Thread: IDF fires warning shot into Syria after shell hits Golan

IDF fires warning shot into Syria after shell hits Golan

Things heating up in the north.

The IDF fired a warning shot at the Syrian military on Sunday, after a Syrian shell landed in the Golan Heights for the second time in recent days...

At the same time, Israel sent a warning message to the UN, saying that any further firing into Israel will result "in a real response," sources added.

Israel limited its return fire, since its policy is to only fire intensively in response to coming under major Syrian fire. "We didn't continue firing because this was one mortar we were responding to," the source said.

"We will not accept any firing into our territory," he added. "This was a signal to the Syrians, that we will not be so forgiving of everything that lands in a territory." The source stressed that as of now, Israel and Syria were not a in a conflict situation...
    source: http://www.jpost.com/Defense/Article.aspx?id=291326
    "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither, let my tongue cleave to my palate if I do not remember you, if I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy." (Ps. 137: 5-7)"

"Any generation in which the Temple is not built, it is as if it had been destroyed in their times" (Yerushalmi, Yoma 1a).

Re: IDF fires warning shot into Syria after shell hits Golan

I have a feeling like terrorists/insurgents doing it on purpose to pull neighboring countries in there. This might be a trick.

I think Syrians cant aim straight.

I'm counting the days when we get floods of refugies from there. Probably Druse first.

israel will never get syrian arab regugees in any large numbers as the arab psych is that they are 'too proud' to ask israel for help, they would rather get shelled to death than make their eternal enemy israel/jews look like kind humanitarians, that would not be a good look in the arab world/media, israelis helping syrian refugees, that would hurt the arab cause which is israels destruction. i believe that 110% and no one can convince me otherwise, i know its true.
    "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time"
    Abraham Lincoln

God laughs at the judgment of the wicked
    Psalms 37:13

You make an assumption that there are only Arabs in Syria, and then that secular Arabism is still a factor to condend with long term.

Your assumptions are unwaranted. If they were correct then your proposition would be, no doubt, as well. But they are not, prima facie; there are Druse, circassians, kurds, armenians, orthodox, assyrian and maronite christians and alawis to boot. Some of the latter are self designated as "arabs", but the nature of the civil war belies that notion. Nasserism and bathism are long over.

The pyramid scheme of the ummah is the only thing in effect I'd argue- the shia and their supporters vie for it, but will loose as MB and Salafists will consolidate ideologically in the coming few years, as they've mostly done thus far.

Yeah, in the end these Arab revolutions are basically a restoration of Sunni power in the Arab world. Or that's how I see it, at least.

i disagree with you bar, israeli will not see large numbers of refugees from syria, because they are too proud to have the world see israelis helping muslims, it would be a bad look in the muslim world for media to show jews helping muslims, i know its sad, but thats just the way it is unfortunately with these peoples mindset.
    "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time"
    Abraham Lincoln

God laughs at the judgment of the wicked
    Psalms 37:13

Did you read my post JM?

Except for nominally a few hundred Circassians, and Kurds- who would flee to Iraq not to Israel, *none* of the people I mentioned are Muslim.

Alawis are completely secular and hated by actual Muslims. Ditto Druse. Syria is 10-12% Christian of various denominations. This civil war, if it's about anything, is about what it means to be "Arab". And it is a good thing. The bloody Baathists, the elites of whom where never Muslim, used us Jews as the fall guy in the ME. They built their regimes on our backs.

Now they get their comeuppance. But, we should not be vindictive, but rather be bygons... we should rescue as many as possible, and regionalize publically (it is so in reality as I've always stated) the I-"P" conflict into a ME conflict of endogenous populations vs Arabist imperialism and colonialism, which it has been for over a thousand years in a number of guises.

Thread Information