Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lib Dem MP David Ward suggests 'the Jews' had not learned the lessons of the Holocaus

Re: Lib Dem MP David Ward suggests 'the Jews' had not learned the lessons of the Holo

It is really sad that there is still an anti Jewish bias in the UK, despite the fact that there are many jews living in the United Kingdom. I still remember even at school teachers and my fellow students would say some snide insults against Jews directed at me. Recently, I had a patient from Abu Dhabi whose family refused me treating the young man simply because I am a British Israeli. They did not hesitate to tell me what they thought about Israel and the Jewish people. It is really unfortunate that such sentiment still exists in the modern world we live in.

Re: Lib Dem MP David Ward suggests 'the Jews' had not learned the lessons of the Holo

Why in the world does everyone and their uncle think they can tell us Jews what lessons we should learn from the Holocaust?!?! Do they tell the American blacks what lessons they should learn from having suffered slavery or the South African blacks what lessons they should have learned from suffering apartheid in SA or the Armenians what lessons they should have learned from their Holocaust? I mean seriously!!!!
    "Study astronomy and physics if you desire to comprehend the relation between the world and G-d's management of it." - RaMBaM (Maimonides), Guide For The Perplexed

Quote Originally Posted by Aliyah1995 View Post
    Why in the world does everyone and their uncle think they can tell us Jews what lessons we should learn from the Holocaust?!?! Do they tell the American blacks what lessons they should learn from having suffered slavery or the South African blacks what lessons they should have learned from suffering apartheid in SA or the Armenians what lessons they should have learned from their Holocaust? I mean seriously!!!!
    Because those who hate us, think that somehow we had the Holocaust coming to us. They are trying to tell us that we are inherently bad people who refuse to learn our lesson and that if we are not careful and mend our ways, we will have to have another Holocaust.

To make matters worse, they feel self righteous for taking the trouble to warn us to behave, before it is too late.
    Idealism increases in direct proportion to one's distance from the problem.
    Author: John Galsworthy 1867-1933, British Novelist, Playwright

Thread Information