Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel Refuses Antisemitic Ex Malaysian Premier Entry

Semsem

Israel Refuses Antisemitic Ex Malaysian Premier Entry

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...=1116296306660

Israel called arrogant for denying former Malaysian PM entry
    By HERB KEINON

Advertisement

Mahathir Mohamad, the former Malaysian prime minister who said during an anti-Semitic diatribe in 2003 that Jews rule the world by proxy, knocked on Israel's door Tuesday, but was denied access to Jerusalem.

Mahathir said he was held up Monday for nearly an hour by Israeli border officials as he entered the West Bank through the Allenby Bridge from Jordan. He told reporters in the West Bank that he was also told he would not be allowed to enter Jerusalem.

Malaysia's Deputy Prime Minister Najib Razak called Israeli's handling of Mahathir's visit as "arrogant," according to the national Bernama news agency. It quoted him as saying: "Jerusalem is not theirs [Israel's]... it is an open town that anyone can visit."

Sources in Jerusalem, however, said that Israel's Foreign Ministry had no idea about the planned visit, and that it seemed that by arriving on the country's doorstep in this manner – without any prior warning or announcement – Mahathir was engaging in "showmanship," and was interested in creating a diplomatic incident.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Mark Regev said he "failed to understand how someone could show up unannounced and then complain that we didn't do anything to facilitate the visit."

At a 2003 Muslim leaders' summit in Malaysia, Mahathir said "the Europeans killed 6 million Jews out of 12 million, but today the Jews rule the world by proxy; they get others to fight and die for them." Regev said that despite Mahathir's diatribe, had Israel known of Mahathir's desire to visit, it would have accommodated him.

"He is the former prime minister of Malaysia," Regev said of Mahathir. "Had we known he wanted to arrive, we would have given him the proper VIP treatment. Israel wants to improve its relationships with the Arab and Muslim world, and will do what it can in this regard." Israel and Malaysia have no diplomatic ties.

In March, a "Peace in Palestine" conference was held in Malaysia that called for the establishment of a center there to coordinate a proposed boycott of Israeli products. Five extreme-left Gush Shalom activists from Israel who attended that conference reportedly had to receive special permission from the Malaysian government to enter the country.

Najib, who is also Malaysia's defense minister, said Mahathir wanted to "see the situation in the West Bank for himself during the visit." Mahathir said Israel also barred him from visiting Jenin, where he was to inaugurate a school funded by Malaysia. He was invited to visit the town to tour the destruction there that has resulted from the five years of Palestinian violence.

"I hope one day we can visit Palestine and free Jerusalem," he said.

AP contributed to this report.

tandem
    "He is the former prime minister of Malaysia," Regev said of Mahathir. "Had we known he wanted to arrive, we would have given him the proper VIP treatment. Israel wants to improve its relationships with the Arab and Muslim world, and will do what it can in this regard." Israel and Malaysia have no diplomatic ties.
    see? that's why jews continue to eat krap from the rest of the world. here we have a despicable judeophobe piece of garbage and he's suppose to get VIP treatment in israel?

minusthejihad
    "I hope one day we can visit Palestine and free Jerusalem," he said.
    It's amazing how the Muslims and anti-semites say things loud and clear, yet Israelis like SharonBN and Ophra pay no attention and try to spin statements like the one above into some harmless words.

KettleWhistle
    Quote Originally Posted by tandem
    see? that's why jews continue to eat krap from the rest of the world. here we have a despicable judeophobe piece of garbage and he's suppose to get VIP treatment in israel?
    I couldn't agree more. That scumbag almost broke all political relationships with Singapour over Israeli President Katsav's symbolic visit, and have been demonizing Israel his whole political career. It's really beyond me why he wasn't handed a visa application in Hebrew and wasn't told to get lost right at the border.

minusthejihad
    They should have arrested him and tried him for Incitement and Nazi Propoganda. What Chutzpa!

What goes around comes around. There's no place for an anti-Semite in Israel, ESPECIALLY for Mahathir.
    “This is a reality but I won’t deal with it in terms of recognizing or admitting it.”

Khaled Mashaal, Hamas leader

qistina255
    Quote Originally Posted by Womble
    What goes around comes around. There's no place for an anti-Semite in Israel, ESPECIALLY for Mahathir.
    Peace
    Do you really think he's an anti-semitism???
    how can they not know that there's a prime minister arriving in their country???
    Now, jenin is under the israeli government, please, logically they should've known about his visit.
    I know mahathir enough to tell u that he's not an anti-semitism, but he's an anti-zionist like the rest of the world.

KettleWhistle
    Quote Originally Posted by qistina255
    Peace
    how can they not know that there's a prime minister arriving in their country???
    Now, jenin is under the israeli government, please, logically they should've known about his visit.
    I know mahathir enough to tell u that he's not an anti-semitism, but he's an anti-zionist like the rest of the world.
    Anti-zionism is anti-Semitism and rest of the World is not all anti-Semitic. There are still a few decent people left out there.

Semsem
    >> know mahathir enough to tell u that he's not an anti-semitism, but he's an anti-zionist like the rest of the world.<<

Vous etes une cretine ma chere. For you to have the gaul to say that that disgusting Malaysian Prime Minister is not antisemite implies that you too are one. Coming from France it is not surprising.

So you think Israel knew that fascist was on his way? We may be Jews but we do not all perform miracles. And even if Israel knew so what?

That antisemitic bum should have been arrested.

KettleWhistle
    Quote Originally Posted by Semsem
    Vous etes une cretine ma chere. For you to have the gaul to say that that disgusting Malaysian Prime Minister is not antisemite implies that you too are one. Coming from France it is not surprising.
    It's not surprising coming from France, but according to his/her profile s/he was born on May 25, 1989. Do the math.

Semsem
    Quote Originally Posted by qistina255
    Peace
    Oh yeah Frenchie. And Hitler was also not an antisemite. You fascist French hiding behind Zionism. Va te faire foutre espece de connace.

qistina255
    Peace,
    Never in my life have i insulted the jewish community or others, i'm trying to debate now,it is so surprising how u guys debating, buy calling someone who is non facist a facist,
    gtg to school, i'll continue later

Fredo
    Oh yeah Frenchie. And Hitler was also not an antisemite. You fascist French hiding behind Zionism. Va te faire foutre espece de connace.
    Oh Semsem , is that a way to talk to a young lady ? wash your mouth out a bit. (for information it's "connasse" not "connace" )

Why do you link her nationality to facism ? the French nationality as nothing to see with being facist or antisemitic , it's not imcompatible , but not linked.
    but well , it's kind of an habit for you to link "french" to "antisemitism" and "facism"... very bad habit.

qistina255
    Quote Originally Posted by KettleWhistle
    Anti-zionism is anti-Semitism and rest of the World is not all anti-Semitic. There are still a few decent people left out there.
    Peace,
    U'r sure 'bout that???
    Anti-semitism means the act of hate against jewish in general.
    Anti-zionism means against those who want to rule the world, it's sad to say but most of them are jews, (not trying to insult anybody)
    If i say that i'm anti-zionism, means i'm against inhumanity.

qistina255
    >> know mahathir enough to tell u that he's not an anti-semitism, but he's an anti-zionist like the rest of the world.<<

So you think Israel knew that fascist was on his way? We may be Jews but we do not all perform miracles. And even if Israel knew so what?

That antisemitic bum should have been arrested.
    Peace,
    U guys know that malaysia is a muslim country, and mahathir's a muslim. There 's a very strong solidarity between all muslims in the world, tell me, palestine is under the occupation of israel, logically if the plastinians know 'bout the vist, how come israelis didn't know????
    I'm sure u would've welcomed g.bush even if he didn't told u 'bout his visit.
    is this how u guys want to settle u'y problem with muslim world???

Thread Information