Thread: Saudis shows wide support for bin Laden's

L@mplighterM

Saudis shows wide support for bin Laden's

Snip:

By Henry Schuster
    CNN
    Wednesday, June 9, 2004 Posted: 1219 GMT (2019 HKT)

(CNN) -- Almost half of all Saudis said in a poll conducted last year that they have a favorable view of Osama bin Laden's sermons and rhetoric, but fewer than 5 percent thought it was a good idea for bin Laden to rule the Arabian Peninsula.

The poll involved interviews with more than 15,000 Saudis and was overseen by Nawaf Obaid, a Saudi national security consultant.

It was conducted between August and November 2003, after simultaneous suicide attacks in May 2003 when 36 people were killed in Riyadh.

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/me...den/index.html

No surprise here!

I suspect that the ones that support Laden belong to the upper class in Saudi Arabia. The west should take control of the oil fields and let the pumps pump 24/7 at full capacity, leaving the country bankrupt.

Screw the Saudis!

Batman

Re: Saudis shows wide support for bin Laden's

Originally posted by L@mplighterM
    Snip:

By Henry Schuster
    CNN
    Wednesday, June 9, 2004 Posted: 1219 GMT (2019 HKT)

(CNN) -- Almost half of all Saudis said in a poll conducted last year that they have a favorable view of Osama bin Laden's sermons and rhetoric, but fewer than 5 percent thought it was a good idea for bin Laden to rule the Arabian Peninsula.

The poll involved interviews with more than 15,000 Saudis and was overseen by Nawaf Obaid, a Saudi national security consultant.

It was conducted between August and November 2003, after simultaneous suicide attacks in May 2003 when 36 people were killed in Riyadh.

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/me...den/index.html

No surprise here!

I suspect that the ones that support Laden belong to the upper class in Saudi Arabia. The west should take control of the oil fields and let the pumps pump 24/7 at full capacity, leaving the country bankrupt.

Screw the Saudis!
    why am i not surprised?

Thread Information