Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel Kills Head of Hamas Military Wing!

Israel Kills Head of Hamas Military Wing!

Following more than 160 rockets which were launched by the ruling Islamist militant organization Hamas at Israeli civilians in the past 48 hours, the IDF has struck back.

This was a targeted strike, designed to avoid causing unnecessary civilian casualties among the Arabs in Gaza.

The dead terror leader, Ahmed Said Khalil al-Jabari was responsible for kidnapping Gilad Shalit, for planning several terror attacks against Israeli civilians, and ordering the firing of thousands of rockets into Israeli population centers.

At the same time, Israel also destroyed the majority of Hamas' long-range missiles, which were sent to Hamas by Iran, contrary to international law.

Since the killing of the terror chief:

* The Palestinians have fired barrages of rockets into Israel, 17 of which were intercepted by the Iron Dome defense system, but some have hit the major Israeli city of Beer Sheva.

* Egypt has withdrawn its ambassador to Israel, contrary to the peace agreement with Israel.

* Egypt has expelled the Israeli ambassador serving in Cairo, contrary to the peace agreement with Israel.

* The Palestinian terror groups have made an official declaration of war against Israel and stated that "Israel has opened the gates of hell."

From news article:

The head of the military wing of the Palestinian Islamist group Hamas has been killed during Israeli air and naval strikes in the Gaza Strip.

Ahmed Said Khalil al-Jabari and another Hamas official died when the car they were in was hit in Gaza City.

It follows a wave of rocket attacks against Israel from the territory.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the military was prepared to broaden its operation against Hamas targets in Gaza.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20328579

"All we are saying is give peace a chance." - John Lennon

Re: Israel Kills Head of Hamas Military Wing!

Sad to report: First Israeli casualties.

This morning (Israel time), Palestinian terrorists firing more than 100 rockets overnight, hit an apartment building in Israel, killing three Israeli citizens who were at home at the time. Other reports say four Israelis killed in two separate incidents in the town of Kiryat Malachi.

The Palestinians also fired rockets into an Israeli school that was damaged, but there were no students there at the time, luckily.

If Israel intended to restore its deterrent, it doesn't look like the terrorists have gotten the message yet.

and surprise surprise, the 'pals' run to the anti semtic UN for an urgent security council meeting, what a joke, hundreds of syrians are murdered every day, yet the arab league and their supporters prefer to focus on israel surgically targetting and killing a hamas terrorist, and accidently killing 6 or whatever bystanders, unlike hamas who Purposely target civillians.

This just shows that the muslims hate jews x100,000 times more just because israel kills one muslim terrorist, than they hate other muslims who kill tens of thousands of other muslims.(in syria)

and the media again blame israel for its 'occupation', which is a blatant lie as we all here know, but it just adds fuel to the fire of anti israel feelings around the world, which im guessing is the medias aim for whatever reason.

and i love how they call israels defensive measures RETALIATION, which is the biggest joke of all, if israel were to retailate, there would be piles of people in the streets with no one to bury them, what israel has done is to bring justice to someone who has organised terrorist attacks, kidnappings and firing of missiles into israeli civillians ON PURPOSE, but the media wont say this will they, we wouldnt want 1Billion+ angry muslims buring down the BBC or CCN etcc would we, so its easier to just blame the jew, like it has been for millenia.
    "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time"
    Abraham Lincoln

God laughs at the judgment of the wicked
    Psalms 37:13

good show, IDF.

Quote Originally Posted by sharonbn View Post
    good show, IDF.
    hi sharonbn, but just wanted to ask you, do you think this new israeli attempt to stop hamas will work LONG TERM??

just answer this, dont go off on some other topic, or answer me with another question , just tell us, do you think israel JUST targetting one hamas leader and destroying a few weapons workshops, and a few rocket lauching sites here and there will bring peace and security to the south of israel, long term, yes or no.
    "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time"
    Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by NewsGuy View Post
    Sad to report: First Israeli casualties.

This morning (Israel time), Palestinian terrorists firing more than 100 rockets overnight, hit an apartment building in Israel, killing three Israeli citizens who were at home at the time. Other reports say four Israelis killed in two separate incidents in the town of Kiryat Malachi.

The Palestinians also fired rockets into an Israeli school that was damaged, but there were no students there at the time, luckily.

If Israel intended to restore its deterrent, it doesn't look like the terrorists have gotten the message yet.
    like you said the other day newsguy, a few israeli hits here and there on hamas controlled gaza will not bring LT peace, just another operation cast lead will stop hamas rockets for a few months or maybe a couple of yrs, like last time, but they will simply find a new leader, which is easy because all of them are filled with utter hatred for the israeli state, and this game will continue for another few decades with no end in sight, except israelis in the south continueing to live in constant fear of hamas rocket attacks, i know what to do but people here say deportation is a 'war crime', well so be it.
    Abraham Lincoln

do you think this new israeli attempt to stop Hamas will work LONG TERM?? no
    I don't think (or know) of anything Israel can do to stop Hamas.

Quote Originally Posted by sharonbn View Post
    do you think this new israeli attempt to stop Hamas will work LONG TERM?? no
    I don't think (or know) of anything Israel can do to stop Hamas.
    It's possible that the problem of Palestinian terrorism needs to be viewed like a restaurant that has roaches. Once a month, a pest control company is called in to fumigate and it solves the problem temporarily, but not permanently. So, the next month, the pest control company comes again and fumigates.

The bigger issue is that this time, Iran's weapons have been used by Hamas to reach the Tel Aviv area. This means that the Palestinians will have to be made to pay a higher price than ever before, if this latest round of violence is to have any benefit at all.

It's possible that every luxury hotel, shopping center, and mall that has been built in Gaza in the past few years with Persian Gulf Arab investors' money, will need to be destroyed, so that the rich Arabs can understand that there is a price for them to pay, too, for supporting Hamas.

But more than that, Israel needs to systematically bring down the current Hamas leadership and infrastructure, from police stations to community centers and communications infrastructure, as well.

It's also possible that this time, Israel needs to reoccupy all the land given to Hamas, where Gush Katif used to be, and then some. That would be an effective message to the Arabs.

Quote Originally Posted by JerichoMissile View Post
    i know what to do but people here say deportation is a 'war crime', well so be it.
    Exactly right. Worrying about what the Europeans will think about Israel's war against terror, is a losing proposition for Israel.

Exactly right. Worrying about what the Europeans will think about Israel's war against terror, is a losing proposition for Israel.
    Just for the record, I am not sure that you read what JerichoMissile's proposal was regarding Gaza. He proposed that Israel should take over Gaza and expel ALL it's 1.6 million inhabitants.

IMHO if Israel would do that, the Europeans and others, including the US would not just THINK badly about Israel but they would ACT AGAINST Israel. IMHO, such a stupid act by Israel (not that I think that anyone sane over there even contemplates it) would endanger Israel's very existence.

What do you think Newsguy?
    Idealism increases in direct proportion to one's distance from the problem.
    Author: John Galsworthy 1867-1933, British Novelist, Playwright

Reffo, that's a good question. I only wish that it was possible to really separate Israel from the Arabs. I wish that Gaza could be emptied of its radical Islamic element (which is most of the population), and I wish that Israel could expel its own Muslim citizens/enemies who demonstrated today IN ISAREL in support of Hamas, at the very same time that Hamas was firing missiles into Tel Aviv and other Israeli cities. I don't really believe that there will ever be real peace between Israel and the Arabs.

But, is it practical to expel that many people from Gaza? I don't think so, unfortunately. I would assume that marching the Palestinians across the border to Egypt's Sinai would entail a full-scale war with Egypt and it is likely that the Europeans would cut off all trade with Israel, something they would love to do anyway.

On the other hand, if Israel came under intense pressure from the Europeans regarding this operation or a war with Iran, Or - if Israel took major casualties in any war, then I would say that all bets are off. In that case, Israel should seriously consider a separation from the Arabs on all fronts.

Reffo, that's a good question. I only wish that it was possible to really separate Israel from the Arabs. I wish that Gaza could be emptied of its radical Islamic element (which is most of the population), and I wish that Israel could expel its own Muslim citizens/enemies who demonstrated today IN ISAREL in support of Hamas, at the very same time that Hamas was firing missiles into Tel Aviv and other Israeli cities. I don't really believe that there will ever be real peace between Israel and the Arabs.

But, is it practical to expel that many people from Gaza? I don't think so, unfortunately. I would assume that marching the Palestinians across the border to Egypt's Sinai would entail a full-scale war with Egypt and it is likely that the Europeans would cut off all trade with Israel, something they would love to do anyway.

On the other hand, if Israel came under intense pressure from the Europeans regarding this operation or a war with Iran, Or - if Israel took major casualties in any war, then I would say that all bets are off. In that case, Israel should seriously consider a separation from the Arabs on all fronts.
    I agree with you and I vehemently disagree with JerichoMissile. Unfortunately Israel has no simple answers at it's disposal. Israel has to be realistic even if in the short term reality is painful.

However, the bright side is that Israel WILL WIN in the long term if it holds its nerve. In fact, my firm belief is that Israel cannot lose in the long term. The fanatic Arabs are the ones who WILL lose in the long term. I know this because all one has to do is watch the historical trend. In spite of short term set backs at times, overall Israel has been going from strength to strength while the Arabs are falling apart at the seams in front of our eyes. And it will keep on happening to them till they come to their senses and gain a hold on the reality that Israel will stay where it is, as the nation state of the Jewish people, for the remainder of human history.

Quote Originally Posted by Newsguy
    On the other hand, if Israel came under intense pressure from the Europeans regarding this operation or a war with Iran, Or - if Israel took major casualties in any war, then I would say that all bets are off. In that case, Israel should seriously consider a separation from the Arabs on all fronts
    Just for the record. For emphasis. I agree with every word in the above quote of Newsguy, and then some ...

Lets quantify it, and then you have your red line.

Quote Originally Posted by bar-arallu View Post
    Lets quantify it, and then you have your red line.
    With the likes of Hamas, I would rather work it the other way around.

I would rather keep on upping the ante with them and every time they stick their heads up to hurt Israel, I would hit them harder and harder where it hurts them most. Then when they put their hands up and pretend to want to negotiate in order to gain some respite, I would hit them even harder till they really get desperate for respite. Then hit them more before letting them rest. And as I said, up the anti even more if they stick their heads up to hurt Israel the next time after they rest ...

The problem with setting red lines with Hamas and their ilk is that they will keep on testing the red lines. In fact that's what they have been doing for years. Testing Israel's patience. We should turn the tables on them and start testing THEIR patience instead till they get desperate to negotiate a respite, ANY respite.

Thread Information