Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jews are Caucasian.

Evgeny

Jews are Caucasian.

http://www.geocities.com/racial_myths/jews.html

We all know that Nazis believe this myth wholeheartedly, and will continue to believe it, but what’s disconcerting is that more and more Jews are beginning to accept it as well, inadvertently supporting the unscientific racial theories of the Nazis, rather than refuting them as I’m sure every Jew and other liberal would want to do. The reason for this newfound need of Jews to be considered non-white is in part rooted in the social benefits that come with minority (i.e. colored) status in our rampant victim culture, but perhaps more in the identity politics of the day.

The Jews are in fact white by every anthropological definition of the word. The ancient Hebrews were a Mediterranean people, probably originally from the Arabian Peninsula, and therefore belonged to the Caucasian racial group. I know, I know, what white supremacists really mean when they say that Jews are "non-white" is that they’re non-"Aryan" or non-European, that is, not Nordic and Alpine in physical appearance, but that’s wrong too. The very fact that Hitler had to identify them with gold Stars of David so he could tell them apart from his "Aryan Supermen" attests to this. While it’s true that Sephardic (Middle-Eastern and North African) Jews are typically very Mediterranean, Ashkenazi (European, especially Eastern) Jews are for the most part Alpine and Alpine-Mediterranean, often exhibiting various Nordic traits. This is due to the absorption of much Indo-European ancestry into the Hebrew populations that settled there, or even possibly to the conversion of native European populations to Judaism.

In his article "Who Are the Jews?" (Natural History, November 1993), Jared Diamond is quick to downplay the European admixture among Ashkenazi Jews and discredit the theory that the Ashkenazim are descended largely from non-Semitic Central Asian Khazars who converted to Judaism in the 8th centurey (which has neither been proven nor disproven genetically), all in an effort to portray Jews as somehow "purely Israelite". He focuses on mtDNA and Y chromosome research that has shown all modern ethnically Jewish populations (save for the non-ethnically Jewish Ethiopian Jews) to be very closely related and to have ties with the ancient Hebrews of the Middle East. This is certainly true (and expected), but it can't be used—as it has been by both Jews and neo-Nazis—to prove that Jews aren't European. European gentiles also cluster genetically with Near Easterners, precisely because both groups are Caucasoid (and many, such as Southern Europeans, Eastern Europeans and certain populations of Britain, possess specific genetic patterns found among Near Eastern peoples, reflecting historical migrations of Phoenicians, Moors, Turks, etc.). This only indicates the presence of Mediterranean ancestry, as the Mediterranean type originated in the Near East. Neolithic farmers from the Fertile Crescent brought agriculture to Europe and are said to reflect up to 20% of European genetic heritage.

While previous studies of Y chromosome polymorphisms showed a small European contribution to the Jewish gene pool, Nebel et al. discovered that Eu 19 chromosomes common to Eastern European populations (54%-60%) were found at a rate of 12.7% among Eastern European Jews, conlcuding that "Kurdish and Sephardic Jews were indistinguishable from one another, whereas both differed slightly, yet significantly, from Ashkenazi Jews" (Am J Hum Genet, 2001). This isn't yet definitive or quantitative genetic evidence of the European influence among Jews, but coupled with historical, anthropological and phenotypic data, it certainly suggests a relatively high degree of admixture. Hopefully, though, such studies will lead to more inquiry on the matter that will help wade through the political propaganda involved.

Another argument, again made by Jews and neo-Nazis alike, is that Jews' genetic closeness and distinctness from surrounding non-Jews proves that they constitute a unique and separate race. But this can easily be accounted for by genetic drift in a small, isolated population. And Jews are by no means the only group to which this phenomenon has occurred. Icelanders, though a mix of Celtic and Scandinavian peoples, are genetically isolated from the rest of Europe, but no one would consider them non-white or even any different from Swedes, Danes and Irishmen. Sardinians, Cretans and Basques are other examples of populations composed of various Caucasoid subracial elements who are phenotypically identical to their surrounding populations, though genetically isolated from them.

It’s unfortunate that the tales spun about Jews by Nazis for political reasons are now being mirrored by similar politically-motivated tales coming from the Jews themselves. However, it’s difficult to convince any rational individual, especially in light of the folly of Nazism, that a group of people that resembles the majority, dominates in fields such as law, medicine, business and media, and is on the whole quite wealthy qualifies as an oppressed racial minority.

I am David
    That is a very poorly thought out article. Aside from the many logical holes it has, it only focuses on dispelling proofs for the Jewish/Israelite argument rather than providing an argument of its own as to why they are not. This therefore, doesn't prove anything. And who says the Hebrews were darked skinned? You cannot judge that by the Palestinians who are eastern Semites not from Israel, and thus would be dark skinned. As far as telling Jews apart, since the skin tone is the same as European, the culteral integration of the Jews does make it harder to tell them apart, but there is never the less distinct Jews characteristics (physical) that tell them apart, this you cannot deny.

So go complain to someone else about Jews not being Jews, because frankly, they are, and you cannot do anything about it.

Adversary2Arabs
    Jews aren't necessarily Caucasian. Are the Ethiopian Jews caucasian? Actually they're African, or mostly African. The same with Ashkenaz Jews in the sense that they're not 100% Caucasian, but rather part. Original Israelites, in my opinion don't fit into any other category of race. Hence, I always but "other" on forms becuase though I am of Ashkenazi decent, I don't consider myself Caucasian, but Jewish.

PS. I don't believe being Jewish is a race but it IS an ethnicity and religion. Without the latter, you aren't considered the former - not vice versa.

Evgeny
    even if the jews are arabic that still makes you caucasian(white) becasue even arabic people are caucasian. So your white whether you like it or not. People should be proud of being White anyway.

Blueprint
    Here's a refutation of what was posted above:

http://www.geocities.com/refuting_rm/2.html
    Last edited by Blueprint; 05-18-2003 at 11:43 AM.

I am David
    No one said Jews were Arabic.

Arabs are eastern Semites, Jews are western semites. And if cacausion includes western Semites by definition, no on really cares if that's so...

Adversary2Arabs
    Originally posted by Evgeny
    even if the jews are arabic that still makes you caucasian(white) becasue even arabic people are caucasian. So your white whether you like it or not. People should be proud of being White anyway.
    I don't consider myself white. Why should I be proud to white anyway? All the white people ever did to my people was kill them.

Gilgamesh
    Some of my best friends are white...

Adversary2Arabs
    Originally posted by Gilgamesh
    Some of my best friends are white...
    So are mine, but you know what I mean

elke
    This is one of the silliest arguments I've ever heard. This is not about race, - which is in effect, a physical adaptation to the specific climates on this planet; but rather about ethnicity, - which is a cultural attribute. IMO, there is nothing to be specifically proud of - or ashamed of, - in either being "white", or "black", or "Asian". That's like being proud of having blue eyes rather than brown, or whatever. No effort, no creative ability of our own has gone into our racial makeup. Not to mention, of course, that the latest and best in science suggests that we all came from Africa and were likely "black" to begin with.

Our collective accomplishments are not made based on race, but rather on our cultural heritage. It's the moral, scientific, philosophical, artistic, and technological savvy that enjoins the pride.

Gilgamesh
    Originally posted by elke
    Our collective accomplishments are not made based on race, but rather on our cultural heritage. It's the moral, scientific, philosophical, artistic, and technological savvy that enjoins the pride.
    I am not totally agrees with you.
    Taletns, and potenials, are matters of genes and biological harritage. The ability to matirialize such potenial is, in deed a matter of civilization, culture or economical status. (No flour - no Tora).

I do believe Jews have greater leaning toward abstract arts (music, literature, comedy) and abstract science (such as physics), while some Italians, for example, have greater leaning toward plastic or matirial arts, such as scuplture, painting and design. Also, engineering. IT is NOT to say that there are "no great Italian writers and musicians" or "there are no great Jews painters or engineers..."

I'm talking about statistical leaning with in huge populations, which both exibit great varietions.

Gilgamesh
    Originally posted by Evgeny
    Oh... one of the "White pride" guys...

sure Evgany, whatever you say... after all some one has to be proud in his skin color... where all else fails... [to be proud of]

I am a proud Jew. Jewishness, unlike Whitness, is more then a skin deep. don't you agree?

Jews got huge harritage, massive legacy and enormus potential as well as clear feeling of purpose, like Zionism.

One can't argue with success. Jews are a success story.

Communication
    Originally posted by elke
    This is one of the silliest arguments I've ever heard. This is not about race, - which is in effect, a physical adaptation to the specific climates on this planet; but rather about ethnicity, - which is a cultural attribute. IMO, there is nothing to be specifically proud of - or ashamed of, - in either being "white", or "black", or "Asian". That's like being proud of having blue eyes rather than brown, or whatever. No effort, no creative ability of our own has gone into our racial makeup. Not to mention, of course, that the latest and best in science suggests that we all came from Africa and were likely "black" to begin with.

Whoah! Weel done.

elke
    Thanks, Communication! Have a great vacation!

As Thomas Edison put it, "invention is 2% inspiration, 98% perspiration". Same goes for talent. In addition to Michelangelo and Leonardo etal, Italians also produced Verdi and Galileo, - and let's not forget Giordano Bruno, please! He is one of my heroes .

The range of inborn or genetic vs. environmentally produced qualities, according to scientists, is between 0%-50% for genetic (personally, 0% seems totally off to me: studies on separated twins seem to be rather conclusive on this subject; but so is 50%, based on the same research; although the sample is inadequate to draw firm conclusions).

Please note that during the Renaissance, the Jews were not making "graven images". In the 20th century, we have acquired some world-reknowned artists, such as Marc Chagall. How many talented people, whether mathematicians or artists, are out there not creating and not known, - we will never know, until a good educational system is available to every single person on this planet.

Oh, and one more thing: I just recently read that while humans and chimps share 98.5% of our DNA, it seems that the dramatic differences between us are explained not so much by the 1.5% that are different, but more by which ones of our common genes are expressed. It seems to me that different talents in various people, - and especially populations, - can also be explained that way, and the environmental factors may play a massive role in which genes are "visible".
    Last edited by elke; 05-20-2003 at 02:31 AM.

Gilgamesh
    Elka, please, reread my post... I've brought you the key segment... and don't twist my words, please...

Originally posted by Gilgamesh
    IT is NOT to say that there are "no great Italian writers and musicians" or "there are no great Jews painters or engineers..."

I'm talking about statistical leaning within huge populations, which both exibit great varietions.

Thread Information