Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: preserve the Jewish of israel first or equality first?

Olivier

preserve the Jewishness of israel first or equality first?

two threads of mine have been edited of late, apparently by a moderator

the titles that have been altered are
    "the real cause of the death of Arafat"

as been changed to
    "Politicizing the Yasser Arafat's cause of death; or, what we don't know can hurt you.
    http://www.israelforum.com/board/sho...1&postcount=70
    I do not see what the added insinuation means... or what value added it brings

Bombing of French soldiers : Israelis involved

to

Bombing of French soldiers : Israelis involved, Satan unavailable for comment
    http://www.israelforum.com/board/sho...&postcount=126
    I had not into of putting any satanic reference in the discussion

Overall, the objective of this person is harassment.
    Arbitrary harassment because he does not share my opinions. Why leave intact threads which are either pure provocation of plain false and modify titles respecting forum rule? Why choose to distord the name of the threads I started?

let's see one example on naming a thread :

France: we will use the UN-mandate to continue the occupation of the Ivory Coast => this is plain lie, no french declaration was made about "occupating ivory coast".

and guess what, the guy who created the thread has been promoted moderator ! Now he can toy with what I say in total impunity...

Now If you want to see delirant threads titles just browse the forum..

Now what should I do ?
    - I have first protested to the forum owner (newsguy), who answered that moderators are fully allowed change thread titles. This practice is discretionary and completely arbitrary. Any moderator can change a thread name to what he wants. Just because he feels like it.

Ok, now what do I do ? I can either
    =========================
    solution #1 - accept that the thread I start have a title perverting what the idea I defend.

solution #2 - stop posting and conceide victory to the harasser. This will also overjoy all here that do not share my opinions.

Now although it is certainly not good to give in to harassment, I have choose solution #2. As I wrote to the forum owner "you might as well have the guts to ask me to leave politely and I certainly would not insist".
    But the idea that someone can pull strings and make me say what I do not want to say, just because he finds it fun is completely disgusting to me.

I do not know for you, maybe some of you find it fantastic to read a forum like this, but for me this is more than just hindering freedom of expression, this is plain pervert.

So bye all !

Overall I hope I have contributed adding value to the forum and interest to the reader.
    I tried to start threads worthy of real debate and to documents my posts as well as I could! I tried not to answer provocation by avoiding the most aggressive of hateful posters.

On the statistic side, I started no less than 113 threads and wrote 1250 posts, which means I easily dedicated two hundred hours to the forum.

these are some of the threads I am the most proud of , Bush is elected, what can we expect in the next years?
    • Good news for the Saudis and the iranians: Crude prices hit 21 year high
    • Fight against Global warming : Kyoto Protocol becomes international treaty.
    • teaching democracy (it's a picture !)
    • If America were Iraq, What Would It be Like?
    • Another legend down the drain : Iraq's Disappearing Elections (this one is likely to make a comeback)
    • a no-win war against 1.3 billion Muslims
    • Israel Has Long Spied on U.S alleges Counterpunch (I think this thread title has been manipulated as well)
    • Moore's anti-Bush film wins top Cannes award
    • Arab-Israeli Retaliation Tragic, Unhelpful
    • Europe must not define itself against America
    • about the dangers of blurring the lines between humanitarians workers and armies
    • French troops deployed on Sudan border
    • Military Draft in the US?
    • Reaction in France on Sharon calling french jews to "leave immediately
    • Torture by US forces is Iraq is not just isolated incidents (that thread is probably the one with the longuest debate : 481 posts)
    • How can the damage of the torture photos be repaired? (with now a variant with the shooting of an unarmed wounded insurged in a mosque)
    • Are we de-Baathifying or re-Baathifying this week? (that one was not a success, by it was fun)
    • Rebirth at Ground Zero (don’t start optimistics threads here : no success)
    • Real politics starting inside iraq? (ditto)
    • U.S. Drops Effort to Gain Immunity for Its Troops
    • 9/11 panel says there was ‘‘no credible evidence’’ that Saddam had ties with al-Qaida
    • Big demonstration in Paris today against anti-Semitism
    • europe grows : Israelis rush on europeans passport
    • hostilities ending in Falluja? (lucky I put an interrogation mark on that one.. that was started in june)
    • France to expel Muslim cleric over abuse

And it makes me extremely sad to realize all these titles can be perverted anytime…

…. So I have decided, that I prefer to remove some of my posts than to have what I mean manipulated against my will, it’s a bit sad, but it seems reasonable to withdraw from a debate when the debate turns out to be a fake. And of course I do not approve of the hatred shown by the people who manipulate this forum to their ends.
    Last edited by Olivier; 11-24-2004 at 01:30 PM.

Gilgamesh
    1. Ha'aretz is not a paper no more, but a party brushar of the far fringe left. It does not represent what most Israelis think
    2. If french want to help the Arabs... they are more then welcomed to take them away from here. give them "asylum" of staff.
    3. The acutall quarrle is about: Welfare. They want Israeli citizenship so to get welfare and free health care ect... Family unification can be done freely on PA territory or any European or Arab country. They have no right for our citizenship.
    4. Israel has a right to limit welfare immigration, just like any other country.
    5. Arabs are enemy. We have no obligation to give them automated citizenship. They can keep thier PA citizenship. (but the PA pays welfare only to terrorists).
    6. Jews have a right for staying a demographic majority in our own country. or else, we won't be democratic anymore, but another Islamist state.
    7. This is Israeli internal business you Frenchis have no right to stick you noses into. You can't understand it anyway.

Olivier
    hey Gilgamesh, "breaking your rule" again? You looked you looked !

As for 7. I see you pretty often putting your nose into french business.

btw, For me it's not the problem these are "private french affairs" you can certainly give your opinion. The problem is more that your opinion is based on prejudices and hatred.

But clearly you're not interested in equality, you're interested in bloody shirt waving and shouting 'bout dem evil racist Yids.

Gilgamesh
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivier
    hey Gilgamesh, "breaking your rule" again? You looked you looked !
    It's my rule and I'll do what I please with it.

Don't hurry to flatter your self. I'm just bored and I imagioned one of the low lives around here might spring that issue up. Surprise surpise, the low life was you Ollie.

As for 7. I see you pretty often putting your nose into french business.
    All problems concerting my Jewish brotherens are my problems. Believe me, I don't care how many french women got gang raped today by Arabs. Not my bussiness. I don't even care how many french died today in any of the former (???) french colonies in Africa. I don't care. Not my business. But when France allows systematic hurting an intemidation of MY people, then I get REALY upset and angry too.

btw, For me it's not the problem these are "private french affairs" you can certainly give your opinion. The problem is more that your opinion is based on prejudices and hatred.
    First hand testemonies of former French now Israeli Jews, as well as published statistics and opinions of unbiased Jewish officials of the Jewish community in France, tell the real story. Not French propagnda machine, mistakenly taken to be media.

Most stories about anti semetism never get to French media, since it is biased and anti semetic. Luckily, we don't need it to get a clear picutre about the REAL situation in France.

Olivier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh
    It's my rule and I'll do what I please with it.
    I was just assessing the value of your commitments from your behavior. Now you do what you want.

Nobody's perfect anyway

Ask him why the PA finds it acceptable to pass a defacto law sentencing to death any Palestinian who sells land to an Israeli?

Olivier

rule n°7

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocrates
    Ask him why the PA finds it acceptable to pass a defacto law sentencing to death any Palestinian who sells land to an Israeli?
    he cannot ask this, Mediocrates ... that would mean breaking his rule n°7... just joking

Ok then I'll ask, why do you feel its acceptable?

Gilgamesh
    If you ask me, I don't care!
    If you ask Ollie, it futile. You know already he puts on ignore list all those who ask him difficult questions. He is here only to harras us. Not because he "cares" but he likes the harrasing thing. As for Arabs... he cares about them just like the rest of us... not at all.

The rest is a show off, an act of his.

Olivier
    no I don't feel it's 'acceptable'

minusthejihad
    What's a matter Ollie? Ran out of Israel bashing talking points, that you have to drag something up that has been debated into the ground on at least 25 other occassions. Learn to use the SEARCH function, genius!

Binyamin
    This should have been posted in the thread about Haaretz's anti-Israel campaign.

Their idiocy about equality/equal rights/ every democracy does this etc.. is sickening, both for stupitidty of its content, and their total lack of logic.

peacelover
    Quote Originally Posted by Binyamin
    Their idiocy about equality/equal rights/ every democracy does this etc.. is sickening, both for stupitidty of its content, and their total lack of logic.
    I don't read Ha'aretz all that often, and from the sounds of it I don't think I'd agree with much of it. But there are positives to be taken from the fact that Israel has a free press and that its actions are subjected to scrutiny by its own citizens. Maybe this comes at too high a price, I don't know enough to judge that.

But Israel is a democracy, the ME's only democracy, and this has its downsides...

KettleWhistle
    Quote Originally Posted by peacelover
    I don't read Ha'aretz all that often, and from the sounds of it I don't think I'd agree with much of it. But there are positives to be taken from the fact that Israel has a free press and that its actions are subjected to scrutiny by its own citizens. Maybe this comes at too high a price, I don't know enough to judge that.

But Israel is a democracy, the ME's only democracy, and this has its downsides...
    The press is free, but polarized, and much worse than in the U.S. It is very hard to say when an article presents true and ballanced opinion. It all depends on who owns the particular paper, who edits it, and who hires journalists. The readers polls are my favorite--the Leftist papers like Haharatz (pun intended), always show overwhelming support for leftist causes. Jerusalem Post does same regarding the rightist causes.

Thread Information