Thread: Councillor refuses to resign after telling campaigners that disabled children 'shoul

Councillor refuses to resign after telling campaigners that disabled children 'shoul

Although the following story does not directly relate to Israel the content will i'm certain have strong resonance for many on this forum
    Councillor refuses to resign after telling campaigners that disabled children 'should be put down'
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...n-8513138.html
    Collin Brewer has apologised after being ordered to do so
    Sarah Cassidy

Wednesday 27 February 2013
    http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...r_2494194b.jpg
    A local councillor who said disabled children “should be put down” has apologised - but refused to resign, claiming he “did nothing wrong”. Collin Brewer, an independent councillor from Wadebridge, north Cornwall, made the remarks to a disabilities charity at an event designed to allow councillors to meet equal opportunity organisations and understand the issues they face.

Mr Brewer approached an information stand run by Disability Cornwall at the event, and was told about the charities work with children with special needs. Mr Brewer responded by saying: “Disabled children cost the council too much money and should be put down.” Theresa Court, advice services manager with Disability Cornwall, made a formal complaint about Mr Brewer’s remarks. That complaint has only recently been resolved, although the event was held in October 2011.

Mr Brewer has apologised, after being ordered to do so by the standards board that ruled on the complaint, but has refused to resign. He told the BBC: “Clearly it has gone to the standards board to provide any penalty whatsoever and the penalty they imposed was to write a letter of apology. ”I have no intention of resigning. I don't think I have done anything wrong. I have apologised. “I have been a councillor for nearly 26 years. I have always worked to the best of my ability.”

Disability Cornwall has called for Mr Brewer to resign. A spokesman for disabled charity Scope described Mr Brewer's outburst as “outrageous”, adding: “To hear such an ill-judged and insensitive statement from a councillor is deeply disturbing and demonstrates that they are clearly not fit for office.” Mr Brewer told the BBC: “I said they should be put down. I was just hot under the collar, I suppose, coming from a council meeting where we had been talking about budget cuts and staff cuts. ”It's not a good enough excuse, I will forever be apologising for it. I can't apologise enough. It's not something that's in my nature, I always support disabled charities.“
    Help end "CULTURAL CLEANSING"

Re: Councillor refuses to resign after telling campaigners that disabled children 'sh

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Sticker View Post
    Councillor refuses to resign after telling campaigners that disabled children 'should be put down'
    Astonishing.

Re: Councillor refuses to resign after telling campaigners that disabled children 'sh

The guy is a raving lunatic. He needs to be retired on medical grounds.

One has to wonder if he would have made such a remark if he had a disabled child.
    Idealism increases in direct proportion to one's distance from the problem.
    Author: John Galsworthy 1867-1933, British Novelist, Playwright

cbrewer@cornwall.gov.uk

Cllr C Brewer (Wadebridge East),
    Pencarrow Mill Cottage,
    Sladesbridge,
    Wadebridge
    PL27 6JF

TEL: 441208 841473

Apparently, this loathsome excuse of a human-being finally did resign. Upon reading his rant regarding euthanizing disabled children, the Nazi T-4 program came to mind. I fear this man's perverse and twisted logic is not of his thinking only; there are those whom would nod with agreement.

It will be interesting to see how governments in the not too distant future handle the aging, boomer-generation crisis when it may well cripple a state's economy. It may come down to no ticky, no life. Euthanasia has gained, gradual acceptance in society. We all know how euthanasia of the feeble was a precursor to industrialized mass-murder of Jews and others in Nazi Germany. This guy is a nutter but there are others in positions of power that I'm sure share the thoughts of this said nutter.

From what I gather he hasnt resigned at all. What he has done is bow to the inevitable by saying he may not put himself forward for reelection in the May elections. Who in their right mind would vote for this would be storm trooper.

"Mr Brewer said it was unlikely he would be a candidate in the May elections. "I was wrong, I admit it. I will continue to apologise," he said.
    READ MORE BELOW
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-21612089

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Apparently, this loathsome excuse of a human-being finally did resign. Upon reading his rant regarding euthanizing disabled children, the Nazi T-4 program came to mind. I fear this man's perverse and twisted logic is not of his thinking only; there are those whom would nod with agreement.
    The more emphasis we put on superficiality, the more we will lean toward doing away what is bothersome, like the challenged, the aged, the infirm, not realizing that most of us are only a breath away from being just that.
    Pray for the peace of Israel

Thread Information