Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conflict with Iran

Hybrid View

KettleWhistle

Conflict with Iran

Why is Iran so anti-Israel? I searched the web, and coundn't find anything in that regard, but it's not like Israel ever attacked them. Is it just their anti-Americanism, or is there more to the story?

Semsem
    I think it's because they are fanatical Muslims and the Palistinians are also Muslims. Generally Iranians look down on Arabs and don't like them.

AussieDave
    It's just an arab thing.

We have a saying here in Australia when buying a car, the car sales yard give a concrete waranty on every car they sell, which means as soon as you drive the car off their concrete the waranty is as much use as teats on a bull.

Any deal made with an arab is valid only as long as you can see the whites of his eyes and even then he is looking to screw you. Look at any negotiations involved with arab participants and historically you will see I'm right.

Iran is a fanatical Islamist nation, The majority of whom are poorly if not uneducated and the best way to stop people complaining about their lot is to give them a common enemy to focus on. As usual Jews and Israel become the target.

An Iranian embassador to Australia anounced last week that oil prices will treble within the next three years. I wonder is this a threat or is it the fact that china are becoming more dependent on oil? There are currently 4000 chinese soldiers in Sudan protecting the pipelines and I wonder how many will be in Iran should Israel try to derail the Iranian neuclear programme. Food for thought I believe.

Ariksan
    Iran is not an Arab nation. However, their government is fanatical muslim.

Having said that one must not forget that their government and their population is very different! In fact the majority of Iranians have no hatred for Israel and many secretly hope that we will be part of the force that will free them of their current mullah regime. Islam was brutally forced upon the Iranians by the sword like on every non-arab nation in the region. In contrast to their government the vast majority of Iranians are very secular. It's funny to see how the Islamic revolution in Iran actually started a huge countermovement that goes even so far that many started to question Islam itself and returning back to their pre-islamic Zoroastrian roots.

And not to forget... We still have a deep bond with the Iranian people. It was their great leader who allowed and helped us to rebuild the second temple. G-d bless Cyrus.

David_in_NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieDave
    It's just an arab thing.
    It's actually a Muslim thing, since Islam is basically a compulsory codification of the worst bigotry every known to the human heart.

Iran isn't Arab, they are Persians mostly, and also Baloch.

Da Chuckstar
    The Shah of Iran was friendly towards Israel. If I recall correctly, he even sent his personal bodyguards to be trained in Israel. But as soon as the Mullahs took over, it all went downhill from there.

And Arikson, I don't think your assertion that most Iranians have no hatred for Israel is correct. They may be less inclined to hate Israel than people in Arab countries, but the hatred is still very strong in Iran.

As for the Zoroastrian population of Iran, it is a very small population. I don't know the actual figures, but it is less than 1%.

chrisjohn316
    Quote Originally Posted by AJL
    Why is Iran so anti-Israel? I searched the web, and coundn't find anything in that regard, but it's not like Israel ever attacked them. Is it just their anti-Americanism, or is there more to the story?
    They are Islamic and radical at that. They torture their own people, almost anyone they want to that tries to reform the Cleric's facist dictatorship. In this the US are in part to blame. The US supports dictator puppets over democracy time and again and I am referring to the Shar of Iran here.

The people of Iran want freedom from the bondage of the evil Clerics but they are still waiting. So why does Iran hate Israel? The Clerics hate anyone that disagrees with them so being a Jew or Muslim is largely immaterial.

I really hope that the people of Iran can liberate themselves and create a democratic nation for themselves.

Iran uses as the basis of its foreign relations two cornerstones: antiamericanism and antiisraelism. They use these because those are effective levers to pull in the rest of the muslim world and in Europe and it serves to deflect attention from themselves. It's axiomatic that they need badguys and boogeymen to hate. It also helps establish frictions among all the other countries that have casual relations with the US and Israel such as Russia and Pakistan, both nuclear powers that border on Iran. If Iran successfully manages the balance of hate with Israel then they can also successfully separate Russia and Pakistan from relating to the US in any coherent way. Last but not least Iran is actually engaged in a low level war against Israel today. It does it through Hezbollah and Hamas proxies on the ground and through Syria diplomatically. It does this for those reasons above and because Israel and it's relationship to the US is an obstacle to them successfully propagating their Islamic Revolution into Syria and Lebanon.

Ariksan
    And Ariksan, I don't think your assertion that most Iranians have no hatred for Israel is correct. They may be less inclined to hate Israel than people in Arab countries, but the hatred is still very strong in Iran.
    Of course I don't have scientific evidence to proof my point, you may be right that the mullahs succeeeded in planting hatred into their population. But from my personal expierence with Iranians (Iranians in exile of course...) there is no hatred at all - on the opposite, there is much admiration. Obvioulsy I don't hang out with islamic fundamentalists... Check out the Persian boards, blogs and chats, you may be surprised that a vast majority of them are not hostile to Israel at all.

golani
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariksan
    Of course I don't have scientific evidence to proof my point, you may be right that the mullahs succeeeded in planting hatred into their population. But from my personal expierence with Iranians (Iranians in exile of course...) there is no hatred at all - on the opposite, there is much admiration. Obvioulsy I don't hang out with islamic fundamentalists... Check out the Persian boards, blogs and chats, you may be surprised that a vast majority of them are not hostile to Israel at all.
    I do believe that Iranians are unhappy since they were forced to convert to Islam after arab invasion
    I hope that one day,they will ditch their bedui former moon god allah to revert to their national god Mazda

Roland
    Quote Originally Posted by golani
    revert to their national god Mazda
    Mazda!?
    If the USA would attack the mullah-regime, they would probably hope the iranians won't have no new al-sadrs, but reverse to General Motors for leadership.

Hisardut
    the hate also comes from the teachings in schools and religeous centres, and considering under the ayatollahs order to breed like bunnies, irans youth form the majority, the miseducated majority.

if world leaders dont see the current theocratic and fanatic regime for what it really is, an evil regime hellbent on turning the middle east into radioactive charcoal, then these people are blind.

personally id propose a full scale assualt, and devide the land between russian and the kurds...

golani
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland
    Mazda!?
    If the USA would attack the mullah-regime, they would probably hope the iranians won't have no new al-sadrs, but reverse to General Motors for leadership.
    Nothing to do with cars
    Ahura -Mazda was the national god till arab invasion
    Followers of Mazda are known as fire worshippers
    Tiny remnant of them in Iran (30.000 souls),some in India
    greetings,
    Golani

Sidenote: the Persian invasion of Babylon and Judea was generally supported by the Israelites because then the Persians were also monotheists after a sort. Zoroastrianism was the official religion of Persia and it shared some of the same basic concepts as Judaism at the time. The Persian invasion of Babylon was as much a cultural war over barbaric human-sacrificing polytheists as it was an economic war over territory.

Eugeenie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariksan

Do you read Farsi, and are there many such sites to examine?

Reading blogs conducted in English or relying on personal experience with emigres might paint an entirely different picture than dealing with native populations. You are dealing with a pretty rarified sampling in either case, the emigres being motivated enough to leave Iran in the first place and those who speak English having at least that much inclination towards learning a western language.

I have some friends from Egypt, for instance. Very nice people. Very unrepresentative, too, because they fled Egypt to escape persecution due to their religion. The Lebanese folks I have known have all been Maronite Christians rather than Muslims, and they left Lebanon for the same reason. My one real acquaintace with an Iranian is very western, very well educated woman who left Iran when the fundies took over. In all these cases, the very reason they left in the first place was because they didn't want to live under Islamic oppression.

I think most of Europe might be a bit different than the U.S., since countries in Europe have more immigrants who arrive for economic rather than political/religious reasons compared to the U.S., but I still think the only way to guage true attitues is to formulate a meaningful population sampling rather than relying on expatriates.

Thread Information