Thread: Un-scrambling The Egg

Un-scrambling The Egg

The following news item speaks for itself. No further comment from me needed.

http://www.jpost.com/DiplomacyAndPol...aspx?id=297664

A senior Muslim Brotherhood official called on Jews who immigrated to Israel from Egypt to return to Egypt and leave Israel to the Palestinians, Egyptian daily Al-Masry Al-Youm reported on Friday
    But I will say this: They f....ed up. They mercilessly persecuted Egyptian Jews. They treated Jews like third class citizens and eventually expelled all their Jews, but they now invite Jews to unscramble the egg. I wonder how many Egyptian Jews will "form a stampede" to take up this "generous" offer?
    Last edited by Reffo; 12-28-2012 at 12:50 PM.
    Idealism increases in direct proportion to one's distance from the problem.
    Author: John Galsworthy 1867-1933, British Novelist, Playwright

Re: Un-scrambling The Egg

From the article ...

Jews living in Israel were contributing to the occupation of Arab lands, according to Al-Masry Al-Youm
    I thought Egypt was Arab land but they want Jews in Egypt?

Hmmmmm, let's put one and one together. They don't want Jews to "occupy" Arab lands. So what would happen to Jews who would be foolish enough to listen to this ... no, I won't call him the name that I was thinking of. What would happen to those Jews? They would be murdered. And at the same time, there would be less Jews in Israel. This ..... MB man has a mind like a steel trap. But my guess is that most Jewish mothers of Egyptian origin did not give birth to foolish people. So if I would be him, I would not hold my breath waiting for Jews to return to that s....hole that Egypt has become.

Dhimitude is completely acceptable. Read all about it.

My GF's saba used to pay jizia on his knees in Yemen, ritually slapped across his face by his shiek. This is when one of my grandfathers was defending his Phd in Lithuania, and the other running a factory in Romania with 200 people under his employ. As hard as it was in the pale of settlement, European Jews generally have no effin clue what Arabs are all about, and what Jewish existence was like in much of the ME, scarcely 100 years ago.

Extortion and humiliation... exactly what they accuse us of. I hope everyone remembers that when they hear the latter word leave arab lips.

Thinking, not just remembering, B. People must think...beyond their own horizon, as difficult as it is.
    Pray for the peace of Israel

There are two contexts for this sudden nostalgia by Arab countries for their Jews.

One is the international recognition that the Jews from Arab countries have been wronged, as well as the campaign led by Danny Ayalon "I am a refugee", where you see black on white Egyptian or Iraqi documents expelling Jews from their homes and seizing their assets businesses and bank accounts. This makes a solution to the Palestinian and the Jewish refugees dependent on each other where you cannot solve one without the other.

The second is totally independent of the conflict (or so it appears). It is the Spanish offer to award automatic citizenship to the Sepharadim (based on proof of identity) who are also an important part of the Jewish refugee population but not limited to those in Israel.
    This Spanish offer is more important to the Muslim world than the Palestinian refugees issue. They are now demanding that the descendants of Muslims expelled from Spain after the Reconquista get the same deal as the Sephardic Jews.

So, expect more offers to return to Arab countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Thinking, not just remembering, B. People must think...beyond their own horizon, as difficult as it is.
    Very true Madeline. Remembering is just the beginning of the process. Critical thought has probably expired within the majority of most western nations . Immediate gratification, and just-so stories promulgated by the sordid press, are predominant.

It's hard to discuss things on even a very basic level of assumptions- like what does "peace" actually mean to people (vs selling your enemies rope to hang you with in hudnas etc), what does "prosperity" promise one? (rather short term reward and willful ignorance).

For me it's all about first principles, rather than pragmatics- which people, even on the right, even on here, are badly mistaken about. You dont have an opportunity for a "balanced view" in a kulturkampf after all, much less a shooting war... it's a recipe for abject failure.

Quote Originally Posted by bar-arallu
    For me it's all about first principles, rather than pragmatics- which people, even on the right, even on here, are badly mistaken about. You dont have an opportunity for a "balanced view" in a kulturkampf after all, much less a shooting war... it's a recipe for abject failure
    Nothing wrong with pragmatism per se. But there is a time and place for everything. So when one is up against fanatics. One has to fight fire with fire. That concept itself is pragmatic. To do whatever is necessary to get to where one wants to get to.

Pragmatism is not choosing to be weak. It is choosing to be wise. The key phrase is:

"Horses for courses"

just for fun...its called "enduring injustice" there is even a book about it. The whole concept being that, some "people" just can't get over the wrong that was done to their great great great grandfather and they are forever "doomed" unless it gets fixed.

thats part of the concept of "fixing". Part of the solutions is "reparations for the blacks of america who have been so psychologically scarred by being slaves once, that they simply can't get over it. Of course the Chinks er Chinese immigrants to the US have also been scarred, and they too need some help. And it goes without question that the Palestinians need a lot more help for their "enduing injustice" after all, creating a culture that sends in suicide bombers, attacks children houses is clearly a culture in need of help.....

And egypts offer?.....well clearly the jewish Israelis have a problem, probably related to the last 2,000 years, hence the fix is "to take them under protective custody" where we will be cared for....

another example where you'll find progressive left meets muslim far right....bedfellows all the way

Thread Information