Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Official: Arabs Destroy Joseph's Tomb

humus_sapiens

It's Official: Arabs Destroy Joseph's Tomb

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=39407
    Picture: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/index.php3

The destruction of Joseph's Tomb of the past two weeks is now "official." Prime Minister Sharon and Defense Minister Mofaz confirmed at this morning's Cabinet meeting Arutz-7's report of the end of last week: Arab vandals entered the holy site in Shechem sometime in the past two weeks and turned the large stone marking Joseph's grave into a pile of rubble. The two smaller stones on either side of the gravestone, known as Ephraim and Menashe, were left basically intact.

Minister Natan Sharansky called upon the Foreign Ministry to publicize photos of the destroyed site. "If we would have razed the gravesite of one of the founders of Islam," Sharansky said, "billions of Moslems would have taken to the streets. It's inconceivable that the world should not know about this travesty." Foreign Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and Sharon said they would in fact publicize the photos.
    The highlight is mine. This is as despicable and irreversible religious crime as blowing up the statues of Budda by the Taliban.
    Last edited by humus_sapiens; 02-23-2003 at 07:18 PM.

andak01
    There aren't billions of Muslims. There is only something over one billion. There for the speculation here isn't just pure speculation, it's impossible speculation.

humus_sapiens
    Originally posted by andak01
    There aren't billions of Muslims. There is only something over one billion. There for the speculation here isn't just pure speculation, it's impossible speculation.
    Andak, that was his words. You are welcome to write NS and correct his major mistake. Also please don't forget to add that those were bad muslims, the extreme minority who don't represent real Islam. You know, it helps us a lot to know that we are under massive attack by the bad Muslims.

The good ones perform their Jihad on the net and other PR outlets or just sit still, while such crimes are being perpetrated in the name of their peaceful and tolerant religion.

As for 1.5 billion or billions, does it make any difference?
    Last edited by humus_sapiens; 02-23-2003 at 07:41 PM.

andak01
    I think I mentioned my sadness that a few people, in this case probably ten or fewer can undo hundreds or even thousands of years of living side by side. Obviously, this relic lasted through centuries of Muslim rule prior to being destroyed.

abu afak
    I think I mentioned my sadness that a few people, in this case probably ten or fewer can undo hundreds or even thousands of years of living side by side. Obviously, this relic lasted through centuries of Muslim rule prior to being destroyed.

RIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiGht.

Just a tiny minority again.. and we see how outraged the rest all are, and how the site was protected.. knowing it's sensitivity.
    Like all the Synagogues destroyed between 1948-1967 in Jerusalem. Like the Cleansing of Christians from Lebanon since 1975... Like the Cleansing and desecration of the Areas under PA control just since 1994.

The beat goes on.

Just when you thought is was safe to be an Infidel!

Jihad 2

In 1948 the Jordanians destroyed 57 Synagaogues in East Jerusalem.

Sometimes I think moderate muslims are like German Jews circa 1934. They simply believed they were more German than Jewish and believing themselves assimilated they believed it was enough. I think that moderate muslims will continue to believe the same thing until their own radical elements come for their heads. Maybe not, I hope not. But believing yourself modernist enough is sometime not enough.

andak01
    So what is your suggestion. Should I infiltrate an Al Qaida training camp? Should I get myself a machine gun and go on a shooting spree to Palestine? Nobody has come to me and asked me to do anything unkind to the Jews or to anybody else. Let me ask you this, is turning in terrorists to the FBI and to Interpol enough? Is ratting out bombing conspiracies enough? Is preventing terrorist acts enough? Because that is already being done with a great deal of success around the world. If it wasn't, we would have experienced hundreds of attacks instead of one or two world wide.

Am Yisrael

Re: It's Official: Arabs Destroy Joseph's Tomb

I didnt hear about this news. Only Israeli news reports this kinda stuff. Absolutely despicable. If one mosque is destroyed, the whole Islamic world will be against Israel and it will be reported globally. Now im not even religious but this kinda stuff makes me purely angry. What makes it even worse is that hardly anybody hear about these "incidents". Rachels tomb, Joshuas tomb, etc. etc.

The Palestinians are lucky that they are occupied by Jews! Only Jews continue to act with tolerance and friendship to their enemies

No nothing of the sort. I simply suggest that you're deluding yourself into believing that ignoring your own radical elements will render them innocuous.

simont

Re: It's Official: Arabs Destroy Joseph's Tomb

Originally posted by humus_sapiens
    http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=39407
    Picture: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/index.php3

The highlight is mine. This is as despicable and irreversible religious crime as blowing up the statues of Budda by the Taliban.
    Well, lets see...I suppose Joseph's tomb wasn't our holiest site, just as the Dome of the Rock protects the "third holiest site to Islam". So perhaps knocking it down wouldn't be such a bad idea. We could even donate the value of the golden dome to the Palestinians for humanitarian purposes.

In the meantime, the liberals can yell "it was a minority"--we musn't forget the silent majority. And the newest Shinui addition to Israeli government will restrain Jews from any action against a few folks destroying what amounts to a religious relic--in fact, its probably the Haredi's fault...

andak01
    Who's ignoring? I would cooperate with any government agency to stop terrorism and would encourage my fellows to do likewise. The only thing more I could do would be to operate outside the law in a vigilante fashion.

Who's ignoring?

..I meant the collective you and yours. We too often think that crazy and violent is the same thing as foolish.

"It's all funny till someone puts an eye out. Then it's hilarious!" - Kelly Osbourne

andak01
    Originally posted by Mediocrates
    ..I meant the collective you and yours. We too often think that crazy and violent is the same thing as foolish.
    Crazy, violent, well funded and influential is what worries me. Take away those last two and you have some loony on a street corner with a stick. I think we can get rid of Bin Laden's influence by showing the world that there is no crusade against Islam. That involves using legal and diplomatic means to solve our problems instead of bombs.

MichaelC
    Crazy, violent, well funded and influential is what worries me. Take away those last two and you have some loony on a street corner with a stick. I think we can get rid of Bin Laden's influence by showing the world that there is no crusade against Islam. That involves using legal and diplomatic means to solve our problems instead of bombs.
    You do realize, don't you, that there are many more to be gotten rid of than just bin laden?

l_prior
    andak, bin laden has not opened an embassy!!!

Thread Information