Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56

Thread: Documented cases of media dishonesty

  1. #1
    KettleWhistle
    Guest

    Documented cases of media dishonesty

    This thread is to collect single articles on mainstream media's dishonesty and shock-value distortions directed against Israel and Jews in general. I thought it would be good to have a handy source of references when needed in debates in other parts of the forum. So feel free to post relevant articles here, but let's take the debating elsewhere, as this is just a repository for quick references.

  2. #2
    KettleWhistle
    Guest
    Originally posted by Toga in the News section:
    ---------
    Last Update: 18/02/2005 05:58
    BBC apologizes for airing erroneous story on IDF soldier
    By Haaretz Service

    The British Broadcasting Corporation apologized Thursday for an item on a religious program that angered the Jewish community by "demonizing" Israel, The Daily Telegraph reported on Friday.

    Dozens of complaints have been received about a story on BBC Radio 4's Thought for the Day during the Today program that suggested a Muslim corporal in the Israel Defense Forces had been jailed for refusing to shoot Palestinian children, according to The Telegraph.

    The contributor, the Rev. Dr. John Bell, also apologized and admitted his story could have been interpreted as "furtive racism" at a time when "Jewish sensitivity in Britain is running high because of anti-Semitism."

    A row continues over London mayor Ken Livingstone's refusal to apologise for likening a Jewish newspaper reporter to a concentration camp guard.

    Dr. Bell said he did not intend to cause offense and acknowledged that aspects of his story were incorrect, the British daily reported.

    Last Thursday Dr. Bell, of the Iona Community, an ecumenical Christian organisation, gave an account of the experiences of a Muslim in the IDF.

    On the radio, Dr. Bell claimed he met the former corporal, an Arab Israeli called Adam, 19, in a Lebanese restaurant in Vancouver two years ago.

    Dr. Bell said he was a soldier of "Palestinian Muslim stock, born in the state of Israel" who had been conscripted into the army.

    He said the soldier told him he saved many lives by killing a suicide bomber who boarded a bus and he related how he was jailed for disobeying an order to shoot Palestinian schoolchildren, the Telegraph reported.

    The suggestion that the IDF would order soldiers to kill defenseless children outraged the Jewish community.

    Thursday a spokesman for the Board of Deputies of British Jews said: "This story appears to be a fabrication seeking to demonize Israel.

    "The BBC's acknowledgement that there was no evidence for this is a positive sign and we hope that further contributions are checked more thoroughly," the spokesman told The Telegraph.

    The anecdote was told the day after Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and Palestinian Authority chairman Mahmoud Abbas had declared a truce offering hope for peace in the Middle East. It was supposed to illustrate the fact that the truce would not eradicate the historic hatred between Jews and Palestinians.

    Jewish listeners contacted the BBC to point out that elements of the story could not be true. Israeli Arabs are exempt from conscription and it would be almost impossible for a soldier aged 19 to be promoted to corporal.

    The BBC's apology said the corporation had been "unable to find any evidence to support the story". The Israeli authorities told the corporation that there was no proof of the soldier's existence.

    Dr. Bell said he had wrongly assumed that the soldier had been conscripted and claimed that the soldier was 21, not 19.

    He added: "I perfectly understand that at a time when Jewish sensitivity in Britain is running high because of anti-Semitism that part of my remarks might have been interpreted as furtive racism. However, such a conjecture would be completely untrue."

    A spokesman at the Israeli embassy said: "It is important that Dr. Bell and the BBC recognise the damage that these kind of baseless and false allegations have caused.

    "We appreciate that the BBC has apologised; however, it is a pity as the damage is irreparable. The BBC must act with more caution and responsibility to check facts before they are aired to millions of listeners."

  3. #3
    Alban
    Guest
    I heard that Hollywood is dominated by the Jewish people.

    I also heard similiar things of the American media. I also heard that alot of European media is dominated by Jewish owners.

    Am I wrong? Please take no insult. As I said I have only heard these things. I don't claim to know if it is true or not.

    Please take no insult I just want to understand the facts.

    Why would the media a Jewish owned type of business give bad credit and representation of itself?

    If I am wrong please point out the errors of my ways.

  4. #4
    minusthejihad
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alban
    I heard that Hollywood is dominated by the Jewish people.

    I also heard similiar things of the American media. I also heard that alot of European media is dominated by Jewish owners.

    Am I wrong? Please take no insult. As I said I have only heard these things. I don't claim to know if it is true or not.

    Please take no insult I just want to understand the facts.

    Why would the media a Jewish owned type of business give bad credit and representation of itself?

    If I am wrong please point out the errors of my ways.
    Yes you are wrong. Neither Hollywood nor the media are "dominated" by Jews. However there are a lot of Jews in both industries but disproportionate to their size within the entire American populations. This is also true of Doctors and Lawyers. Does that mean that Jews control the AMA and the National Council of Lawyers? No.

    Fact is, Jews are brought up with an enormous emphasis on education, ideological beliefs based on doing right and searching for the truth, and with the intent to be very successful. We want to be more than your avergae Joe and the high numbers of Jews in important positions is proof of our upbringing and success. Just look at how many Nobel prizes in science, technology, literature, etc. Jews have won compared to others. It's disproportionate too, but tdoes that mean that Jews control the Nobel Prize committee, the same one that awarded a prize to Arch Terrorist Yassir Arafat? No.

    The bottom line is that yes, Jewshave a high presence in the industry, but if you are implying that they "control" those industries, I need to ask what your intent with a question like that is?

  5. #5
    Harlequin
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alban
    .... I also heard that alot of European media is dominated by Jewish owners.

    Am I wrong? Please take no insult. As I said I have only heard these things. I don't claim to know if it is true or not.

    Please take no insult I just want to understand the facts.

    Why would the media a Jewish owned type of business give bad credit and representation of itself?
    You must be very young not to realize that this theme of 'the Jews control everything' is the basic excuse popularized by the 'Protocols of the Elders of Zion', the 19th century antisemitic forgery by the Russion secret service.

    It is also an excuse for Arabs not to have to admit to themselves that somebody might look at the evidence and independently come to the conclusion that Israel on the whole has right more on its side than the Palestinians.

    If your assumption that Jews always stick together and will never criticize each other were true, then it is sure that there is no domination of European media by Jewish proprietors, since the European media on the whole are felt by Israel and its sympathizers to be rather biased against it.

    By the way, the clearest occasion of media manipulation recently came from the Egyptian owner of the French periodical Liberation, who fired the editor in connection with the Mohammed cartoons.

    One must be blind not to see that contrary to your assumption, Jews display a wide range opinions on the policies of Israel, and in fact cannot be automatically counted on to support it. Ever heard of Noam Chomsky, or Prof Halper?

    But, eh, please don't be insulted by the following question, I don't mean to offend you. But have you noticed that in contrast to the USA, Europe and Israel, where a free press offers a wide range of opinions, the press, mosques and schools in most Arab countries work together as one unit to indoctrinate Arabs from kindergarten onwards against Jews in the most vile antisemitic way, and will never allow for anything to be said in Israels favour, resulting in the average Arab being solidly brainwashed and not really having a chance to come to a balanced opinion?

  6. #6
    Gilgamesh
    Guest
    Alban, an obvoius troll, yet he has managed to point out an important angle.
    It is true we Jews are "over represented" in some fields, relative to our population.

    It is also true, that black people are "over represented" in sports and modern music, for example. Yet nobody assumes the possibility of "World African domination", no story of the "Elder of Zimbabue" for instance...

    Another more important point Alban has raised up without really intending to:
    Since there are so many great Jews, all over the world, who contribute so much to humanity and human culture, health, science, ecconomics and politics, how come all these Jews do not co-operate to promote a certain ideas for the benefit of man kind.

    Jews are one of the people most fit to lead the way forward, and we Jews do so from the first day of our existance. We do so mostly as role models for others. Yet we do so as individuals. Wouldn't our impact be much greater if all of us would agree to some basic lines of action and actually follow those? Does every thing needs to be debated among us Jews, including our human rights, such as our right for self sovereignity or right of self defense?

    Anti semites like Alban, are certain that we have great loyalties and hidden agenda whatever the pathetic assimilant Jews are attempting to prove. Isn't it high time we quit the BS and actuly fullfil what if logicly expected of us? Maybe it's should be for the best of mankind!

  7. #7
    Toga
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alban
    I heard that Hollywood is dominated by the Jewish people.

    I also heard similiar things of the American media. I also heard that alot of European media is dominated by Jewish owners.

    Am I wrong? Please take no insult. As I said I have only heard these things. I don't claim to know if it is true or not.

    Please take no insult I just want to understand the facts.

    Why would the media a Jewish owned type of business give bad credit and representation of itself?

    If I am wrong please point out the errors of my ways.

    Hehe..and I heard that the Jews use the blood of the innocent non-Jewish children to bake matzo.

  8. #8
    Gilgamesh
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Toga
    Hehe..and I heard that the Jews use the blood of the innocent non-Jewish children to bake matzo.
    Alban the red neck mujik, seems to be one who actually believes in that BS.

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Alban
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh
    Alban the red neck mujik, seems to be one who actually believes in that BS.
    I have not insulted noone here.

    Can't make a intelligent arguement so the next big thing is insults.

    Don't assume to know anything about me.

  11. #11
    Alban
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh
    Alban, an obvoius troll, yet he has managed to point out an important angle.
    It is true we Jews are "over represented" in some fields, relative to our population.

    It is also true, that black people are "over represented" in sports and modern music, for example. Yet nobody assumes the possibility of "World African domination", no story of the "Elder of Zimbabue" for instance...

    Another more important point Alban has raised up without really intending to:
    Since there are so many great Jews, all over the world, who contribute so much to humanity and human culture, health, science, ecconomics and politics, how come all these Jews do not co-operate to promote a certain ideas for the benefit of man kind.

    Jews are one of the people most fit to lead the way forward, and we Jews do so from the first day of our existance. We do so mostly as role models for others. Yet we do so as individuals. Wouldn't our impact be much greater if all of us would agree to some basic lines of action and actually follow those? Does every thing needs to be debated among us Jews, including our human rights, such as our right for self sovereignity or right of self defense?

    Anti semites like Alban, are certain that we have great loyalties and hidden agenda whatever the pathetic assimilant Jews are attempting to prove. Isn't it high time we quit the BS and actuly fullfil what if logicly expected of us? Maybe it's should be for the best of mankind!
    Troll?

    No I am just here trying to learn.

    Insults and more insults from you.

    Anybody that questions Israel is a anti-semite? You are very hilarious.

    If I have any opposition in view to a Israeli I am a anti-semite. How it must be so easy for you.

    If a person discredits and makes fun of European people they are a humanitarian.

    What a horrible world we live in.


    Anti semites like Alban, are certain that we have great loyalties and hidden agenda whatever the pathetic assimilant Jews are attempting to prove. Isn't it high time we quit the BS and actuly fullfil what if logicly expected of us? Maybe it's should be for the best of mankind!
    Explain the rest of that comment please I would like to hear more about it.

  12. #12
    Alban
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin
    You must be very young not to realize that this theme of 'the Jews control everything' is the basic excuse popularized by the 'Protocols of the Elders of Zion', the 19th century antisemitic forgery by the Russion secret service.

    It is also an excuse for Arabs not to have to admit to themselves that somebody might look at the evidence and independently come to the conclusion that Israel on the whole has right more on its side than the Palestinians.

    If your assumption that Jews always stick together and will never criticize each other were true, then it is sure that there is no domination of European media by Jewish proprietors, since the European media on the whole are felt by Israel and its sympathizers to be rather biased against it.

    By the way, the clearest occasion of media manipulation recently came from the Egyptian owner of the French periodical Liberation, who fired the editor in connection with the Mohammed cartoons.

    One must be blind not to see that contrary to your assumption, Jews display a wide range opinions on the policies of Israel, and in fact cannot be automatically counted on to support it. Ever heard of Noam Chomsky, or Prof Halper?

    But, eh, please don't be insulted by the following question, I don't mean to offend you. But have you noticed that in contrast to the USA, Europe and Israel, where a free press offers a wide range of opinions, the press, mosques and schools in most Arab countries work together as one unit to indoctrinate Arabs from kindergarten onwards against Jews in the most vile antisemitic way, and will never allow for anything to be said in Israels favour, resulting in the average Arab being solidly brainwashed and not really having a chance to come to a balanced opinion?

    One must be blind not to see that contrary to your assumption, Jews display a wide range opinions on the policies of Israel, and in fact cannot be automatically counted on to support it. Ever heard of Noam Chomsky, or Prof Halper?
    I have heard of Noam Chomsky he is a ok read every now and then.


    You must be very young not to realize that this theme of 'the Jews control everything' is the basic excuse popularized by the 'Protocols of the Elders of Zion', the 19th century antisemitic forgery by the Russion secret service.
    I have heard of this writing yes. I have never read it though.


    If your assumption that Jews always stick together and will never criticize each other were true, then it is sure that there is no domination of European media by Jewish proprietors, since the European media on the whole are felt by Israel and its sympathizers to be rather biased against it.
    Even atheist Jews that I know of are very patriotic of Israel.

    No matter the differential of opinions you guys are very patriotic in your country.

    Is this a bad thing? No every country is patriotic.


    With patriotism and power however there comes to be some forms of manipulation though.


    But, eh, please don't be insulted by the following question, I don't mean to offend you. But have you noticed that in contrast to the USA, Europe and Israel, where a free press offers a wide range of opinions, the press, mosques and schools in most Arab countries work together as one unit to indoctrinate Arabs from kindergarten onwards against Jews in the most vile antisemitic way, and will never allow for anything to be said in Israels favour, resulting in the average Arab being solidly brainwashed and not really having a chance to come to a balanced opinion?
    Are you wanting me to answer a question?

  13. #13
    Alban
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh
    Alban the red neck mujik, seems to be one who actually believes in that BS.
    Does the word mujik coincide with gentile?

    I have heard terrible words and phrases from that word gentile in Judaism.

    Please explain if I am wrong.

  14. #14
    Alban
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by minusthejihad
    Yes you are wrong. Neither Hollywood nor the media are "dominated" by Jews. However there are a lot of Jews in both industries but disproportionate to their size within the entire American populations. This is also true of Doctors and Lawyers. Does that mean that Jews control the AMA and the National Council of Lawyers? No.

    Fact is, Jews are brought up with an enormous emphasis on education, ideological beliefs based on doing right and searching for the truth, and with the intent to be very successful. We want to be more than your avergae Joe and the high numbers of Jews in important positions is proof of our upbringing and success. Just look at how many Nobel prizes in science, technology, literature, etc. Jews have won compared to others. It's disproportionate too, but tdoes that mean that Jews control the Nobel Prize committee, the same one that awarded a prize to Arch Terrorist Yassir Arafat? No.

    The bottom line is that yes, Jewshave a high presence in the industry, but if you are implying that they "control" those industries, I need to ask what your intent with a question like that is?
    With power and heavy presence in anything comes bias political outlines of the selected group in holding the industry.

    Virtually everyday I am watching the news I hear about Israel on a daily basis. Yet it is a small country in the Middle East across the Atlantic ocean so far away from us Americans.

  15. #15
    Gilgamesh
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alban
    Does the word mujik coincide with gentile?
    mujik means red neck in russian. Red neck means bigot racist stupid person... such as your self! Now this is coincidence, don't you think?.

    I have heard terrible words and phrases from that word gentile in Judaism.
    Give us more reason to like you and you'll have less of those.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 05:26 AM
  2. BBC: PA Pays for Murder of Israelis
    By NewsGuy in forum In The News
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 11-18-2003, 08:57 PM
  3. Gallup Poll: Public Thinks Media Is 'Liberal'
    By abu afak in forum U.S. Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2003, 09:33 AM
  4. Our Media Jihadis -
    By RichardP in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-08-2003, 02:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •