Here is my recommendation for the new Israeli policy.
First, Public Relations. Before the announcement of this new policy, Israel should pre-deploy their best PR people in the capitols of the nations that matter. These people should be fluent in the local language (without strong accent) and should be â€œniceâ€ in their demeanor.
On D-Day, the PR people should present their message to the public of all Western countries. Maximum exposure is necessary to avoid the filtration of the message by the media. They should be on every major network and every major radio station.
This is what they should sayâ€¦in essence..
â€œThe State of Israel is today facing exterminationâ€¦not in a massive attack by Arab nations but by each day losing more and more of our citizens. These attacks are often funded by outside nations which in total outnumber Israel citizen to citizen by XXX percent. So each day that we lose civilians we are being slowly exterminated. Exterminated by an enemy who has time on his side.
Sixty years ago the Jewish people also faced the threat of extermination. At that time we did not have the means to defend ourselves. We do today. Many nations helped our people at that time, and many nations didnâ€™t. Since WW2 however, bothEurope and America have been very supportive of a land for the Jewish people and we wish to thank them with our whole heart for their support. We ask for your support again, as we are again facing extermination.
Despite years of on-again off-again peace talks, there is still very sizable percentage of the Palestinian population who will continue fighting no matter what peaceful settlement is arrived at. Outsiders will also sabotage any peaceful solution that we may come up with. The State of Israel will continue to seek a peaceful solution and will negotiate with practically any Palestinian who has any authority. But we have to stop the bleeding. We are bleeding to death. And we WILL stop the bleeding, starting right now.
The State of Israel wishes to make the following worldwide announcement of our 5-point Emergency Survival Plan.
1. The State of Israel will continue to negotiate with any Palestinian leader, who has any semblance of power, for a long-term solution to the Israeli-Palestinian dispute.
2. As to today, the State of Israel will offer massive retaliation for each suicide attack that is inflicted on the State of Israel. The guiding rule will be 500 Palestinians killed for every Israeli citizen killed. We wish to extend a warning to the media. If you are standing next to a bad guy you probably will be hit. So please do not stand next to bad guys.
3. Every major Palestinian city is now being ringed with artillery. (Cut to a shot of 155mm howitzers being moved around Palestinian cities). We know where the terrorists live. We know which city centers support and finance the terrorists. After each terrorist bombing we will bomb the city of our choice until at least 500 Palestinians die for every Israelis killed in the terrorist attack. This may seem cruel, but the American, Asian and European powers played by similar rules during WW2. Our enemy is playing by those rules and we have been fighting with our hands behind our backs for too many years. We are now playing by similar rules to our enemy except that our enemy would kill all Israelies if they had the capability. We have the capability to kill all of our enemy but we choose not to. This is a limited reaction but hopefully it will be painful enough for our enemy to change his ways.
4. We will only take the above action if attacked by Palestinian terrorists. If there are no bombings there will not be any massive retaliation. As we are at war however, we will continue what many in the media call â€œtargeted assassinationsâ€ These are military actions not assassinations. Our difficulty is that we cannot fight the enemy as an army, for they hide amongst the people. Therefore the State of Israel has determined that by killing the leaders we are saving innocent lives. This policy will continue at an accelerated pace until a long-term peace agreement is signed. We consider the following terrorist organizations as military targets: Hamas, etc. etc.
5. The above 500 to 1 policy will also be in force for any Arab State that attacks us or allows terrorists to attack us from their borders. If an Arab State goes over a certain line however, we will eliminate that State.
â€œThis policy is effective immediately. And we hope that each of our friends will use their influence to stop suicide bombings and the like so that we do not have to use this policyâ€
Once the above announcement is made I would get on all the American Christian talk shows, networks etc. and drum up support. If you play it right, most Americans (except for the Left) will say that Israel is FINALLY doing something.
The massive retaliation should be accomplished in one day, per suicide bombing. The world can take war for one day...if you drag it out it becomes a siege and the media gets involved. Suicide bombing in Tel Aviv? Blow up 1/4 of Jenin that afternoon. Quick and fast. I would also let it be known that you will continue blowing up the house of families that raise suicide bombers...just that the families will be in the house when you blow it up. Cruel, brutal and efficient. A future suicide bomber will martyr his whole family next time...that may give them pause to think it through.
The media will scream at the above policy, but as you have not yet done anything you can point the future fault where it lies; with the terrorists. You don't bomb us and we won't bomb you. I would make sure on the first bombing you hit them twice. The first as the retaliation and the second when the world media gathers at the site. There will be plenty of terrorists jumping up and down for the world press. That is when the cluster bombs come in. You would kill off many of the enemy media at the same time, and provide a warning for the future.
This policy will have two benefits. It will lessen the suicide attacks and will eliminate Palestinian towns for a future over all solution....not that there will ever be one.
I would also kill Arafat, despite what the US says, after the next bombing. In the meantime I would be trying everything I could to have him die of "natural causes."
If Israel does not adopt something similar to the above then itâ€™s all over baby; death by suicideâ€¦. although it will take a few more years.
(we Americans of European descent don't understand this limted war ....we either have peace or fight a real war...none of this half-war stuff...that's for the idiot politicians to come up with)