Thread: A Continent of Losers

A Continent of Losers

An interview with the German sociologist, Gunnar Heinshon. Very interesting ...

Interview: A Continent of Losers

While the European populations are shrinking and the best-qualified young people are leaving, we continue to allow mass immigration of unqualified Muslims, who will soon make our welfare states collapse. Add to this the fact that the Muslim world has built up a "youth bulge", which according to experience will lead to mass murder and whose effects cannot be offset by foreign aid. The originator of these bleak predictions is the German sociologist Gunnar Heinsohn, who believes that the game is over for Europe
    According to Heinsohn, 80 per cent of world history is about young men in nations with a surplus of sons, creating trouble. This trouble may take many forms — a increase in domestic crime, attempts at coups d'état, revolutions, riots and civil wars. Occasionally, the young commit genocide to secure for themselves the positions that belonged to those they killed. Finally, there is war to conquer new territory, killing the enemy population and replacing it with one's own
    More interesting stuff in that interview, read it. Some of it is scary. Especially if you are European. The "youth bulge" idea seems to me to ring true. Any other opinions?
    Idealism increases in direct proportion to one's distance from the problem.
    Author: John Galsworthy 1867-1933, British Novelist, Playwright

Re: A Continent of Losers

Similar happenings here, from both 'worlds', Muslim and Hispanic, and there is nothing anyone can do except learn a language or change religion, just to fit in.
    Pray for the peace of Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Similar happenings here, from both 'worlds', Muslim and Hispanic, and there is nothing anyone can do except learn a language or change religion, just to fit in.
    Wow, I did not think the US has the same predicament as Europe. Australia certainly does not. At least not yet.

But it is interesting that Heinshon writes this:

But if I were an 18-year-old ethnic German, done with high school, then I would do like most others are already doing. I would want to study in the Anglo-Saxon world and then I would emigrate. I would not want to stay and fight. The Anglo-Saxon world needs 50 million well-qualified immigrants within the next 30-40 years, so well-qualified young people from Western Europe will have every incentive to go there instead of staying and fighting."

Look up the Muslim population of Hamtramck or Dearborn, MI.

On the other side of the spectrum, foreigners who are unwilling to learn the language are being catered to. Not all, mind you, but we have to select
    1 for English
    2 for Spanish

How sad is that?
    Pray for the peace of Israel

On the other side of the spectrum, foreigners who are unwilling to learn the language are being catered to. Not all, mind you, but we have to select
    1 for English
    2 for Spanish

How sad is that?
    I think a backlash is coming. And as usual, there will be many innocent people hurt unfortunately.

When will it happen? I don't know. But my fear is that the whole world is heading for a big mess. I remember Professor Erlich talking about the population explosion 30 years ago. In a way he predicted some of this but scientific break-throughs (more efficient agricultural practices) delayed the consequences. I don't know though what scientific break-throughs can prevent the effects of the sociological time bombs that Heinshon is talking about.

1 for English
    2 for Spanish

How sad is that?
    Worse, we now have numerous Spanish language cable TV channels. New immigrants who might otherwise learn English by immersion can end up in households where their children only hear Spanish at home. Very counter-productive, in my opinion. Nothing to be done about it though, it's just a market response to a growing market segment.

There was a documentary recently which included a visit to an English primary school where it was not unusual to have classes where up to 27 different languages were spoken in each class. The teachers had to resort to sign language and pictures
    Last edited by Bill Sticker; 02-02-2013 at 06:43 PM.
    Help end "CULTURAL CLEANSING"

Theres a lot to take in here and my initial read of the professors thesis was missing the point. It seems that when the male population of any given national group reaches a critical mass in age range and education levels they are preoredained by their environment and other factors towards violence. This really feeds my tendancy for pessimism and I find it's inevitability depressing.

It then occured to me that this theory could be condensed into a mathematical formulae. Not by me of course I wouldnt know where to start but im sure theres someone out there could produce one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Sticker View Post
    Theres a lot to take in here and my initial read of the professors thesis was missing the point. It seems that when the male population of any given national group reaches a critical mass in age range and education levels they are preoredained by their environment and other factors towards violence. This really feeds my tendancy for pessimism and I find it's inevitability depressing.
    There is definitely room for pessimism. Particularly since most western governments haven't yet recognised the problem. Or if they have, then they are keeping their heads in the sand about it.

I also think that the author pointed to a solution of sorts when he said this:

"But remember that this 30 per cent group of young men will not pose any danger if they are hungry or lack education. To be dangerous they must be in good physical and mental shape."
    Yet, for instance, the world has been financing the Palestinian Arab youth bulge through the UN and various NGOs for 64 years. One has to ask the question, is it too late to stop this madness? After all, without financing it, the bulge may not have even happened because parents would make the same decisions as parents everywhere. If they can have a reasonable life, financially, with one or two children or poverty with 7 children, they would have fewer children. But if all 7 children are supported by welfare, what's to stop them from having 7 children?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Stricker
    It then occured to me that this theory could be condensed into a mathematical formulae. Not by me of course I wouldnt know where to start but im sure theres someone out there could produce one.
    I am sure it has been done. I'll do a search.

Here is one scholarly article about the youth bulge which gives you all the mathematics that you want and more:

http://escholarship.org/uc/item/79t737gt#page-1

If you want more articles, just google the phrase "mathematical model of the youth bulge". There are dozens maybe hundreds of articles about it.

i think its going to be a slow downhill march...nothing really noticeable at least not enough to cause the professional elite/political class to risk their own livelihoods.

I read once, where the brits knew the "sun had set" on the empire and their job was to make the downgrading as painless as possible.

The only real disruption that may occur is if things get really bad as in germany in the 1930s and hitler style leader appears, to really shake things up, otherwise it will be decades long slow degradation with the group that believes the most in their culture and are willing to sacrifice for it, will be the winner

guess which one that is?

I think we can rely on our American cousins to sort out any Hitler types after all it took a while but the got Bin Laden in the end also whilst the UK didnt get its hands dirty Saddam Hussein didnt get to control our oil for too long either

Thread Information