Thread: Third Suicide/Homicide Massacre since interruption of Defensive Shield

Third Suicide/Homicide Massacre since interruption of Defensive Shield

Looks like the third suicide/homicide bombing massacre now occured since Israel was forced to interrupt Operation Defensive Shield.

This third bombing took place in the same Israeli suburb (Rishon Le'tzion) that was the site of the recent Palestinian terrorist attack at a pool hall.

Today's bombing took place just outside a shopping mall and was deliberately aimed at shoppers.

I hope that Israel disregards all hypocritical international pressure, and goes about the business of eliminating the rest of the Palestinian terrorism infrastructure, with full force.

ibrodsky

Timeto take off the gloves

Israel must announce that further suicide/homicide attacks against Israeli civilians will result in ever increasing retaliation, making the price that Palestinians pay for such attacks unbearable.

I don't think, however, that it is just a matter of completing Operation Defensive Shield. More realistically, Israel should choose a permanent border, build a wall, and separate itself from the Palestinians.

In this way, Israel can withdraw from 90% of the West Bank and make it clear that Jerusalem will never be divided. Further attacks will be seen as acts of war, and Israel must resolve to respond massively.

There comes a point when trying to protect a civilian population that supports terrorism simply doesn't make sense. The response must be so shocking that those Palestinians who don't support suicide/homicide attacks will demand an end to Palestinian terrorism.

L@mplighterM
    I agree with your statement 100% and I would take action far beyond your scope.

I wonder if a quick referendum of sorts isn’t in order at this point that spells out the consequences of strong military intervention.

Spell out all the potential the consequences of such action.

1. Boycotts by the EU
    2. Cost factors

Note: Hate to bring up points like that when Israeli citizens are being slaughtered.

I’m all for revenge and/or hunting down all the individuals responsible for such actions.

One question that must be raised is:

Is it possible to destroy the terrorist infrastructure?

Quote from jpost.com:

West Bank Fatah leader Marwan Barghouti sent out a message from his detention Jerusalem center today via his attorney urging Palestinians to press ahead with their resistance against Israel.
    http://www.jpost.com/NASApp/cs/Conte...=1021813227647

His lawyer should be arrested.

I watched the news today and a sleeper cell of bin Laden terrorist group had been living in Ontario, Canada. They had been under observation for quite sometime and apparently they up and left. No charges have been laid nor are any contemplated as I understood the situation.

The point is that it’s impossible in my opinion to eliminate terrorist attacks anywhere in the world.

The Islamic Fundamentalists can perhaps be appeased for a little while but the burning evil hatred within still remains and will resurface at a later point in time.

Vic
    Dr. Separation, or how I learned to stop worrying and build a fence

http://news.haaretz.co.il/hasen/page...ID=0&listSrc=Y

How Israeli intelligence services develop a fifth colum

http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/0522/p01s04-wome.html

interesting read from the typically flawless CSM.

In response to those who claim that Arafat is "not able" to control all the Palestinian terrorism factions, it is now reported that Arafat's own Fatah organization claimed reponsibility for this suicide/homicide bombing. It is undeniable that Arafat has complete control over his own faction.

From Haaretz:

The al-Aqsa Martyr's Brigade, affiliated with Palestinian Authority Chairman Yasser Arafat's Fatah faction, took responsibility Wednesday night for a suicide bombing in Rishon Letzion which left two Israelis dead and 37 wounded. Four people were seriously injured in the blast, which also killed the bomber.

The attack took place in a pedestrian mall located along Rothschild Street in the center of Rishon Letzion at around 9:10 P.M. Wednesday.

"This was another cowardly act of terror committed by Palestinian terrorists who have once again resorted to their murderous deeds," said David Baker, a spokesman for Prime Minister Ariel Sharon. "Israel will not buckle under in the face of terror and we will use whatever measures are needed to root it out."

It was not immediately clear whether the prime minister would launch a military retaliation in the wake of the attack. Sharon refrained from retaliating after three Israelis were killed when a suicide bomber blew himself up Sunday in the fruit and vegetable market in the cosatal city of Netanya.

alexbmn
    things are "really getting back to normal" DAMMIT!!!!!!!!THey have to reoccupy the cities.But they ve gotten used to this so much that the deathof two people is not considered a big deal.

alexbmn
    I'm really depressed.I know they wont do anything.Any country that has soldiers leaving money at the tables of its sworn enemies is in deep trouble.

Thread Information