Thread: All hail our Big Brotherly Democrats

KettleWhistle

All hail our Big Brotherly Democrats

So today I received an email warning me that L.A.P.D. is kicking off the summer driving season with a program called “Click it or Ticket." While it is a national program, our Democratic Legislature strongly encourages California police to not spare any resources. Apparently, there is just nothing more important than to intrude on our civil liberties. Certainly not something like drug dealers, toothless $2 whores that swamp the streets of the poorer neighborhoods the moment the sun sets, or the rampant gangs. Why not instead ticket people want to decide for themselves how safe they want to be, and don't want to be strangled to their seat by the largely-ineffective seatbelts that not only prevent one from having some freedom of movent inside the vehicle, but are also known to prevent people from getting out of burning cars?

According the information I received, the fines for exercising this modiculum of civil liberty while driving isn't that cheap either. The maximum fine for seat belt violations for persons 16 and older is $87 for the first offense and the citation more than doubles for the second offense. California courts are also highly discriminative against drivers with "children" under 16 that are not properly secured in a vehicle. If cited, drivers may receive one “point count” on their driving record, with a maximum fine for a first offense of $340, which increases to $871 for a second offense. The fines above do not include the 170% tax that our Democrats use to maintain prisons, which according to them should not be maintained and paid for by the prisoner labor.

All hail the freedom-loving and liberties-defending Dems!
    Last edited by KettleWhistle; 05-14-2005 at 12:22 AM.

We have the same program in NC which is the reddest of red states.

KettleWhistle
    Both sides can get extreme. Nevertheless, this is a national program, but our state is the only one that encourages cops to not spare any resources. And our cops are actually busy. We have less than half of what New York has when adjusted for population numbers and population density.

We have 5 different police forces in Wake county plus 2 state police forces, plus the FBI and the MPs that operate in the county. Pretty much anyone who wants a job can get one.

KettleWhistle
    The place (in the MidWest) where my parents live had 0 crimes in the last three years. The cops there have nothing to do so they basically harrass people over each and any traffic violation. A friend of my parents got a ticket from cops that showed at his door because some decorated WWII old fart vet called in his license number and claiming that he was following too close, and possibly broke the speed limit doing that. That vet was obviously a man of such integrity that his word just couldn't be ignored. And the ACLU was too busy defending that Muslim woman from Florida that complained about not being given the driver's license after refusing to be photographed.

But guess what, the police departiments there is still hiring!

Oh yes & I forgot to mention violent crime in Wake county is up 15% since they doubled the size of the police forces and doubled the average pay of police officers. Don't get me started.

But to be fair most PDs have seatbelt 'programs' in order to get people of questionable documentation, as we call it; a.k.a Driving While Mexican.

Thread Information