted for Obama. Those are the facts. The country is split down the middle based on race, or what they now call "The changing face of America." But I think it's simply the changing work ethic that is all about what people can take from others instead of earning it. It's the America of food stamps, welfare, and an entitlement to the money earned by other people vs. hard-working successful Americans who live within their means.

And, yes, the Democrats are openly anti-Semitic, as much as it must be disappointing to you. What's pretty hilarious is seeing my fellow Jews who have been such loyal Democrats still denying what every person in this country saw with their own eyes during the Democratic Convention of 2012. The Muslims, Blacks, and radical Leftists stood and shouted down Obama's pathetic attempt to restore the pro-Israel provisions that are stripped out of the platform intentionally. We all saw the majority of the Dems oppose restoring the provisions, and the embarrassed Villaraigosa having to call for a vote three times, before going against the wishes of the majority and restoring the provisions after Obama feared losing his Jewish donors.
    Last edited by NewsGuy; 11-08-2012 at 09:57 AM. Reason: typo as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by Ephraim View Post
    We are going on four years with no bounce back and with Obama care you will not see a recovery next year.
    But from the Democrat voters' point of view, their "economy" is going very well, since their president has given them more food stamps, more welfare, and more of other people's money than ever before. So for the Dems, their government entitlement economy is actually booming.

As for Obama care harming the economy, they couldn't care less. They're not interested in jobs anyway, since working is no longer required in Obama's America. They just go to their mailbox and collect their government checks. Where that money comes from is of no concern to them, otherwise they never would have voted for Obama in the first place.

My ? to you, NewsGuy is this: where do you (and the rest of the close to 50% of Americans who did not vote for Obama) go from here? The bottom line is Obama won. Whether it is because of his race, policies, or a combination of both, this election is not going to be undone. There is no turning back the clock. So, what are your plans from here on out. This is not a fascitious (sp?) question. I am curious as to what you (not just you, but you for example) plan on doing. Do you plan on taking part in politics (local or otherwise) to try to lobby laws to be passed that are more in agreement with your outlook? Is there anything else you and like-minded individuals can constructively do to work with what there is (like you said, the House is still predominately Republican).

This is a non-partisan ? I would be asking Dayag the same thing if Obama had lost....

As much as you'd like to deny it, the numbers published today by every news outlet show that the vast majority if whites voted for Romney,
    More bad news; NewsGuy. Guess who a large chunk of the Whites who DIDN"T vote for Romney were......2012 results just in.

Evangelicals 79% Romney 21% Obama
    Mormons 78% Romney 22% Obama
    Other Protestant 57% Romney 43% Obama
    Catholic 48% Romney 52% Obama
    Jewish 30% Romney 70% Obama

source: Pew Research Forum on Religion in Public Life

We are told the Lib Democrats do not support Israel very much; as a conservative Christian I have to admit that I am feeling pretty frustrated that my kind apparenty support Israel more than the Jews support Israel.

My feeling today is that I am going to support Obama's position on Israel henceforth. If Obama wants to change the Capitol of Israel to a deli on 3rd Avenue, I am with him.

Lol It means Israel is on its own, Obama aint gonna help against Iran,Israel need to think of a new strategy , A preemptive strike seems daunting now that netanyahu managed to pick a scruf with obama, all he can wish is to loose the re election and never have to deal with obama again.
    "Almost every wise saying has an opposite one, no less wise, to balance it."

Thread Information