Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gadaffi envisions bi-national 'Isratine'????!!!

ibrodsky
    Originally posted by danholo
    Not unilaterally retreat. As a suggestion Israel, as a first step, would pull out completely out Gaza (I have no idea why there are settlements there in the first place) as a good-will gesture and pull back to pre-Intifada borders in the WB and ease some restrictions concerning check-points. Also Israel should stop making a cage out of some Palestinian towns like Qalqilya. Under these conditions Israel will give an ultimatum to the Palestinians: If even one terror attack occurs against Israelis, retaliation will be immense. Both Gaza and the WB will become occupied and the IDF will not stop until every single terrorist is killed - capturing is not an option.

Why?

It would be kind of like a test for the Palestinians and their supporters. It will show, once and for all, that what the case is and what must be done about it.
    In fact, this is what was already done. So why do you think giving in to the Palestinians 'stage one' demands will not lead to 'stage two'?

danholo
    Originally posted by ibrodsky
    In fact, this is what was already done. So why do you think giving in to the Palestinians 'stage one' demands will not lead to 'stage two'?
    Because I'm really sick of people who completely support the Palestinian side and don't even consider the horror that Israelis are facing. If this works towards peace - good - but if this last "test" fails, Israel will have every right to seize the territories and kill every single terrorist that there is. It is also much easier to defend a single border than borders outside of a border, don't you think?

I never said the WB should be cleansed of Jews but isolated settlements serve no purpose, are hard to defend, and use up tons of funds. Communities that are close to the green line, which are easily annexable to Israel, can and should stay where they are. Israel, as the winner of the Six-Day war, should deserve something for winning a war that the Arabs started; i.e. extended borders. But the Palestinians deserve something as well - or do you think that they don't deserve a contiguous state within the WB?

Personally, in my wet dreams, Israel should be a state with a clear Jewish majority within all of current Israeli controlled areas. However this is not reality and is not possible. The Palestinians should have a state - every nation on this planet deserves one. Palestinians have a right to the land as well and give perfectly legitimate arguments for it.

And, in a religious sense, the only way for Jews to win Israel is to live by Torah - it is clearly stated in there - but that isn't happening now, is it? Might happen though when and if Israel is on the brink of annihilation. Usually when stuff goes badly for Jews they start regaining their faith, settle their differences and come togther as one - and in the end they win. This has been a fact in history.
    Last edited by danholo; 09-17-2003 at 06:33 AM.

Isiah 2:4
    Danholo, you seem to want a solution which pretty much covers everything i believe. It is the only rational, feasible, ethical and justifiable method of ending the occupation that is horrible for Israel, demeaning for the Palestinians and tiring for the world.

Shalom Alechayim Haver Sheli

danholo

Very pessimistic about the short-term.

Thanks!

The point is that I want a solution - now. I am very impatient. But when I read the news nothing is happening. I am always anxious for something remarkable to happen - like the decision on Arafat last week. That's why I'm constantly on these Forums to read new opinions and ideas of what could be done. I think that current Israeli policy is a stalemate and isn't doing anything to advance peace, nor is the Palestinian side with its terrorist leader.

I'd like to see a gutsy leader, on either side, to say: "this is enough" and take corageous steps for peace. One side has to have a leader that will make the first concessions. Otherwise nothing will happen.

But then again I believe nothing like this will occur. A big and bloody war is looming on the horizon and I feel there is no escape from it. A war might be just what the region needs - to settle everything once and for all. This is not what I desire but I see no alternative considering what is happening at the moment.

Moskal'
    Because I'm really sick of people who completely support the Palestinian side and don't even consider the horror that Israelis are facing. If this works towards peace - good - but if this last "test" fails, Israel will have every right to seize the territories and kill every single terrorist that there is. It is also much easier to defend a single border than borders outside of a border, don't you think?
    Israel had many tests, like the ones Rabin supervised. They all failed. But hope seemingly never dies, as does ignorance.

Moskal'
    Israel had many tests...

Thread Information