Thread: Israel - Research And Innovation

Israel - Research And Innovation

In a breakthrough development, the Israeli company Vaxil BioTherapeutics has formulated a therapeutic cancer vaccine, now in clinical trials at Hadassah University Medical Center in Jerusalem. If all goes well, the vaccine could be available about six years down the road, to administer on a regular basis not only to help treat cancer but in order to keep the disease from recurring
    http://unitedwithisrael.org/israel-d...ancer-vaccine/

This is what israel's enemies are jealous of and are trying to destroy.
    Idealism increases in direct proportion to one's distance from the problem.
    Author: John Galsworthy 1867-1933, British Novelist, Playwright

Re: Israel - Research And Innovation

What's the most catastrophic illness that can befall us? To me, it's a spinal cord injury (SCI) that results in total paralysis. During a recent visit to Israel, I interviewed Dr.

Shimon Rochkind, world-renowned neurosurgeon at the Tel Aviv University Sourasky Medical Center, an expert on SCI.

Every year 12,000 North Americans sustain spinal cord injury. The people involved are usually under the age of 30 and 80% are males. Some, like Christopher Reeves of Superman fame, fall from horses. Others dive into shallow water or are involved in car accidents.

Dr. Rochkind has spent his life trying to accomplish what's said to be impossible. Time and time again we've been told that some tissues of the body can regenerate, but never the spinal cord. Christopher Reeves received the best treatment money could buy, but he never walked again. What I witnessed in Rochkind's laboratory shows that what we've accepted as gospel for centuries is no longer true.

Rochkind first showed me motion pictures of a rat running around his cage. Later, he surgically removed half a centimetre (a quarter of an inch) of the rat's spinal cord which resulted in complete paralysis of the hind legs. Normally without a complete spinal cord, the rat would never walk again.

But motion photos taken several weeks later revealed that the rat was now moving his legs. It was not doing so as perfectly as before, but good enough to get around his cage quickly
    I left Israel impressed and amazed at how this tiny country with no natural resources, fighting for its very existence since 1948, could accomplish so much in research. As they say, it's not the size of the dog that wins the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. And I'd predict that Dr. Rochkind's innovative work is headed for a Nobel Prize in medicine
    http://www.torontosun.com/2011/05/25...-cord-injuries

Yet over at that hate site, at the + 972 magazine, that arch carper who pretends to be an Israeli Jew of Iraqi descent, but who is a self confessed Marxist, makes comments like this:

“We’ll know now that every time Israel sends a rescue team to a disaster area it isn’t a humanitarian gesture. It’s a PR stunt.”
    And he calls us, Zionists, haters.

thats the standard reply to anything israel does.....

Quote Originally Posted by pelsar View Post
    thats the standard reply to anything israel does.....
    A sad witless lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffo View Post
    Yet over at that hate site, at the + 972 magazine, that arch carper who pretends to be an Israeli Jew of Iraqi descent, but who is a self confessed Marxist, makes comments like this:

And he calls us, Zionists, haters.
    Are you talking about "Philos"? I can't stand that poster. I loathe him almost as much as "Aristeides".
    "Study astronomy and physics if you desire to comprehend the relation between the world and G-d's management of it." - RaMBaM (Maimonides), Guide For The Perplexed

Quote Originally Posted by Aliyah1995 View Post
    Are you talking about "Philos"? I can't stand that poster. I loathe him almost as much as "Aristeides".
    I loathe Philos more than Aristeides.

Philos is either lying about being a Jewish Israeli or if he is not, then he is one of those types who turns and devours his own kind. The type that I mentioned on the other thread, "The Anti Israel Industry". On that thread I mentioned the new Quentin Tarantino film, Django. In that film, there is a black slave called Stephen who sells out his brothers to the plantation owner and imagines himself to be part of the white ruling class. But in reality, he is just a token black who is useful for his slave owning master. If Philos is really Jewish, he reminds me of that Stephen character.

At least Aristeides does not put on airs and graces. He is what he says he is, a non Jewish hater of Israel. I can live with that, he is not alone and we are used to them. But liars or snide sell outs, like Philos, I can't stand.

I would hate to make the Philoses of this world into liars so let me generate some more positive PR for Israel. Here is another Israeli innovation:

The new innovation uses solar energy panels to power the pumps of a desalination unit that generates clean water for crops. More importantly, the technology utilizes unique nanofiltration membranes that enable farmers to decide which minerals should be retained from the water to feed various types of crops, a method which requires much less energy
    http://blog.camera.org/archives/2012...aeli_de_1.html

So, to the Philoses of this world, the enemies of Israel who carp about Israeli PR. Please do us a favour and refrain from using Israeli innovations and technology. And I would also hate to see you benefiting from Israeli medical breakthroughs. Just go on putting up with your illnesses instead.

that doesn't work with them...if you try that angle: israeli inventions, patents etc and they should boycott all of them, basically it would mean they couldn't communicate their hatred/need for "justice" toward all things israel. The boycott movement for examples is a "luxury boycott" just things that they really dont need, that are easily replace and makes them feel good, anything that really disrupts their life style that uses Israeli brainpower, will not be boycotted (too much israel in google, microsoft, medical devices, medicines, phone infrastructure etc.

wimps....

that doesn't work with them...if you try that angle: israeli inventions, patents etc and they should boycott all of them, basically it would mean they couldn't communicate their hatred/need for "justice" toward all things israel. The boycott movement for examples is a "luxury boycott" just things that they really dont need, that are easily replace and makes them feel good, anything that really disrupts their life style that uses Israeli brainpower, will not be boycotted (too much israel in google, microsoft, medical devices, medicines, phone infrastructure etc.

wimps....
    And the good news is that the boycott is not likely to be effective at all with this degree of support among its most ardent supporters and no support from the other 99%.

on the more humorous side of that "coin"....all we have to start doing is putting in some "nano robots" in our medical hardware, special programs in our software (such as telephone billing and banking), a few extras in google and windows...

and in fact we can "control the world"

the "elders of zion" had the right idea, just a bit early

wimps....
    So they are the "reform" boycott movement
    "Study astronomy and physics if you desire to comprehend the relation between the world and G-d's management of it." - RaMBaM (Maimonides), Guide For The Perplexed

One of the most common causes of back pain is spinal stenosis of the lower back – a narrowing of the spinal canal that causes pressure on the spinal cord and nerve roots. Fixing the problem usually involves spinal fusion, an operation to permanently join two or more vertebrae bones so there is no movement between them.

It’s hardly an ideal solution.

The Israeli company Premia Spine is offering a unique and – it believes – better option. Its trademarked TOPS (Total Posterior Solution) System aims to revolutionize the spinal implant market in the same way that total hip and total knee replacement systems made hip and knee fusions a thing of the past.

- See more at: http://israel21c.org/health/new-impl....IX6bLwdb.dpuf
    New implant is alternative to spinal fusion

Thread Information